The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > S10 S15 Luv Blazer

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-22-2013, 12:29 AM   #1
AspecialZ
Street Rod Restoration

93 s10 build?

Hey, I didnt know there was a section for s10s on here! I've had 15 of them and this is number 16! I picked it up for $700. in December, planning on doing something old school with it I think. Its a 93 2.8 5-spped short bed, no A?C or power anything. Going to take out the interior and freshen it up with new carpet, bucket seats, door panels and clean/paint the trim. On the outside, well, it needs extensive rocker and cab corner work, bed work and the front clip is rotting away inside the engine bay. However I got this truck with a new transmission and the underneath is still very clean! So....lets see where I go from here, haha!
Attached Images

Old 03-22-2013, 12:33 AM   #2
AspecialZ
Street Rod Restoration

Re: 93 s10 build?

Heres a few of my past s10s
Attached Images

Old 03-22-2013, 06:37 PM   #3
BarryB

Nice S10's, these little truck do have a certain something about them. I've had a few myself. My current one is a 91 reg cab short bed. Its ugly as sin but It still goes, and goes. Soon to be getting engine transplant. and Ihave people aske me all the time wanna sell it. Nope not for sale.

* You may be only one person in the world, But you may also be the world to one person.

* Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Two rules in life.
1. Never sweat the small stuff!
2. Everything is small stuff!
BarryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:06 AM   #4
98layinframe

Scott I swear your just as bad as me! Way to many projects!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-01-2013, 01:39 PM   #5
AspecialZ
Street Rod Restoration

Hell yeah Dave! I keep saying its the last one, but that never is true. I did just pickup a 49 3100 chevy though, so I'm trying to thin the garage out a bit. Try and start getting into the frame work on some of these projects, hows yours coming?
Old 04-01-2013, 01:43 PM   #6
AspecialZ
Street Rod Restoration

Started tearing down the front clip on the s10 today, Unfortunately their are some stubborn bolts that will need some tough love to come out. I also sanded and painted the new front support, hood brackets, and misc parts so I can put it all together before installing it onto the truck. Weather was nice so I started outside the other day. Its supossed to climb back up towards the 60s late this week, so I may get back out there again this weekend, Hopefully get hte doors off and the clip off and I can start working on the front end and get the rockers drilled out so I can replace the outter skin on them and the cab corners.
Attached Images

Old 04-01-2013, 02:04 PM   #7
98layinframe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AspecialZ View Post
Hell yeah Dave! I keep saying its the last one, but that never is true. I did just pickup a 49 3100 chevy though, so I'm trying to thin the garage out a bit. Try and start getting into the frame work on some of these projects, hows yours coming?
Wait you bought a second AD truck!? My first gen is progressing along slowly but surely, its sad im doing soooo much fabrication and sheet metal work that no one will ever see.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-01-2013, 02:22 PM   #8
AspecialZ
Street Rod Restoration

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98layinframe View Post
Wait you bought a second AD truck!? My first gen is progressing along slowly but surely, its sad im doing soooo much fabrication and sheet metal work that no one will ever see.
Posted via Mobile Device
Atleast you'll know its solid work underneath! I'm not that great at fabrication, it takes me sooo long, but I think its because of everything I have going on at once.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:40 PM   #9
AspecialZ
Street Rod Restoration

Well, I wasn't going to go to the garage today, but haste makes waste I suspose...I got the front clip off, cleaned out the interior and laid down some spray in bedliner to quiet the ride inside. Also sandblasted the headlamp buckets since they were in poor shape, shot them in flat black. Doors are off now, so I guess i'm onto getting the cab corners and rockers in order next... Not looking forward to cutting the cancer out and welding the new panels.
Attached Images

Old 05-13-2013, 02:24 PM   #10
AspecialZ
Street Rod Restoration

"Thread Closed"

Well, I no longer have this project truck. I picked up a 95 ext cab since I like having the extra space in the cab. I'' pickup with that sometime soon, thanks for following!