The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > S10 S15 Luv Blazer

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-26-2013, 05:14 PM   #1
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

S10 Blazer weatherstriping

I normally hang out over on the 67-72 board but need to quieten the squeak I'm hearing.
My wife has a 2000 Chevy Blazer.It stared leaking about 2 years ago.I have reglued the weateherstrip and looked for new with no luck.It leaks along the A pillar/door above beltline.I thought about bringing the top of the door in to seal better and found it's welded on door hinges.Anyone have this problem and how did you solve it.
BTW I checked for play in the hinges and the door is in alignment.I'm wondering if I can tighten the latch(to close the door tighter) and solve this problem.
Any suggestions would be welcome and TY in advance.
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 01:22 PM   #2
BarryB

Re: S10 Blazer weatherstriping

Sorry for a late reply, but new ones can be gotten from 1A Auto parts. Do a google then you can go from there. I have at one time, removed the door from the pins and beat the hinge back some, because over time of being swung open It had sprung the hinge outwards. PO was a little rough on the door. Give you an idea, when you park on a hill sideways gravity will let the door slam open. Thats what I had to fix, now the door is back where it needs to be a shuts and seals properly.

* You may be only one person in the world, But you may also be the world to one person.

* Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Two rules in life.
1. Never sweat the small stuff!
2. Everything is small stuff!
BarryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 09:42 PM   #3
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

Re: S10 Blazer weatherstriping

Thanks for the tip.I got it to seal with a little advice from Josh.I haven't seen him to thank him for the advice though.
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote