The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-16-2019, 08:09 AM   #1
72step

Power Window Help!

So i have a 85 square im working on and the power window motor connector is giving me problems. Any ideas how i can fix this? I tried a different connector from a junkyard and no cigar. Seems lime that there connector is sooo far forward that its hitting in inside the door.. i could swear on YouTube a guy puts his into the door and the wire conne tor seems to face the rear of the door but that can't happen and a parts store guy told me there's no left or rights. Thanks in advance for any ideas. Id post a pic of the connector but i guess you need a milenial era camera to take pics that small because pics are always too big to load on this site.
72step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 10:19 AM   #2
Pontiac1976

Re: Power Window Help!

do you have pic's of the switch and the connector your working with door panel.
Question did you have power windows option before, or are you adding this option for your truck?

Ok do you have window's 7 system use one of the Paint, Paint pro, Paint 3D one of this will let change size flip the pic's right click on the pic option menu pop up click on what ever paint shop is on your system (open) work on the pic save to your picture folder or where your pic's save on the system you have set up. paint is pretty basic but lets you draw type add line to pic for showing on board site. you can play with it you should pick it up pretty fast. Oh when you look at the pic you will IE: width 2995x height 1944 this is very large when you save with a new name, board sites like width 500 to 300. the name for that pic let you save the pic from the camera just in case you need more copies or resize more pic's.
1977 REG cab Long Bed with a 1984 Front Clip, 82 305 .60 over 9.0.1 flat top pistons, 4bbl, TH350, w/84 SS-intake & cam , w/ 1977 big block rad, 1975 gear box, 1984 master w/ metric fittings top & SAE fitting @ portion block, 1975 3.42 gear open diff. Duel 77-87 Factory air cleaner, duel inlet from rad support . Down sized 9' to new 8' Steel flat bed
Was a 77 454 w/308 gear. Taken out 550 lbs. up front with motor clip change.
Pontiac1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 12:52 AM   #3
tucsonjwt

Re: Power Window Help!

I am not clear on what you mean by sooo far forward that it is hitting inside the door.

My 83 has factory power windows and, as I recall, the connector fits into the back of the motor and is somewhat hidden behind a sheet metal bracket.

New harnesses are still available from AC Delco.

As was mentioned, it you have an aftermarket setup then that is a different matter, and I have no knowledge of that.
tucsonjwt is offline   Reply With Quote