The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-13-2008, 03:01 AM   #1
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Merry Truckmas..My gift to the board and possibly you, "friend"

I need to get this out of the way first...ATTENTION MODS...I got the ok to post this in this forum from LIZ. Please dont move, delete or sticky...Thanks

Ive had a bunch of contests, guessing games, ebay auctions and general goofy stuff over the years here to help support the board. The year is almost over and Ive been trying to come up with one last thing to support the board by giving memberships to some of my board "friends".

I wanted something everyone could participate in. No photoshop skills, no guessing games, almost no brain work at all... Just something my "friends" can participate in.

Sure this board is about our trucks, but Ive come to learn its more about the good "friends" Ive made here over the years.

So Ive decided to give away a one year board membership to 5 of my "friends". And as an added bonus one of the 5 lucky "friends" will also get a one years subscription to Classic Trucks magazine.

On Christmas day when my granddaughter is visiting Ill have her look at all my "friends" on my computer and have her point to her favorite 5 avatars...those will be the winners. Ill then write each persons name down on a small slip of paper and have her draw one out of a cup, that will be the subscription winner.

Merry Christmas to all my board "friends"

Mark

I made the contest better on post #63 I'll copy paste it here

You guys are great. Love the avatars. Ok here is where we stand so far. I have 104 "friends" including the "friends" I had before this little contest was started.

If we hit 100 by Christmas day, before my granddaughter shows up, Im adding two more one year memberships. We made the first goal...104 Dec 16th...=)

And a little more incentive =)

This will be my last addition (I dont wanna go broke lol) If we surpass the 100 "friends" and make it to 150 "friends" Ill make it an even 10 one year board subscriptions. Ill take those 10 names and put em all in a cup and have my granddaughter draw out 3. Each will get a one year subscription to Classic Trucks on top of their one year board subscription.

Now out of 46,797 members this should be easy. So spread the word (try not to break any board rules...I dont want Liz to yell at me lol). Good luck to everyone thats playing along. Shooting for 150 (149 wont do it lol)...easy to do in ten days right?

REMEMBER JUST CHANGING YOUR AVATAR DOESNT MAKE YOU A "FRIEND"

I think there have been plenty of clues on how to figure it out =)

December 22nd up to 116

Mark

Last edited by CG; 12-22-2008 at 05:39 PM. Reason: updating "friends"
CG is offline   Reply With Quote