The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-14-2004, 10:01 PM   #1
firedog

Angry soon to be ex wife almost sold my truck

i was letting my soon to be ex-wife use my truck while her car is in the shop and she called me to tell me someone stopped her asking her if it was for sale. I said WHAT!! she said they offered her $4000 for it i told her she was crazy. She said that the divorce isnt final yet she could still get the truck in the divorce i said over my dead body. I knew we were getting divorced for a reason. She hasnt made it home yet so i hope everything is ok and when she gets home shes giving me my keys back.
Tach/tilt/buddy buckets
Bagged/18" Wheels
Black on Black

Project "Pandemic" the Farm Rat
1927 Chevy Capitol Truck Rat rod
'30 Model A Frame
Dual Carb 5.3 LS
http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...d.php?t=804162

2007 GMC 4 DOOR 2WD
BUILT 5.3 STAGE 3 CAM 93 TUNE
LIFTED 22X12 WHEELS 33" TIRES

2023 Jeep RENEGADE
Wifes ride
firedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 10:07 PM   #2
Quagmire
A splendid one to behold

bury them keys next time!
Old 06-14-2004, 10:40 PM   #3
boraxman
Keepin an eye out

Put it in a friends name (if her names not on the title) till the mess is over.
ZIP 91351
boraxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 11:12 PM   #4
dtlilly
Account Suspended

bury her next time.

Ya, I like that idea by boraxman. Sell the truck to a trusted friend for like $3000 (on paper). Then when the mess is over, buy it back from his (on paper). It may cost a couple bucks to pay takes/tags, but that cost is less than losing the truck.
dtlilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 11:22 PM   #5
cableguy0

if he sells it for 3 grand even if on paper she will be entitled to half unless hes got a damn good lawyer sell it to someone you know wont screw ya for a dollar that way the most she can get is 50 cents
Owner of North Point Car Care in Dundalk Md. We specialize in custom exhaust on both modern and classic vehicles. We are a full service auto shop from classics to modern vehicles. Feel free to contact me with questions. I will give a 10% discount to any board member.
cableguy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 11:29 PM   #6
mtdave2
newly minted old timer

wtf is up with women. they go crazy ! i wonder what she would say if you went tru her jewlery and told her that you could sell this stuff and there is nothing she could do.

no wonder im 34 and still never married.. i keep hearing crap like this. i think they are all insaine.. other than gmc junkie that is heheh
mtdave2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 11:35 PM   #7
1970blazin
Blazerless:-(

Mtdave2
Hey what about me? - I am a good girl- there are some out there, but you have to wade thru the *****es to get to us....Also most of the b!tches have the big breasts you boys are always staring at! J.K.

Hang in there firedog- divorce sucks, get thru it and don't get bitter towards the other woman out there...just watch your back a little and stay open to find a good CHEVY girl!!
Diane

1970 CST Blazer-Orig. Dark Blue-SOLD

Progress Pics of Blazer for sale
1970blazin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 08:54 AM   #8
Slams_58
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1970blazin
Mtdave2
Hey what about me? - I am a good girl- there are some out there, but you have to wade thru the *****es to get to us....Also most of the b!tches have the big breasts you boys are always staring at! J.K.
I was thinking the same thing Diane!! We're not all bad! I am 29 and going on 9 yrs of marriage and 2 kids and still very happy in my marriage. I know what TIm's truck means to him ( well not counting the leaking intake and the muddy oil right now ) and would never take it away from him. But then again...I don't forsee myself ever getting divorced from him either.... I'm getting to old to train a new one! I figure a true match to a good marriage is equal respect... you give what you expect back.

Last edited by Slams_58; 06-15-2004 at 09:01 AM.
Slams_58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 11:36 PM   #9
cableguy0

im with you dave i think i was about 16 when my dad said if i ever am stupid enough to get engaged he was gonna break my legs so i couldnt walk down the aisle seriously kidding of course but i got the point and im 20 now marriage aint happening anytime soon if ever i see too many people get screwed over completely and lose everything because some woman goes out of her mind
Owner of North Point Car Care in Dundalk Md. We specialize in custom exhaust on both modern and classic vehicles. We are a full service auto shop from classics to modern vehicles. Feel free to contact me with questions. I will give a 10% discount to any board member.
cableguy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 12:22 AM   #10
jcueckert13

i am 19 and after all the fighting my parents did when i was little i have become very selective as to the women i associate my self with. if i get married it will be to a woman that i know i can get along with till the day i die. well i have probably set my sights to high and will end up as a 70 year old single bald guy...... oh well at least i will have the money to buy more turcks with
1970 C10 longbed stepside (in pieces)
1976 Dodge Dart
1963 Dodge Dart

jcueckert13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 12:46 AM   #11
kwmech

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcueckert13
i am 19 and after all the fighting my parents did when i was little i have become very selective as to the women i associate my self with. if i get married it will be to a woman that i know i can get along with till the day i die. well i have probably set my sights to high and will end up as a 70 year old single bald guy...... oh well at least i will have the money to buy more turcks with
Amen to that --I'm 46 waited till I was 32 to get married still f***up, divorced after 3 years eveyone is right, women are twisted. BTW what is a turck?
kwmech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 01:50 AM   #12
Castiron9
72 LONGHORN OWNER

GET A ROPE..........

70-C/30 DUALLY
Castiron9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 07:18 AM   #13
jcueckert13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwmech
Amen to that --I'm 46 waited till I was 32 to get married still f***up, divorced after 3 years eveyone is right, women are twisted. BTW what is a turck?
dislexia strikes again
1970 C10 longbed stepside (in pieces)
1976 Dodge Dart
1963 Dodge Dart

jcueckert13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 03:18 AM   #14
jlive68

ex

We have plenty of places to hide the body down here in Pensacola.
Old 06-15-2004, 04:01 AM   #15
GMCjunkie
Dude...I'm a CHICK

Thank you Dave.. I appreciate that .... On the OTHER hand. My Xhusband chose drugs, alcohol and his X inmate friend over myself and his _oh, excuse me_ MY children. I guess Id be considered the best X wife a guy could have, seeing that when he went to prison, and I left, I only took my children and basically the clothes that we owned. See thats about all we had, as he had sold just about everything else off to support his drug habit. My children were ages 4, 6, and 8. I could hold my past situation against every man that breathes, pass them all off as worthless pieces of sh*t, but, I know better. First off, I could not ask for a better man than the one Im married to right now, Second, just from this board alone, I KNOW there are some AWSOME guys out there. Firedog, Im sorry for the current situation that you have found yourself in, Dont let the B*tch drive your truck, tell her to call a cab. But dont let HER ruin your judgement of all women, Happiness will come to you some day, just dont be too bitter to see it when it does. Good Luck.
junk
Attached Images

'71 GMC Suburban 4x4
GMCjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 05:17 AM   #16
Stepsides 4Ever
Stepsides Are Bedder

Been married for 35+ years to the same woman. You better believe we fight, tooth and nail. It's normal...we are two different people, not to mention two different sexes with two different outlooks. You have to learn to fight fair...no disrespect, no name-calling, no bringing up the past, no hands-on kind of stuff...basically, nothing that you will be ashamed of when you look into the mirror in the morning, because, God willing, there will be another morning. Some day, there won't, for all of us. And, most important, no holding grudges...when the sun rises on a new day, it is meant to be a new beginning, and the slate is wiped clean. Be slow to anger, quick to forgive. Don't be carrying on this crap for days and weeks...it ain't worth it. She fights for what she believes in, every bit as much as I do. There is no one on this Earth that I would rather fight with, and I hope the Lord gives me another 35 years with her to continue to work out our differences. I'm sure there are couples out there that never have had even one disagreement, but this is what they call fireworks...passion...I married a woman with spunk. I don't know about you, but I want a woman that will stand up for what she thinks is right, even if it is me that she is standing against. Sometimes I think she may have even more cajones than I do, but sometimes that is what it takes in this modern world to be a woman. I guess we could all go to places like Iraq or Afghanistan, where woman are treated as second-class citizens, but what is the fun in that?

She was probably just yanking your chain, but you know what? Let her have the truck. Get yourself a nicer one. Get shed of her, whatever it takes. Better to find out now that it isn't right than 10 or 20 years from now.
Stepsides 4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 05:18 AM   #17
Stepsides 4Ever
Stepsides Are Bedder

Dam*, did I just say all that? SORRY for getting on the soapbox!
Stepsides 4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 07:36 PM   #18
RON WOODGEARD
Resident Young Old Dude !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepsides 4Ever
Dam*, did I just say all that? SORRY for getting on the soapbox!
I'm with you Stepside,,, I'll be married 35 years next month.. Heck, there's no one else who would have me, and it took me this long to get this female trained so why in the H*ll would I want to start over... Did some one say BIG BREAST ??????!!! Ah H*ll, if I wanted hers any bigger, I'd buy them !!!
RON WOODGEARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 07:25 AM   #19
68C15
blood type; Retumbo

you have started a very tough subject here. I hate the fact that things like this can & will happen. I'm with Stepsides for the most part, but some ppl just cant be dealt with it seems. my suggestion is to let her decide what kind of game she wants to play. rough or smooth. either way, watch your back & cover your a$$. if she wants to play rough, then you play smart. get the idea? just make sure you know the rules before doing anything. please dont do anything to pizz her off, it will only make it harder on you later.
JMO Todd
Man rule #77...if you own a 67 stepside with a caddy 472 you will never be in danger of loosing you man card
68C15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 07:32 AM   #20
68C15
blood type; Retumbo

you know what? I agree with stepsides 100% at first I didnt like the "give her the truck" part. but I thought about it. what is the cost of happiness? you were born without the truck so you will get another one. probably even better.
Todd
Man rule #77...if you own a 67 stepside with a caddy 472 you will never be in danger of loosing you man card
68C15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 08:36 AM   #21
cdowns

I LIKE THIS THREAD!!!!!
let's see we've got a pickup and a couple of heartless women and with jodie a dope smokin excon and barefoot kids in georgia all we need now is a shotgun and a dog and it's a guarantee #1 country song!!!!
71c-10 350/2004r/4:11 lowered3/4 longbed/dead by hurricane

MEANING OF DEATH::::: SOMEBODY ELSE GETS YOUR STUFF

DONT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU THINK

TAKE MY ADVISE;I DON'T USE IT ANYWAY
cdowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 09:17 AM   #22
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdowns
I LIKE THIS THREAD!!!!!
let's see we've got a pickup and a couple of heartless women and with jodie a dope smokin excon and barefoot kids in georgia all we need now is a shotgun and a dog and it's a guarantee #1 country song!!!!
hey I got a shotgun, couple dogs , live in a trailer and have been fd over by my x now the day is complete!

Firedog, take the truck, HIDE it or SELL it to a trusted friend... been there done that being fd over losing all sucks butt ..
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 10:22 AM   #23
70ChevyLongbed
Howzit?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdowns
I LIKE THIS THREAD!!!!!
You forgot the beer or the whiskey or the bar!

70 Longbed, 307, Edelbrock Carb 1404, Edelbrock Intake 2101, Dual Roller Timing chain and gears, 214/214 cam, Comp Roller Rockers, dual Flowmasters.
1999 Chevy Tahoe
2004 Mini Cooper S
71 BMW 2002 - Sold
70ChevyLongbed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 10:42 AM   #24
sactoC10
71 DELUX

Talking other (better) fish in the sea

OK, gotta add my 2 cents here...

After battling with spouse number one through several years of marriage and then back and forth for a few years through the misery of divorce, I finally realized that NO ONE deserves so much agony! I tried with every ounce of energy that I had to keep things together, but it was not to happen. But the best thing ever came out of it...this picture!

This is my A** KICKING sweetheart, friend and bride, with my duaghter and son on each side of her at Infineon Raceway (aka Sears Point) in Northern Cal. My "newest" daughter can also be seen...well the back of her head anyway, to the left. So what's the point?

Well, for a while I didn't think it possible, but life does go on and can get BETTER than it was before. I let my ex "win some battles" about this, that and the other (and I still do)...but I am still determined to win the war. I gave up some "stuff" and sucked up my pride when necessary for the sake of the bigger picture and the future...my future!

If you have to give something up to keep your truck and sanity, do so and let this season of life pass... it does get better!!!
Attached Images

sactoC10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 10:44 AM   #25
70GMuttC

I use to love her but I had to kill her - Axl Rose
70GMuttC is offline   Reply With Quote