The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-15-2004, 10:12 AM   #26
TsgtE662
2A674 Tank Rat

I wouldn't trust her with the truck anymore. And since your getting a divorce I personally wouldn't feel obligated to help her with anything.
I would also "sell" the truck to a very trusted friend or relative who doesn't know or associate with her at all. That may be hard since alot of people won't want to get put in the middle of it all. If she needs a truck, let'er go rent one. She dern sure wouldn't use mine.

Originally Posted by 1970blazin
Mtdave2
Hey what about me? - I am a good girl- there are some out there, but you have to wade thru the *****es to get to us....Also most of the b!tches have the big breasts you boys are always staring at! J.K.

My Ex doesn't have ANY breasts and still has more attitude than a hungry PO'd Rot.
In fact I still swear she has her Master ***** License, must be a 50th degree belt by now. Can't trust her any more than I can part the Red Sea. Which probably explains why I have custody finally of my kids, after over $22,000 to rescue them.

My wife now has bought me more stuff for my '92 than I have I think. And has the best heart of anyone I have ever known. ( And I have known my current wife since she was 8.) Since I stopped telling her that she needs to stop doing certain stuff "causing our problems" and started saying WE need to stop doing this or that, thereby putting the blame on both of us instead of one of us, we haven't hardly had any real fights or arguements. Been alot calmer anyway.
My wife wouldn't want either of my trucks. Hers is a '01 Venture and alot nicer than mine.

'92 GMC Sierra, Sportside, 2wd, 350, Black
'92 Chevy Silverado Extended Cab 4 x 4, Blue
USAFR = 2A674 = Aircraft Fuel Systems Maintenance
i.e. Tank Rat
TsgtE662 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 10:22 AM   #27
70ChevyLongbed
Howzit?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdowns
I LIKE THIS THREAD!!!!!
let's see we've got a pickup and a couple of heartless women and with jodie a dope smokin excon and barefoot kids in georgia all we need now is a shotgun and a dog and it's a guarantee #1 country song!!!!
You forgot the beer or the whiskey or the bar!

70 Longbed, 307, Edelbrock Carb 1404, Edelbrock Intake 2101, Dual Roller Timing chain and gears, 214/214 cam, Comp Roller Rockers, dual Flowmasters.
1999 Chevy Tahoe
2004 Mini Cooper S
71 BMW 2002 - Sold
70ChevyLongbed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 10:42 AM   #28
sactoC10
71 DELUX

Talking other (better) fish in the sea

OK, gotta add my 2 cents here...

After battling with spouse number one through several years of marriage and then back and forth for a few years through the misery of divorce, I finally realized that NO ONE deserves so much agony! I tried with every ounce of energy that I had to keep things together, but it was not to happen. But the best thing ever came out of it...this picture!

This is my A** KICKING sweetheart, friend and bride, with my duaghter and son on each side of her at Infineon Raceway (aka Sears Point) in Northern Cal. My "newest" daughter can also be seen...well the back of her head anyway, to the left. So what's the point?

Well, for a while I didn't think it possible, but life does go on and can get BETTER than it was before. I let my ex "win some battles" about this, that and the other (and I still do)...but I am still determined to win the war. I gave up some "stuff" and sucked up my pride when necessary for the sake of the bigger picture and the future...my future!

If you have to give something up to keep your truck and sanity, do so and let this season of life pass... it does get better!!!
Attached Images

sactoC10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 10:44 AM   #29
70GMuttC

I use to love her but I had to kill her - Axl Rose
70GMuttC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 10:44 AM   #30
70ChevyLongbed
Howzit?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8scott51
The person you decide to marry has to be your friend first, because you're going to go through some real crap together - especially the first couple years.

This is exactly what I was going to say. I find it's true most of the time.

Sorry about the divorce. Don't let her near that truck anymore, and good luck to ya!

70 Longbed, 307, Edelbrock Carb 1404, Edelbrock Intake 2101, Dual Roller Timing chain and gears, 214/214 cam, Comp Roller Rockers, dual Flowmasters.
1999 Chevy Tahoe
2004 Mini Cooper S
71 BMW 2002 - Sold
70ChevyLongbed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 11:31 AM   #31
jcueckert13

transfer the trucks title over to a trusted friend until the divorce is over. i would recamend a price of around $1.00 just so you dont get screwed transfering the title back and forth
1970 C10 longbed stepside (in pieces)
1976 Dodge Dart
1963 Dodge Dart

jcueckert13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 11:44 AM   #32
moneyguru

As far as dicorce goes, I hav been down that road and am a member of the previously married club. But I am also recently remarried (September of last year) to a wonderful woman. Life can and will get better, I wish you well.

Before you go transfering assets in order to hide them (like the truck), be forewarend that they can track it. Should it look like you are trying to hide assets so that you don't have to split their value with her they can fine you heavily.

I have seen people try to pull this kind of trick in the past, they ended up with nothing. If the title is in your name she can't sell the truck, only go after it in the divorce. If she is bitter enough to go after the truck, she won't stop if you "sold" it. She'll just go after the true value of the truck. I recommend trying what my ex and I did. Sit down and make a T chart on a piece of paper. Each of you take turns writing down things you want. Of course we chose to agree that anything each of us brought into the marriage we got to keep, adn any gifts or personal posessions each had we got to keep. Then we just split everything that wa acquired during the marriage down the middle and split the debt evenly.

Hope this helps
Good luck
Chris n Jenn

moneyguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 11:53 AM   #33
busterwivell

I was married the first time for 14 years, till she decided my friend was more to her liking. The divorce was bitter, lengthy and expensive. When it was almost over she called and said she wanted my 76 Monte Carlo and I could have her 77 LTD II Wagon. She didn't tell me the trans was out. I wouldn't do it, told her it didn't fit my new lifestyle.

I've been married now for almost 20 years (GOD, I'm OLD!), they have been the best years of my life. We share a lot of the same things, still do things for each other, we even own our own business together. She even buys me tools! I wouldn't trade her for anyone. I'm extremely glad I found her, or I could have just dwelled on the negative and still be single and alone. There are good ones out there, you just got to find them.

I guess I owe my ex a lot, she taught me everything I didn't want in a wife.
66 Chevrolet Malibu 2 dr 4 speed
71 Chevrolet C30 Longhorn
86 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS (Sold)
01 Chevrolet Tahoe
IM - BUSTERWIVE@aol.com
busterwivell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 12:02 PM   #34
gr8scott51

If you can't do anything else, you can be a good example of a bad example.
Old 06-15-2004, 02:11 PM   #35
GMCjunkie
Dude...I'm a CHICK

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdowns
I LIKE THIS THREAD!!!!!
let's see we've got a pickup and a couple of heartless women and with jodie a dope smokin excon and barefoot kids in georgia all we need now is a shotgun and a dog and it's a guarantee #1 country song!!!!

Never said my kids were "barefoot"...

This might be more appropriately placed in GD.

'71 GMC Suburban 4x4
GMCjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 04:15 PM   #36
Fred T
Cantankerous Geezer

Don't try to sell the truck, the judge will hang you out to dry. I would find a place to store it, which is legal, and if she can't show it she probably can't sell it. Have another friend hide the title, makes things harder for her.

However, if the court says you must produce the truck and the title, by all means do so. But there's not much they can do if you wreck the truck on the way there.

There is no such thing as too much cam...just not enough engine.
Fred T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 04:52 PM   #37
dtlilly
Account Suspended

A lot of good advice here. I chose to say to sell the truck for $3000, because it is a believable amount. I tried the selling it to a friend for $1.00 trick, and lost my 76 Harley to my first wife. The judge simply awarded it to her when I told him it was sold to pay off a debt incurred during the marriage. He told me it was my job to get it back and delivered to her unharmed in 30 days, or I was going to jail for contempt and hiding assets. She thinks it's worth $4000, but without a bonified written offer, it's your word against hers. Like I said $2500-$3000 is a believable amount.

I don't think this would be considered a perfect country and western song. We didn't mention anything about mama, rain, trains, or gettin drunk...

Last edited by dtlilly; 06-16-2004 at 12:20 AM. Reason: spelling idioism
dtlilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 04:58 PM   #38
LUV2XCLR8
The LuvShack Garage

Arrow

My Budy Sold His Stuff To A Friend To Keep It Out Of The Divorce,
But He Did It For Only A $1.00, And The Judge Let It Stand Because
The Friend Had The Vette Retitled And Registered In His Own Name
6 months before the divorce was finallized and then sold it to one of
his friends to hide it even deeper. It worked for them, it is possible.
Big Piggy: "Goliath" 07 Kodiak C4500
Lil Piggy:"Maddy" 88 Silverado 3500
Hauler: "Feathers" 14 Aluma 8218T

Last edited by LUV2XCLR8; 06-15-2004 at 05:01 PM.
LUV2XCLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 05:57 PM   #39
silvertonguedevil

If you love your truck, do whatever it takes to keep it (within the laws and reason,of course). A friend of mine had a '68 shortbox stepside and a '68 Camaro RS. Both very nice. Divorce time came and she was gonna go after them. He mocked up this "I sold the Camaro to my dad and I sold the pickup to a friend" and sure as sh!t, it worked!! When all of the dust settled, he was able to pull 'em out and drive 'em down the road again with a 10-mile wide smile!
As far as where this topic has headed. I'm divorced and remarried. First wife was the anti-christ Not kidding. Second wife is totally awesome but we have our differences just like anyone else. It's hard work to maintain a great relationship. My wife is spunky too. If I tell her something she doesn't like, she'll tell me. But, above all, she is a great person. I guess I'm just saying that there was definately a time where I thought all women were the devil...but there are some good ones out there.

My Chevy trucks, past and present:

1962 C10 SB Fleetside
1964 C10 LB Fleetside BBW
1966 C10 SB Fleetside
1966 C10 SB Fleetside BBW
1968 C10 SB Fleetside
1971 C10 LB Fleetside
1971 C10 SB Fleetside
1972 C10 SB Fleetside Cheyenne
1972 C10 SB Fleetside Cheyenne Super
1972 C10 LB Fleetside Cheyenne Super
1974 C20 Cheyenne
1979 K5 Blazer Cheyenne
1982 K10 SB Fleetside Custom Deluxe
1982 K10 SB Fleetside Scottsdale
1986 C10 SB Fleetside Silverado
2008 Silverado 1500 4x4
silvertonguedevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 06:08 PM   #40
silvertonguedevil

Oh yeah, just one more thing....just like luv2xclr8 said...my friend had to make sure that the friend and the dad both put the vehicles in their name...title, registration, everything. It has to look legit to make it work.

My Chevy trucks, past and present:

1962 C10 SB Fleetside
1964 C10 LB Fleetside BBW
1966 C10 SB Fleetside
1966 C10 SB Fleetside BBW
1968 C10 SB Fleetside
1971 C10 LB Fleetside
1971 C10 SB Fleetside
1972 C10 SB Fleetside Cheyenne
1972 C10 SB Fleetside Cheyenne Super
1972 C10 LB Fleetside Cheyenne Super
1974 C20 Cheyenne
1979 K5 Blazer Cheyenne
1982 K10 SB Fleetside Custom Deluxe
1982 K10 SB Fleetside Scottsdale
1986 C10 SB Fleetside Silverado
2008 Silverado 1500 4x4
silvertonguedevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 06:56 PM   #41
Martin64

Quote:
Sell the truck to a trusted friend for like $3000 (on paper).
Heck with that. Sell it to a friend for $1.00 (on paper) and give her $0.50!

1964(-ish) C10
Martin64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 07:10 PM   #42
Bowtie67

There are certainly some B1tches out there and cretainly there are some really nice women as well, of coarse none a sweet as ladies of this board. I married way to early in my teens and that lasted 2 years, one of us would have killed the other. It was a mutal split up without a lot of bickering between us, she said she was gonna find a ride home to her mothers and I said fine, she left and came back 3 hours later and said she couldn't find a ride and I told her I would give her one and that was the end of the marriage. No I didn't kill her... Stayed single 15 years remarried to my current wife for fifteen years this August,(even at 35 I felt I was still way to young . It takes two and it always take two in forgiving. We have our ups and downs, nothings perfect. We all have to make sacrifices.

2009 Toyota Tundra
1996 Harley RoadKing

"I maybe getting old, but I can still burn rubber with the best of them"
Bowtie67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 07:16 PM   #43
Zonaman

Sell a man's truck! Why, I believe that's considered treason under the Arizona Constitution! Hangin's too good! Send her out here- we got us a special vehicle registration for folks like that! You have to pass emissions in Maricopa County every month for life! Now that's frontier justice!
Old 06-15-2004, 07:36 PM   #44
RON WOODGEARD
Resident Young Old Dude !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepsides 4Ever
Dam*, did I just say all that? SORRY for getting on the soapbox!
I'm with you Stepside,,, I'll be married 35 years next month.. Heck, there's no one else who would have me, and it took me this long to get this female trained so why in the H*ll would I want to start over... Did some one say BIG BREAST ??????!!! Ah H*ll, if I wanted hers any bigger, I'd buy them !!!
RON WOODGEARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 09:08 PM   #45
ChevLoRay
Old Skool Club

Friend of mine has a '32 Ford Cabriolet (convertible to those who don't know) that he had to sell to settle his divorce. Since the auctioneer was coming to his house to auction it all off, he cut the cabriolet into manageable parts. Nobody wanted to buy it, so he got to keep it. He left it in his "storage" building for 22 years, before digging it out on New Year's Day, 2002. He has now put it back together. When he cut it apart, he cut the body in the door opening. He may have been desperate, but he was not stupid! He has a new "main squeeze" but they are just POSSLQ's.

I worked for a guy one time who caught his (future) ex-wife in bed with his best friend. He sold his car to a buddy for $1. The judge hearing his case decided that it was too cheap, went to the NADA book and ordered him to pay her half of the NADA "clean" book price. His buddy still had the car, since it was no longer in his name. Talk about a sucky situation.....

'96 GMC Sportside; 4.3/SLT - Daily driven....constantly needs washed.

'69 C-10 SWB; 350/TH400 - in limbo

The older I get, the better I was.
ChevLoRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 09:16 PM   #46
highboy_04

this my friend is why they call them EX wives.
Old 06-17-2004, 01:51 AM   #47
firedog

well to put everyone at ease my truck made it home safely although when i went to pick it up from her she left the keys in it overnight!

wow i think i struck a nerve here but to put everyone at ease the divorce is final it was final Friday just waiting on the papers in the mail. and i did get to keep my truck and the house and the other car i get the kids everyother week so no child support and no alimony so as far as the horor stories everyone else has told i made it out just fine.

so any single chevy ladies out there want to go out for a date? I was thinking a car cruise and drive in movie?

hey josh how about 67-72 chevy dating service?? :p
Tach/tilt/buddy buckets
Bagged/18" Wheels
Black on Black

Project "Pandemic" the Farm Rat
1927 Chevy Capitol Truck Rat rod
'30 Model A Frame
Dual Carb 5.3 LS
http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...d.php?t=804162

2007 GMC 4 DOOR 2WD
BUILT 5.3 STAGE 3 CAM 93 TUNE
LIFTED 22X12 WHEELS 33" TIRES

2023 Jeep RENEGADE
Wifes ride
firedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 03:06 AM   #48
Stepsides 4Ever
Stepsides Are Bedder

You'd better stick with cars and trucks for awhile...MUCH easier to relate. Women are 'way too complicated...it's a scientific fact that women have about 5% more water by body weight than men do. That makes them susceptible to the tidal influences caused by the gravitational effects of the lunar cycle. Like I said, it gets complicated...our trucks are much simpler and easier to understand, and reliable, too...

Get yourself a membership in the He-Man Wimmen-Haters Club...or maybe the Bundy's NO MA'AM Organization...like Popeye used to say, "Wimmings is nuttin' but trouble."

That is, unless you're one of those guys that think that women are the sort of problem that men like to wrestle with...
Stepsides 4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 09:50 AM   #49
Nima
Blue 67

Sorry for the trouble you are going through. Being married twice and divorced once ,specially with the second marriage in trouble after four years again, I know how you feel. I hate to say give her the truck and I don't think you should, but I wanted you know when I got divorce I gave everything I had to her just to leave me alone!. I just took my cloths. I even gave her my school saving but instead I felt free which was priceless. Just stay calm and try to be her friend even if she doesn't undrestand it. You will be happier that way.
By the way, I am a Middle eastern man. It amazes me how some people here don't know anything about Women over there. They have the same rights over there as here. For example my first wife. as I said took everythng after divorce. She never worked one day of her life for the 3 years when we were married, I traveled 750 mile a week in busto make money, I paid for her School and etc.
Take care and stay calm.
Nima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 10:25 AM   #50
spencra
This, is my BOOMSTICK!

There are bad women out there as well as bad men (believe me, I know. I have two sisters that have had their share of jacka$$es that I wanted to strangle). Keep your eyes open and your mind clear. Oh, and take your good ole time. Rushing into relationships almost never works.

As far as the divorce goes, you'll probably just end up having to cut your losses, move on and forget about it. It takes time but you'll look back at it one day and laugh.

Got rid of my projects for now.
1980 Jeep CJ7
1998 Nissan Sentra (my car)
2001 Toyota Sienna (wife's, of course)
spencra is offline   Reply With Quote