The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 60-66 Suburbans

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-12-2023, 10:06 AM   #1
KIC
1960 GMC Burb

Door Paint jams and Paint wrap

Hi All;

I am ready to paint the 60 GMC Burb. It will painted the original colors that it had when my dad bought it new in 1960. It was two-tone white over a dark green . what I need to know, and if anyone has pictures it would be great, is the paint wrap in the door jams front an bar doors. Also how far in does the side paint wrap into the door jams ?

I am hoping someone has pictures, or can take pictures of an original paint job showing the paint lines in the jams and around doors.

Unfortunately it was all sanded and primed and I cannot find any pictures with the doors open prior to the work ....
Attached Images

60 Burb Build thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=1960+Suburban

60 to 66 Burbs only Thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ighlight=burbs
2003 Tahoe LT
KIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2023, 01:00 PM   #2
jweb

Re: Door Paint jams and Paint wrap

I haven't been able to find much info on this either. I plan to paint the jamb all the way to the seal. Not sure on the door yet, here are a couple photos I found.
Attached Images

1953 Westerner "canned ham" trailer, rebuilt
1974 Prowler trailer, rebuilt
jweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2023, 12:22 AM   #3
spacedebris

Re: Door Paint jams and Paint wrap

Here are a couple of pics from my 60 panel. I really wasnt taking pics of the paint but rather the damage, but it does show the original paint. Exterior color goes to the pinch weld under the weather seal. I know its hard to tell, my panel is 2 tone and the exterior silver color is very close to the blue/silver interior color. The inside door (top and bottom) are the exterior color EXCEPT for the area under the door panels which is the actual interior color

so basically everything outside the door seal (including the doors and jams) are exterior color with the small exception of the area covered by the door panels, and everything inside door seal is interior color including the metal door panels.

I hope this makes sense.
Attached Images

1960 c30 Apache Panel w/ '95 cummins bt6 turbo diesel (work in progress) NOTE: due to photobucket trying to extort money my photos are temporarily unavailable. currently looking for alternative to fix issue.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=523009
spacedebris is offline   Reply With Quote