The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-31-2020, 07:43 PM   #1
parb

Car cover - I made a mistake...

Hi all,

This year has been a mess with covid and all. I hope you all are well.
I bought a car cover from California car covers and put away my Jimmy in storage for the last year. I have since moved and have a great 3 car garage which the Jimmy is going into. When I'm parked in the garage I want to put in a breathable dust cover.

Here is my mistake, I got one of the covers with flannel lining. Its great until it goes onto the fiber glass.. in fiber glass its like Velcro, almost impossible to slide over.
What do you guys use, just a vinyl cover? Does it slide over the fiber glass easily?

Thanks for advice!

Pic after today's ride for your enjoyment!
Attached Images

parb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 09:14 PM   #2
truckster

Re: Car cover - I made a mistake...

I'm also curious, as I'd like a cover for my Blazer.
Old 07-31-2020, 09:25 PM   #3
DeadheadNM
Carpe manana

Hi Par - How’s the Jimmy driving?

FWIW - I’ve got one of the LMC fabric covers and have no issues with it adhering to the textured top. There are clear thin mil light weight plastic covers too - sort of like a shower cap.

Members met: ORANGBLAZ, 2003 silverado, MikeCofield, BB72CHEVKT, Duncan&Son, Sameyrasmea72, THENEWMEXICAN, HotRod C/10, brianthelion02, Sport/Truck, ryanroo, michael bustamante, Dirt's72, Already Gone, WestButteTruck, 57taskforce, Moreyel, painterljp, AASmedic, SoCoC10, Lumaestas, carbuff382, Chevyland
DeadheadNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 09:42 PM   #4
parb

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadheadNM View Post
Hi Par - How’s the Jimmy driving?

FWIW - I’ve got one of the LMC fabric covers and have no issues with it adhering to the textured top. There are clear thin mil light weight plastic covers too - sort of like a shower cap.
Loved the ride today, the truck rides great! I have a minor ac leak at the evap chamber/filter that I need to fix. Have all the parts so just a bit of labor.

Is the lmc cover textured vinyl or smooth plastic?
Old 08-01-2020, 06:36 PM   #5
harrij4

My blessed blue baby lives outside. So, after having one of LMC's most expensive covers fail (lost all water resistance and several seams blew out) in about 18mo, I went all-in and bought a CoverKing AutobodyArmor custom fit cover. It was PAINFULLY expensive, but so are these trucks lately. I was able to get it for ~$500, and although I figured I was lighting cash on fire, I have to say....it's amazing. Incredibly soft, and super waterproof. Where the LMC stuff is basically spun polyester heat welded together, the CoverKing is real knit fabric with a TPU waterproofing layer and a soft fleece lining. Plus, with a 5yr warranty it's not that much more extravagant than buying an LMC cover every year or two.

If you're just using it for dust, the one I bought is overkill. But, if you're looking for the next best thing to a garage, I doubt there are any better than the CoverKing.
harrij4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 07:21 PM   #6
parb

No issues with the fleece sticking to the fiberglass? Is like Velcro for me. I have a cover craft cover. I'm tempted at getting some vinyl fabric and attach to the inside of the cover craft cover where it sits on my roof.
Old 08-01-2020, 08:39 PM   #7
DeadheadNM
Carpe manana

My cover isn’t immediately available to me but I’ll post photos ASAP. The cover is fabric and the undersurface has a felt-like texture.

Glad it’s running well for you. I bet it gets a lot of attention on the road.

Members met: ORANGBLAZ, 2003 silverado, MikeCofield, BB72CHEVKT, Duncan&Son, Sameyrasmea72, THENEWMEXICAN, HotRod C/10, brianthelion02, Sport/Truck, ryanroo, michael bustamante, Dirt's72, Already Gone, WestButteTruck, 57taskforce, Moreyel, painterljp, AASmedic, SoCoC10, Lumaestas, carbuff382, Chevyland
DeadheadNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 10:33 PM   #8
parb

The best review so far is that the wife's best friends came over today. They saw the truck and told the wife how nice the truck is and how much they like the color. Wife is now convinced it was good idea on my part... 👍

Last edited by parb; 08-02-2020 at 02:16 AM.
Old 08-02-2020, 07:46 PM   #9
SeventyOne

Parb - strange you have an issue with your CA Car Cover. I have their "Noah" model and it's been fantastic!
SeventyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 08:05 PM   #10
parb

I have the Noah cover for another car I own. I'll try to see if that slides better over my fiber glass top than the flannel lining.
Old 08-05-2020, 04:26 PM   #11
cleszkie

Remove your cover by folding up the sides and then rolling it up from either end. Deploy the cover by reversing these steps. This should prevent any dragging of the cover over your truck.
cleszkie is offline   Reply With Quote