The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-01-2020, 06:15 PM   #1
chev-obsession

Needing some info on bucket seats

So I’m scouring the junk yard trying to find a set of low back bucket seats from a blazer for my 69 c10 (because I know for sure the 73-77 buckets will work and I’m too cheap to pay the price tag of the 69-72 seats) but good luck trying to find the low backs in a junk yard right?

Are the high back seat frames the same as the 73-77 low back frames with the exception of the round bar welded toward the top of the frame? I found an 83 blazer that has factory buckets and want to know if I can cut the round bar off and use them in the 69.... also what years were the high backs made like this? Mid 77 to when???
Posted via Mobile Device
Attached Images

chev-obsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 08:12 PM   #2
blazer2007

Re: Needing some info on bucket seats

I would check out the 69 blazer forum or what ever your looking for. I did see some posts or threads in the the last couple days of chopping high back buckets but wasn,t what I was looking for so never read them
blazer2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 11:16 PM   #3
chev-obsession

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazer2007 View Post
I would check out the 69 blazer forum or what ever your looking for. I did see some posts or threads in the the last couple days of chopping high back buckets but wasn,t what I was looking for so never read them
That thread is what got me thinking. Just figured I’d ask the “experts” over here on the high backs
Old 08-04-2020, 09:56 AM   #4
painterljp

Just get them and take backs off and cut em. Try to preserve foam so you dont have to buy new foam. Cause foam is expensive also. Am trying to put low back seats in my 75 pickup also. Have some high backs already may just cut them down and see what I come up with also. Worst case scenario I ruin seats. Or have to make a plate underside to match up bolt pattern with frame where seats bolt to. Since you have the frames bare can you see if mounting holes on underside match up. I have some low back seats from a 73 that are down to frames but foam now is 200 per seat. Let me know what you figure out. Was going to buy some low backs off of facebook but by the time they got here would be 900$. And I cant see that for just my daily driver. Also needing mounts. Am looking into Corbeau seats for frame. There low backs start around 500 a set with new foam and choice of colors. Need to do more research though.
painterljp is offline   Reply With Quote