The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The pre 1947 Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-17-2016, 06:03 PM   #1
paintman

Re: Kell's Two Cents - 1946 build

Be smart and always let the Paintman do all the drinking and thinking for you! My radiator support fix looks like his throwaway rough draft but it's done, thanks brotha!

I will take no responsibility for any problems that may occur because you copied from someone who doesn't have clue what he is doing.
You also have a PM in regards to your questions. paint man
paintman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 03:42 AM   #2
gokellurself

what's going on fellas

It's been a few months so I wanted to get a few updates up. I got a few big items checked off so I'm really trying to make a push as we're back into spring and summer now.

I don't have it pictured but I have the cooling system all finalized, fan mounted. I had a local hydraulic shop make some power steering lines for me. I used some washers to get the power steering pump to line up just right on the serpentine. One major item I need to face soon is finalizing the steering linkage

I've got the windows in, all except the windshield. They fit well but are little stiff cranking up and down. I need to grease the channel where the crank slides, but beyond that I'm not sure what else I could do to help it. I still haven't bit the bullet and purchased the new windshield frame, but I don't think the two old ones that I have are going to be worth the work to make either of them work. If anybody is interested in them let me know, or they'll end up on Craigslist or something

Last edited by gokellurself; 08-19-2017 at 10:18 AM.
gokellurself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 04:06 AM   #3
gokellurself

So now what I'm really fired up about is getting my dash back and wheels and tires on. I'll have some better photos of the dash for sure but man it looks clean in there... I thought about doing the wheels some sort of bright color but really couldn't decide on it, so I figured I better go the safe route and just had them powder coated black and had Coker white walls put on.

I had to see how everything was going to look so I mocked up the bed and fenders. Very happy with it! The stance is right at about what I was shooting for. I'm in the middle of doing wood bed right now then I'll have the bed and rear fenders on and done with.

So that's about it for now... major items I need to tackle are steering linkage, wiring and massaging the front clip back together along with many, many small tasks. Thanks guys, til next time

Last edited by gokellurself; 08-20-2017 at 02:17 PM.
gokellurself is offline   Reply With Quote