The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-18-2019, 01:02 PM   #26
Dhaak64

Re: Wheels NOT Centered after drop

I think scoti’s on to something about adjusting the panels on the bed. To me, it looks like that the front portion of the rear fender is tilted upwards, and this would bring the back corner closer to the rear tire. Look at the lines on the door or the bed rails, the crease on the rear fender doesn’t seem to match... Not sure how that could happen, but just something I noticed... Is it the same on both sides?
Attached Images

Last edited by Dhaak64; 01-18-2019 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Add
Dhaak64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 11:16 PM   #27
angelobackwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhaak64 View Post
I think scoti’s on to something about adjusting the panels on the bed. To me, it looks like that the front portion of the rear fender is tilted upwards, and this would bring the back corner closer to the rear tire. Look at the lines on the door or the bed rails, the crease on the rear fender doesn’t seem to match... Not sure how that could happen, but just something I noticed... Is it the same on both sides?
That pic is pre-drop so it has the take from sitting stock. This is my first one of these trucks. It doesn’t have any bed bushings it’s currenly just bolted to the frame. Not sure if they bushings, just how it sits now. Good thing it’s a driving project.
angelobackwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 11:18 PM   #28
angelobackwards

Last thing I can think of as a possibility is if maybe trailing arms were swapped with arms from a long bed (if they’re longer? Just an idea that came to me? Either way we’ll figure some way to make it work.
angelobackwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 02:17 AM   #29
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

The trailing arms are all the same length, longbed, shortbed, C10, C20, 1960-72.
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote