The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Paint & Bodywork > Detailing

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-17-2019, 09:41 AM   #1
Greaserthoughts9

Buffing my buddies Patinad c10 I think He should clear coat it what do you think?

Buffing my buddies Patinad c10 I think He should clear coat it what do you think? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lftDAczLdKk&t=0s
Greaserthoughts9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 05:07 AM   #2
crossfire84

Re: Buffing my buddies Patinad c10 I think He should clear coat it what do you think?

I think this fad should go away. Just like dropping these trucks on the ground, every one is doing these mods.
C4 rear
Porter built a arms
Never give the Devil a ride,because he'll want to Drive!
crossfire84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 10:47 AM   #3
GSP7

Re: Buffing my buddies Patinad c10 I think He should clear coat it what do you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossfire84 View Post
I think this fad should go away. Just like dropping these trucks on the ground, every one is doing these mods.
I agree..... hate to see these ruined with air bags.

Pinstriping-Lettering-Specialty Painting
GSP7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 11:39 AM   #4
flashed

To each their own , there are plenty of trucks out there for each of us to enjoy our own way . I love to learn about these trucks no matter how the owner chooses to build them . I love the creative workmanship whether its completely stock , completely Wild or somewhere in between .
flashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 04:45 PM   #5
richards72chevy

It's better than them rotting in a field some where.Not every c10 hobbyist is a restoration buff.Not that there is anything wrong with restoring them to stock condition.
richards72chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 11:20 PM   #6
70'

This fad of dropping these on the ground and or clear coating "patina" pronounced rust reminds me of the days when everyone was chopping tops. Fast forward to today and you can't give away a chopped top anything-nobody wants them.
70' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 09:12 PM   #7
Myself

The whole car hobby revolves around everybody being able to do their own thing. This is what makes it so great.

My opinion. If somebody with an older vehicle is keeping it mostly stock...AND it's still in good shape with most of it's original paint.....why not preserve that antique look by clearcoating it? Maybe add some flatener so it's not too glossy.
Myself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 01:29 AM   #8
mikelom

I would wax it to have some sort of protection.
mikelom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 11:24 AM   #9
richards72chevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myself View Post
The whole car hobby revolves around everybody being able to do their own thing. This is what makes it so great.

My opinion. If somebody with an older vehicle is keeping it mostly stock...AND it's still in good shape with most of it's original paint.....why not preserve that antique look by clearcoating it? Maybe add some flatener so it's not too glossy.
The mechanical part is more important than the appearance in my opinion.I would hate to put tons of time and money on paint and a distracted driver plows into it.I used to work at a paint and body shop and I sometimes wonder if half of the people who hate on patina know how much time and effort goes in to just decent paint and body.I also wonder if these people know how many of these "nice" cars with shiny paint have Bondo rust chicken wire fiberglass and other bull**** under that shiny paint.Trust me it happens I worked with a few bodymen who would say "I'm not a body man I'm a butcher."
richards72chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 01:13 PM   #10
Myself

Proper body repair would be to cut out and replace mangled or rotted sections. A real "nice" car doesn't have any BS under the shiny paint. A BS car does, and to anybody that has done a restoration or proper bodywork it's very noticeable. I spot them once in a while at the shows.
Myself is offline   Reply With Quote