The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-12-2018, 10:32 AM   #1
davepl

Stupid Rant of the Day

You know what's really starting to annoy me? Car places that advertise on the Internet because they want Internet customers. Then you find them on the Internet and contact them over the Internet and guess what?

- They send you back an email saying "Please phone"
- We don't take Paypal, or worse, "Send it friends and family"
- No credit cards, send a check

If you acquire your customers over the Internet you should serve those customers over that same Internet.

Now if you're just in the yellow pages and I go to the country Library and I find you and phone you up and start talking computer talk, you can be mad.

Sorry about that, had to get it out of my system!

Last edited by davepl; 05-12-2018 at 12:40 PM.
davepl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 11:45 AM   #2
truckster

Re: Stupid Rant of the Day

A lot of traditional type businesses are losing considerable business to the internet. They want to catch up but don't really know how. It can be very frustrating dealing with them.
Old 05-12-2018, 03:41 PM   #3
dmjlambert

The internet sellers that bug the heck out of me are the ones that charge $16 shipping for some tiny little special bolt, a decal, or other little doohickey that I'm buying from them for $10. Put it in a bubble envelope and put a stamp on it and charge me $2 or $3, sounds better to me.
dmjlambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 09:22 PM   #4
franken

I suppose getting a web site is step one and things will get better as people provide feedback on what's lacking.
I also hate the shipping scams.
franken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 11:52 PM   #5
jocko

What's driving me bananas (since we're on a rant) is the douchebag(s) that are posting like crazy on craigslist some really nice looking trucks for $900 and are all scams. I'd truly like to know just how many people they actually are successful with... Only takes one fish on the line to make it all worthwhile with em. Oh, and those pesky online craigslist posters that are actually car lots and they post the same car like about 100 times in a row so you have to dig to page "4" of the craigslist ads just to find the second truck on the list. Ugh.. Drives me nuts. Do they think it helps sell a vehicle more to list it that many times so it's plastered in front of your face? Ok, all done. I feel better. Good idea Dave! Now I'm gonna go in the closet and scream at the light bulb for a while.
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 12:50 AM   #6
SJLenz1340

Found all the parts I needed on Rock Auto for a trans swap, all little stuff. So $40 worth of parts with $30 in shipping. No thanks! I will visit my local auto parts store and have them order it for me.
Rant over.
Old 05-13-2018, 02:58 AM   #7
stsalvage
Scrapper 1

Them people hate me I called them up trying to pick a fight with some guy 2000 miles away
stsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 03:16 AM   #8
Bomp

I steer clear of the Internet, I only use the Interweb and the Facebooks
Bomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 06:32 AM   #9
special-K
Special Order

I think selling/advertising on the internet has become less of a choice and more of a necessity. A business can still choose to conduct business as they see fit. Let's not allow ourselves to be so spoiled. After all, it's all really convenient, right? "Oh the dread of having to punch up a phone number or, heaven forbid, write a check and put in an envelope. When did life get so complicated and tiresome?"

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 10:41 AM   #10
SJLenz1340

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
I think selling/advertising on the internet has become less of a choice and more of a necessity. A business can still choose to conduct business as they see fit. Let's not allow ourselves to be so spoiled. After all, it's all really convenient, right? "Oh the dread of having to punch up a phone number or, heaven forbid, write a check and put in an envelope. When did life get so complicated and tiresome?"
Internet sales are indeed changing the landscape of all markets. How often do you attempt to purchase an item at you local store (of any sort) only to find it is not available or in stock? Check Amazon and virtually all items you seek are not only available, but are Prime eligible for 2 day shipping! Amazon is aggressively entering the auto parts market, and it makes our local suppliers nervous. I know this for a fact as my local NAPA sales person stated such. So inasmuch as I try to frequent my local businesses, often I am forced to abandon them. But on a positive note, difficult items to locate can now be found by Mr. Google which opens up new business opportunities.

Rant over (again)