The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-27-2020, 11:02 PM   #1
lutronjim

Radiator blues

The first radiator in my 70 C10 lasted about 18 years before it leaked. I bought another new one - cheaper than fixing -and it lasted until my ls swap.

I purchased a LS swap radiator from a manufacturer near Atlanta. Figured support local and I could pickup and avoid shipping. It fit without changing anything. After the first few months I noticed I was losing coolant – took a quick look and didn't see any leaks. Was fighting a few more bugs so it went to back burner.

It got worse and I put in some dye and found it was leaking at the where core went into driver's tank. Called manufacture and he said that they had very few problems and offered to fix it but I was past 1 year warranty and would have to pay for repair. I agreed and took him the radiator.

After several weeks he email and said he could fix it. I had to but a new one. It took a looong to get. Installed a life was good for a while.

Fast forward 'bout 3 years and radiator is leaking coolant again. Hoses are tight and not leaking but coolant in bottom pan – I assume its same problem. I emailed manufacture about 3 weeks ago and have yet to hear anything.

I found I can leave vent open and cap locked and drive around town without too much leaking – must take high pressure.

I want to buy a new one that has a lifetime warranty, Not that concerned on price just a good one.

Any feedback would be appreciated.
lutronjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 11:26 PM   #2
dmjlambert

Re: Radiator blues

I like mine pretty well. Engineered Cooling Products.
http://www.speedcooling.com/1967_197..._Radiator.html
I bought it based on recommendations I saw here on the forum. I've had it since Dec 2016.
dmjlambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 11:53 PM   #3
SRU1436

Re: Radiator blues

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmjlambert View Post
I like mine pretty well. Engineered Cooling Products.
http://www.speedcooling.com/1967_197..._Radiator.html
I bought it based on recommendations I saw here on the forum. I've had it since Dec 2016.
I have the same one, it’s been a great radiator.
SRU1436 is offline   Reply With Quote