The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-03-2017, 06:40 PM   #1
KyleSeal

Block hugger headers ......

Looking for examples of how anyone on here has run theirs on a 350 in a 70 C10. I will be running 3 inch pipe. Going to be a low truck so I need to see some ideas on ways to route.

I will run a mini starter.

My Build Thread (1967 C10, lowered, EFI, daily truck): http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=830809
KyleSeal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 07:27 PM   #2
wbc409

Re: Block hugger headers ......

If you are running a mild engine you won't really gain anything by switching to block huggers if you already have the old rams horn style manifolds. If your engine is that mild, I wouldn't use anything over 2 inch exhaust on a small block. It will actually hurt engine performance. I have a mild 454 and only use 2.5 inch dual exhaust. I am assuming you want to use block huggers for the appearance. I would get them ceramic coated, not sure what manufacturer makes the best. I have Hedman long tubes on the 454 and have had good luck with them.
wbc409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 08:57 PM   #3
KyleSeal

Re: Block hugger headers ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbc409 View Post
If you are running a mild engine you won't really gain anything by switching to block huggers if you already have the old rams horn style manifolds. If your engine is that mild, I wouldn't use anything over 2 inch exhaust on a small block. It will actually hurt engine performance. I have a mild 454 and only use 2.5 inch dual exhaust. I am assuming you want to use block huggers for the appearance. I would get them ceramic coated, not sure what manufacturer makes the best. I have Hedman long tubes on the 454 and have had good luck with them.
I'm not worried about engine performance, and I've actually seen data to show that 2 vs 2.5 vs 3 makes very little if any difference. I want 3 because I'll be exiting through the bed and it looks good. Ram horns in the correct angle are tough to find where I am and I got these for free.

My Build Thread (1967 C10, lowered, EFI, daily truck): http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=830809
KyleSeal is online now   Reply With Quote