The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-10-2014, 09:21 PM   #1
Mike's money pit

72 SWB Highlander for sale in N. Mississippi - not mine

This appears to be a well optioned SWB Highlander in north MS. It has the Highlander only plaid seat and wheel covers, and all of the group A, B, and C options. I really suspect that Atlanta trucks did not list the promo group codes on the SPID but this is only based on the SPIDS I have seen. I would love for you other guys with Atlanta Highlanders to check your SPIDs to see if anyone has the "special promo group" listed.

Anyway, I would love to see a board member get this truck. Here is the link:
http://northmiss.craigslist.org/cto/4348221689.html

Enjoy,
Mike
Mike's money pit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 09:28 PM   #2
68bowtie

Re: 72 SWB Highlander for sale in N. Mississippi - not mine

like!!!

Project "Little Sister" (70 c10 blue original paint refresh)
Project "C10 Fever" (68 factory black 396 swb)
Project "Blue Bomb" (70 c30 blue original paint refresh)
Project "Vitamin C" (71 c10 orange original paint refresh)
68bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 09:30 PM   #3
jocko

Thank goodness someone thought to slap some Cheyenne Super badging on it. Nice truck, some new emblems... good scrub down... could be a very nice ride. SWB highlanders not very common. Hope someone buys it!
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 09:43 PM   #4
ole dollor

looks like a pretty solid truck, good project for someone.
ole dollor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 12:26 AM   #5
70cst

Do you all think that is a fair price? I don't know but am curious what you all think. It is a nice looking truck

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!
70cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 12:55 AM   #6
jocko

not a pkg truck, but that doesn't matter. has some nice options. if not too rusty/crusty, probably a fair price if you have the hots for a highlander.
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 12:23 PM   #7
Drewski23

depends..if its a restoration project it would be dumb to spend that kind of money..everything is going to go anyways.
Drewski23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 04:11 PM   #8
DGulliver

Looks like a $3000/3500 truck to me, if it's accurately described. My .02
'96 Dodge Indy Ram Official Indy Truck
'99 Porsche 911 Carrera
DGulliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 10:43 PM   #9
special-K
Special Order

I can't read anything on the SPID,does it say it's a Highlander/Cust Conf & Conv (Custom Deluxe) or a Cheyenne Super? That's not a GM plaid set cover,Highlander or rare stand alone option. It's a different material and the inserts run to the top of the seat,which factory seats don't do.

I'd like to find a shortbed Cheyenne Super with original motor and documentation in this condition with such an honest description for $3,500,but meanwhile I'd pay what this seller is asking.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 03-12-2014 at 09:12 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 02:40 PM   #10
fish938

The SPID says:

Z62 Custom Deluxe Equip

Then underneath that,

604 Gray Plaid Bnch Trim

Haven't seen a plaid seat cover as a standalone before. No mention of Highlander, special or promo package, Cheyenne or Cheyenne Super. Interesting.

Last edited by fish938; 03-12-2014 at 02:47 PM.
fish938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 03:54 PM   #11
MARKDTN

Has rust plus not running, looks like a good project at about half the asking price.
'07 Tahoe(Son driving)
'14 Suburban-DD
'71 C10-current project
MARKDTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 05:05 PM   #12
SS Tim

We touched on this before and I do not have any "A" Atlanta Highlander SPIDs that reflect a YG6,7 or 8 RPO code. They may not have used them there but that would be very unusual. It is a Highlander plaid trim truck though. Meaning it is a Custom Deluxe truck with the optional $68.00 Highlander plaid trim that included an upgrade to carpet as well. For all intents this is optioned as a YG8 promo package truck would be. Either way it was ordered as a line item RPO truck as it appeares or a promo truck it is still a Highlander from the factory.
Trim code 604 is the correct for a gray plaid seat as presented, too bad his picture was upside down.

Avocado 613
Blue 611
Gray 604
Orange 618

The truck is in no way a Cheyenne Super and to present it for sale as such is fradulent.
The paint is also incorrect. The truck was buillt with the Conventional Two-Tone (white roof only) and not the Deluxe Two-Tone (code 461) scheme it is presently painted with the white side panels. However this is often done on trucks with both upper and lower bodyside moldings to flash up the truck.
Attached Images

SS Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 06:16 PM   #13
jabborabbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Tim View Post
We touched on this before and I do not have any "A" Atlanta Highlander SPIDs that reflect a YG6,7 or 8 RPO code. They may not have used them there but that would be very unusual. It is a Highlander plaid trim truck though. Meaning it is a Custom Deluxe truck with the optional $68.00 Highlander plaid trim that included an upgrade to carpet as well. For all intents this is optioned as a YG8 promo package truck would be. Either way it was ordered as a line item RPO truck as it appeares or a promo truck it is still a Highlander from the factory.
Trim code 604 is the correct for a gray plaid seat as presented, too bad his picture was upside down.

Avocado 613
Blue 611
Gray 604
Orange 618

The truck is in no way a Cheyenne Super and to present it for sale as such is fradulent.
The paint is also incorrect. The truck was buillt with the Conventional Two-Tone (white roof only) and not the Deluxe Two-Tone (code 461) scheme it is presently painted with the white side panels. However this is often done on trucks with both upper and lower bodyside moldings to flash up the truck.
Man, you're like a real flat tire with cats like the seller of this lead sled, but you really know your groceries...you're like, gone, man, with the rest of us!

Which is to say in non- beatnik slang...we all appreciate you!!!
jabborabbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 07:09 PM   #14
SS Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabborabbo View Post
Man, you're like a real flat tire with cats like the seller of this lead sled, but you really know your groceries...you're like, gone, man, with the rest of us!

Which is to say in non- beatnik slang...we all appreciate you!!!
That was a Blast from the Past. Like sittin' there with UNK and Them Those Varmints.

Really though, Thanks!

Try hard to help people not make an expensive mistake, jumping on an ad that is not what it seems to be. Been through it enough times where someone wants me to verify/breakdown their SPID and then have to tell them they have a base truck or worse bought at a premium price.

Been too long for me to have written this in true beatnik slang but there was a time... its hard being a "cube" but someone has got to do it.
Attached Images

SS Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 09:53 PM   #15
jabborabbo

You're no cube, Clyde! You're the most!!!!
jabborabbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 12:50 AM   #16
special-K
Special Order

Now I see. The picture of the seat was upside down and I guess the plaid is faded bad enough to not look like the factory plaid any more.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 04:32 AM   #17
In The Ten Ring

Quote:

Avocado 613
Blue 611
Gray 604
Orange 618

Is that yellow seat cloth design available these days?
In The Ten Ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 01:49 PM   #18
RenoKeene
Florida Edition

Not worth the price to me either. Not running, rust thru all over the place, missing A/C parts, mis-badged, incorrectly painted and this is just what we can tell from the description and pics.
71 Serro Scotty Sportsman camper "Scotty"
97 LT1 Z28 "The Hornet"

Link to more pics of "Rose" http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...p?albumid=1684

Check out my "Cheap Tricks" thread and add to it if you can, lots of good info there. http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=489394
RenoKeene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 01:52 PM   #19
RenoKeene
Florida Edition

Quote:
That was a Blast from the Past. Like sittin' there with UNK and Them Those Varmints.

Really though, Thanks!

Try hard to help people not make an expensive mistake, jumping on an ad that is not what it seems to be. Been through it enough times where someone wants me to verify/breakdown their SPID and then have to tell them they have a base truck or worse bought at a premium price.

Been too long for me to have written this in true beatnik slang but there was a time... its hard being a "cube" but someone has got to do it.
Wow. Forgot about the CARtoon mags. I had a bunch of them including that one!
71 Serro Scotty Sportsman camper "Scotty"
97 LT1 Z28 "The Hornet"

Link to more pics of "Rose" http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...p?albumid=1684

Check out my "Cheap Tricks" thread and add to it if you can, lots of good info there. http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=489394
RenoKeene is offline   Reply With Quote