The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1960-1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-02-2019, 03:31 PM   #1
CousinTone

6 cyl 230 engine runs well & 100% complete

I bought this thinking my engine was toast. I was wrong and I fixed ‘er up and she’s running great. This engine was pulled after the PO ran it for me and I helped pull it out of his 66. It’s complete, running and a good engine for for any project. I overpaid so I'm taking a loss to get my wife off my back about it taking up room I the garage. Happy wife wife, happy life and I can’t complain, she’s been great with me working on my 64 instead of painting, I hate painting.....LOL. I’m asking $650 or your best fair offer. I want us both to feel good about this deal, so get hold of me and let’s se if we can work something out. I’m in North Orange County, Placentia, right by Cal State Fullerton. I can deliver it to you if your in a 50 mile radius for gas money on a Suburban, just let me know. Thanks for looking.

Last edited by CousinTone; 05-02-2019 at 03:49 PM.
CousinTone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 11:53 PM   #2
TwoFiftyShifter

Re: 6 cyl 230 engine runs well & 100% complete

The oppression is real. List the wife perhaps. She is mentioned more in this post than the 6 banger
Old 05-27-2019, 02:01 PM   #3
CousinTone

No bites on listed wife. So lowering to $499 obo....
CousinTone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 10:23 AM   #4
Inkfamous-13

Quote:
Originally Posted by CousinTone View Post
No bites on listed wife. So lowering to $499 obo....
hey tone would you be interested in a deal on your 292 if i could offer you a sbc 350ci and th350 trans and a complete 78 chevy van in pretty sure the 5 lug crossmember are the same and you have a complete motor,trans ,front 5 lug disc and rear end swap. I bought a 66 burb from this guy who lives way up a dirt road in middle of nowhere but he threw in the van for motor and trans but I've had tons of craps happen lately and his place isn't ideal to pull motor from van or the preferred unbolt crossmember ,trans mounts and lift van up. he says it was a running van till about year and half ago when someone stole the drive shaft I've got a shaft off of a 72 c10 parts truck I had. I don't have room to do that level of swap and park van while I guy it. plus old man has a 67 caddy 4 door by and he's letting me take it for a $1000 so since I want to surprise wife with that I can't deal with the van stuff but he needs it gone and I already paid him in full for burb and I've got AAA PREMIERE membership with 200 mile tows and 100 mile tows so if your willing to give up the 292 and trans you can take whole van and ill have it dropped off at your place? lmk
'yeah I just had it painted' me: " dam man that thing looks like a side of beef" or "dam bro looks like a sack of walnuts" or the ever so smart ass: " well at least it's a friendly color, it waves as you drive by" first Boss's famous words "I dont know anyone who can see both sides at the same time" Just my 2 event's, tho nobody Carr's, sincerely AssHoleExtraordinaire.....
Inkfamous-13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 08:27 PM   #5
Inkfamous-13

hey tone how much would you take for it, mabye we can work a deal if you need any gauges, cluster or any other parts I may have but if not cash for engine and trans.
'yeah I just had it painted' me: " dam man that thing looks like a side of beef" or "dam bro looks like a sack of walnuts" or the ever so smart ass: " well at least it's a friendly color, it waves as you drive by" first Boss's famous words "I dont know anyone who can see both sides at the same time" Just my 2 event's, tho nobody Carr's, sincerely AssHoleExtraordinaire.....
Old 01-11-2020, 10:48 AM   #6
Inkfamous-13

Sorry I didn't get back to you quick enough totaled car in accident had a lot of deal to str8en out. But if you got motor interested I'll pm you cell hmu
Old 05-15-2020, 10:13 AM   #7
Inkfamous-13

Still got motor.? I'll take it