The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-04-2010, 10:53 AM   #101
VikingSkull

Re: Can you find a flaw?

Can I find a flaw? Yeah! It's not mine.
VikingSkull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 11:08 AM   #102
BLACK AND BLUE 67-72
Firefighter

Talking Re: Can you find a flaw?

I can't see a THING wrong with this truck, who cares how old the owner is or how the truck was built, or who built the truck!!! Point is it is an awesome truck and NO ONE on THIS site should be saying ANYTHING negative about ANYONE'S truck on here!!!!! Grow up guys!! We have all kinds of members from teenagers to old retired people and everything in between here, just like all kinds of trucks, from rust buckets to beautiful show trucks!! I would love to have a truck like this one, instead of my non painted rusted hunks!!!
Yellville, Ar. USA

BLACK AND BLUE 67-72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 11:46 AM   #103
jcis4me

Gotta give the kid a KUDO for standing up and not being ashamed of the LOVE of Christ by posting the video and having a Christian group do the video, Kid keep standing up for what you believe in JESUS AND AMERICAN MUSCLE !!!!!
ALOHA
jcis4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 12:14 PM   #104
50bomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcis4me View Post
Gotta give the kid a KUDO for standing up and not being ashamed of the LOVE of Christ by posting the video and having a Christian group do the video, Kid keep standing up for what you believe in JESUS AND AMERICAN MUSCLE !!!!!
ALOHA
AMEN..I think we should all watch what we say I agree. I say things sometimes I dont' mean or should be careful. Love your truck. I only wish mine will look as great as yours when I am done. It gives me inspiration you know? And to see someone young and into the old ways is awesome. Such history in these chevy/gmc trucks. Lets stop the bashing and encourage each other through these times. Keep on Building and truckin.
50bomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 12:38 PM   #105
prostreetC-10
My Carbon Footprint

Envy
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaJump to: navigation, search
For other uses, see Envy (disambiguation).

Envy (also called invidiousness) is best defined as an emotion that "occurs when a person lacks another's (perceived) superior quality, achievement, or possession and either desires it or wishes that the other lacked it."[1]

Envy can also derive from a sense of low self-esteem that results from an upward social comparison threatening a person's self image: another person has something that the envier considers to be important to have. If the other person is perceived to be similar to the envier, the aroused envy will be particularly intense, because it signals to the envier that it just as well could have been he or she who had the desired object.[2][3]

Bertrand Russell said envy was one of the most potent causes of unhappiness.[4] It is a universal and most unfortunate aspect of human nature because not only is the envious person rendered unhappy by his envy, but also wishes to inflict misfortune on others. Although envy is generally seen as something negative, Russell also believed that envy was a driving force behind the movement towards democracy and must be endured to achieve a more just social system.[5]

I still have some counseling appointment available!
prostreetC-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 01:01 PM   #106
68jewel
On the path to financial ruin!

I love the truck and video. Look at it this way, the kid could be out there with his pants hanging off of his butt with his boxers showing and not working and making babies he cannot take care of. Instead he works and has a hobby that just so happens to not include drugs and alcohol. So what if his parents may have helped him and they should if he shows these kinds of maturity. I help my sons. For every $100 they save, I match it. It gives them some incentive and garners some responsibility.

Ooh Wee's Makeover...http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=376280
68jewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 02:29 PM   #107
Crunch

Beautiful truck and video!

I think those of you getting "butt-hurt" by the comments should remember the original poster's point. He wants to feel better about his truck and wants others to find faults with this one. He obviously meant it in jest, and I'm assuming everyone posting did likewise.
Crunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 04:36 PM   #108
STOCKISH
Formerly- 1972SuperCheyenne

Whether he meant it as a joke or not, quit trying to find fault or flaws in other peoples trucks??? By the way,Shane, I laughed like hell at the pic of the crying kid!!!!!

My Build Thread:http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=799218

A good crossthread is better than Loctite any day.

Life is not about what you have, but who you have to share it with.
STOCKISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 09:58 PM   #109
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

awesome! Now I get to spend an hour or so sorting out which preschooler started crap and whom followed suit. You guys ROCK. Anyone who has been a member here or read for more than a day knows we do NOT allow bashing.. add in the pissing match, circumventing site censor filter and generally acting like a bunch of idiots.. and woot I get to waste an hour of my life babysitting!

Thanks and thread MAY be open again when I am done.

To those who acted adult.. thank you, the rest and the ones egging it on.. my goodness get a frikin life.
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 10:46 PM   #110
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Thread is open, infractions and edits all over the place.. Keep the bs digs and hate out of the thread. We NEVER allow folks to bash stuff.. its flat out rude.

Final warning on this thread, if anyone else bashes and tears it up, trolls or continues the pissing match your account will be permanently suspended. Its all fine and dandy to discuss the truck, etc.. its fine to dislike it. It is NOT fine to tear up someone you dont know, and their build. sheesh.. grow up
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 11:11 PM   #111
prostreetC-10
My Carbon Footprint

Guess I'll be the first to jump back in. I didn't bash the build but sure did get on the ones that did and in a bad way. Also am very guilty of playing big brother to the site in general in a non-positive way.....need to pick a more tactful way of expressing!

SORRY LIZ!!!!

Last edited by prostreetC-10; 12-04-2010 at 11:13 PM.
Old 12-04-2010, 11:56 PM   #112
Sillyoldman

That truck sure is nice.

'71 Custom Deluxe C-20 402.
'67 Buick Special 455.
'49 Plymouth Special Deluxe.
"I love that old car smell"

Some people are like Slinkies... not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Last edited by Sillyoldman; 12-04-2010 at 11:57 PM.
Sillyoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 12:11 AM   #113
Hubscrub
Cruzin

I would drive it lol, i really love the rims with the white letters and the two tone paint

Back to the Fifties 59 https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...NAeStpydfrcj_U

Proverbs 3:5,6

"Thanks to the Interstate Highway System, it is now possible to travel across the country from coast to coast without seeing anything."Charles Kuralt

In memory of our first baby daughter, daddy and mommy love you.
Danica Grace 6/26/14
Hubscrub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 12:21 AM   #114
prostreetC-10
My Carbon Footprint

Can't help but wonder if the lights are intentionally cocked in a little for a unique look. Seems too easy to catch and correct.

Something else that caught my eye is that his hands are correctly at the ten and two position on the steering wheel. He doesn't have his wrist resting on top of the wheel or anything. Looks like the sign of an appreciative and careful driver.

I freaking love that look of the truck over the big wet spot like it just got washed. Killer effect.
Old 12-05-2010, 12:22 AM   #115
LockDoc
The Older Generation

-
I just like Red and White trucks, PERIOD!!!..

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 03:40 PM   #116
Crunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostreetC-10 View Post
Something else that caught my eye is that his hands are correctly at the ten and two position on the steering wheel. He doesn't have his wrist resting on top of the wheel or anything. Looks like the sign of an appreciative and careful driver.
Off topic, but did you know now with airbag cars, they now say its 9 and 3 instead of 10 and 2.
Crunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 05:15 PM   #117
prostreetC-10
My Carbon Footprint

Probably to keep from blowing your arms into the trunk on impact. Makes sense to me.
Old 12-06-2010, 01:52 AM   #118
tdp67

Well? It's not a 67 but it's not bad.
tdp67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 06:06 PM   #119
AJ_Aguirre

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam.man67 View Post
Fantastic vid, AJ. I even like the music. That's Grits, right?
Thank you to the people with the nice comments about my work and the truck and also to those of you that arent quick to judge about the driver.

yes! i thought the music fit just fine, i was going for the older hip-hop feel, i thought it fit the chill/laid back feel I was goin for haha and yea its grits
AJ_Aguirre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 07:17 PM   #120
screamin_c10
I dun gradjiated collij!!!

Nice work AJ, you are very talented.....The truck....well I can only wish I had one that nice to pass down to my sons....
screamin_c10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 07:32 PM   #121
Gene

Wow, just wow. I stumbled upon this thread after all the edits. But what I can gather is that some think a young kid shouldnt have a nice truck, or that this truck is not a trailer queen 100%restored classic. I will not add to the pissing match, but what I will say is that:

The video is awesome no matter what music you like. I personally think the kid chose appropriate music for HIS video.

I dabble in sportys videos and know how much time and effort is spent on a good edited video.

I cant find any flaw with this truck, i'm pretty sure my truck when finished will have a crooked, or un unlined somthing or other.

Good job kid! Whoever you are!!!
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 08:04 PM   #122
69 longhorn

There is 1 flaw that I found with that old truck....its not parked in my garage crazyAl