The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-15-2017, 06:04 PM   #51
Coley

Smile Re: What do you collect?

I'm trying hard to not collect anything these days but open shelf space if I can help it...lol.

That said, years ago I did start collecting old/vintage Mechanix Illustrated, Science and Mechanics and Popular mechanics books from the late 30's up until the early 70's and I still have most of those.
However....those will be on the auction block soon as I have read them all at least once.

A few things I have that I won't be getting rid of tho' is an antique rifle collection that I inherited from my Dad.....
Some very neat vintage winchesters, marlins, etc...many are pre 1900 and a lot of my cousins (my age) still remember those and tend to ask me what I'm going to do with them, lol.

Coley
2005 Chevy Silverado HD2500/Duramax
2000 Dodge Ram 1500
Coley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 06:53 PM   #52
special-K
Special Order

Re: What do you collect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
How can you tell this is a scam?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stocker View Post
Trust me Tim.... it was last night!
I saw it too this morning when I posted that. A thread about collecting brought back from '03 by someone posting an endless list of products in good ole highlighted link blue that are totally unrelated to the thread or this website. Kinda obvious, ya think?

Collect? Not me. If I can't eat it or drive it I'm not buying it. Well, I do have a few things I have collected. Same as Coley, I'm trying to not collect anything these days.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 12-15-2017 at 07:57 PM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 09:44 AM   #53
Andy4639
Old member

Talking Re: What do you collect?

I've collected NASCAR, Hotwheels, models, diecast, just about anything on wheels. I to have pretty much stopped inless it's a 67-72 Chevy truck item.

Right now I'm focusing on collecting memories with my grandson Rhett!I'm loving every minute of it too!
Attached Images

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 12:41 PM   #54
abig84

only thing i kinda halfway collect, and i just started, is little hand held or smaller video game consoles from like the 70s or 80s. bunch of pong consoles and other games involving just a square block you bounce around. surprisingly all of the ones i got from flea markets or garage sales always work when you get them
abig84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 09:42 AM   #55
CG
BlahBlahBlah

I'm in the process of un-collecting stuff. I saved so much "good" stuff of my sons thinking they will really love this when they get older. Nope, so Ive been tossing their stuff and my stuff right and left. Its really hard for me to do this. I kind of get how hoarders feel, just on a smaller scale.

I am still collecting truck parts though. On the other end I'm also letting a lot of it go. Its a whittling down process.

Monroe Swap meet May 18-19.
Mike has the same spots for the NW guys he's had forever.
Lunch time BBQ at the spaces.
If you have stuff to sell bring it along.

If you have a question PM stllookn (Mike) here via the board.

https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=851291
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 11:37 AM   #56
flashed

I have collected so many different things over the years , Coke stuff ,Budweiser steins ,Zippo lighters (never filled) ,Hotwheels , all kinds of diecast large and small ,truck parts constantly but we part them out constantly ,Chevron Cars ,have most of them ,Model cars ,have lots of those .
Im trying not to collect anything else and trying to get rid of stuff .I would love to get rid of my Budweiser steins ,Coke stuff and most other stuff.
flashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 08:18 AM   #57
richards72chevy

I live in a house that's over 100 years old on heavily wooded 22 acres I enjoy going out there and finding random old stuff.I also like to collect old car magazines made before 1998.
richards72chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 09:55 AM   #58
GOPAPA
"Tail Gate Best Seat In House"

Quote:
Originally Posted by richards72chevy View Post
I live in a house that's over 100 years old on heavily wooded 22 acres I enjoy going out there and finding random old stuff.I also like to collect old car magazines made before 1998.
Have you found the old garbage dump yet ? Lots of stuff that is cast Iron like toys that survive the years in them dumps..and some old bottles ..
Old 12-18-2017, 12:04 PM   #59
Stocker
20' Daredevil (Ret)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPAPA View Post
Have you found the old garbage dump yet ? Lots of stuff that is cast Iron like toys that survive the years in them dumps..and some old bottles ..
Yes, and don't forget the old outhouse site. Whatever fell in or was accidentally dropped was usually left there, for obvious reasons. But after decades of non-use, all the nasty stuff has decomposed. Be a good area to check with a metal detector, might find old coins, rings, who knows what.

1972 K20 LWB 350/350/205

RIP El Jay
Stocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 02:01 PM   #60
harpo231

Quote:
Yes, and don't forget the old outhouse site. Whatever fell in or was accidentally dropped was usually left there, for obvious reasons. But after decades of non-use, all the nasty stuff has decomposed. Be a good area to check with a metal detector, might find old coins, rings, who knows what.

Found very old whiskey bottles in old outhouse hole from hidin it from wifey
harpo231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 02:52 PM   #61
GOPAPA
"Tail Gate Best Seat In House"

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by harpo231 View Post
Found very old whiskey bottles in old outhouse hole from hidin it from wifey
I went to a place my folks lived at and dug around and found some old cork stopper bottles that they through away ..it was out in the woods a bit ,,house was gone and turned into a cattle ranch ,They lived there around 1947 and I went looking about 20 years ago .

As for the Privy ,,I used them when a yougster ,,always said that was enough for me .. lol
Old 12-20-2017, 08:27 AM   #62
richards72chevy

I have found lots of old antique looking bottles just found a really old metal baby stroller the other day.
richards72chevy is offline   Reply With Quote