The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-13-2017, 10:06 AM   #1
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Popular guy stuff that you dont like or do.

I cant put my finger on it but Ive always hated the "Man Cave" name. I'm cool, you got a spot that was given (allowed) to you by your wife lol (maybe I just put my finger on it). Never liked the moniker.

Putting logos all over your ride. Bow ties for instance. Or murals of any kind, unless they are a factory install or a 70s van ... But I do love flames, man I love flames. Well I love old school flames, not the tribal ones.

Naming your ride. When I see a custom, chopped, and lowered beautiful ol Merc and it has a goofy name tastefully painted on the corner of the trunk it ruins it for me. Project names .. I just think its weird. One of my old trucks was part black and part blue. My kids called it bruiser. One day one of them said something about "bruiser" and I had no idea what they were talking about. Its your truck dad ... Oh.

Harley logo overboard. I see guys that have Harley stuff head to toe when they are riding. Now Harley does have some good apparel and helmets and a nice tasteful (my mind tasteful lol) logo is great. I went the opposite when I was riding. One thing I did do was collect Harley T-shirts from dealerships around the country. But my personal rule was that I had to actually buy the shirt at the dealership. I haven't ridden in years and I have only one shirt left. I got it at the dealership in Erie Pennsylvania.

What's something you don't get that a lot of other guys do, or things that's typically a guy thing but just doesn't float your boat.

Im not opposed to most anything we do, hunting for instance, not my deal but think its great if you like it. Of course Ill be one of the first to go in the apocalypse since I wont be able to fend for myself

Monroe Swap meet May 18-19.
Mike has the same spots for the NW guys he's had forever.
Lunch time BBQ at the spaces.
If you have stuff to sell bring it along.

If you have a question PM stllookn (Mike) here via the board.

https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=851291
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 10:09 AM   #2
Willie Makeit

Re: Popular guy stuff that you dont like or do.

I don't get why some worry so much about what others do.
Willie Makeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 10:13 AM   #3
hewittca

I'd have to agree with you on everything except the flames, I hate flames!

Other things I don't personally enjoy at all (but don't have any issue if you do, responsibly) are sports, firearms, and alcohol of any sort. I stick to my automotive related interests and that's about it.
-
C10 Concept/Development Photos: Master Thread
hewittca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 10:19 AM   #4
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Makeit View Post
I don't get why some worry so much about what others do.
I agree with this. I don't care what anyone does. If you personally love all the things I don't ... *shrug* Everyone is different.

Old 12-13-2017, 10:20 AM   #5
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Quote:
Originally Posted by hewittca View Post
I'd have to agree with you on everything except the flames, I hate flames!

Other things I don't personally enjoy at all (but don't have any issue if you do, responsibly) are sports, firearms, and alcohol of any sort. I stick to my automotive related interests and that's about it.
OMG ... Flames? You have to love flames haha!

Old 12-13-2017, 10:30 AM   #6
flashed

Im not into Sports or hunting ,but I do love me some Deer meat ,but I have a critter killer to keep me stocked .I have a few guns but they mostly stay in the safe except my pistol ,I do carry when I can. I like most anything car/truck related .
flashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 10:37 AM   #7
A1971Blazer

Professional sports...a bunch of overpaid crybabies who think they are more important than anyone...never watch...never will...
1972 Chevrolet K/5 Blazer
A1971Blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 11:48 AM   #8
special-K
Special Order

I've always known what others do, what's cool, what's next, and all that but prefer to stand back and take what I want from it all and leave the rest... do my own thing but not from way out there. Just riding along side not always keeping pace.

Going down your list I feel the same way. You just have class, that's all . I've seen guys wearing and their trucks having more bow ties than the inaugural ball. My bike has Harley written all over it, but I think the speedo is the only part that says Harley Davidson. The only sticker I run is the traditional Harley winged bar & shield center back window on my trucks. Actually, my '72 has an era correct elongated bar & shield logo sticker on it. And I have never been into wearing a biker costume. Oh, the vehicle names. Kinda hoakie to me. I had a young guy working for me driving an old F150 with Screamin' Eagle on it with an eagle on the bug deflector/gravel shield. The eagle looked like a pigeon, so we'd call it the screamin' pigeon. My good friend can paint any artwork you want on a vehicle and he'd jump right in on anything I want... Next?

I don't care about pro sports/racing

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 12-13-2017 at 11:59 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 01:55 PM   #9
GOPAPA
"Tail Gate Best Seat In House"

If one lived durring the time of Car Names on cars ..Flames ..Louvers in Hoods and even Red Rims for wheels ,,then they would appreciate how they were loved by many

I am from that era and I can say this about myself living in Northwest Oregon back then ,,that what ever California was doing then thats what we did ..In them days there were two places in the United States that seemed to be first to come up with these Identities and Michigan and California held the keys to all of it..
Old 12-13-2017, 01:58 PM   #10
Keith Seymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1971Blazer View Post
Professional sports...a bunch of overpaid crybabies who think they are more important than anyone...never watch...never will...
This.

I wish we gave the same level of adoration to engineers and teachers and hard working middle class folks that we do to some guy that is "gifted" to throw a ball really hard or hit a ball really far.

K
1986 - 2019
Intro from an Old Assembly Guy: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=342926
My Pontiac story: http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=560524
Chevelle intro: http://www.superchevy.com/features/s...hevy-chevelle/
Keith Seymore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 03:26 PM   #11
Coley

I definitely agree with the Harley Davidson stuff....that has been played to death. I sort of laugh at the ford trucks that bought into the 'harley davidson' edition....someone is making money for sure, lol. That is the first thing I would remove if I ever bought a ford truck with that on it...lol
One thing that I no longer buy into is the under the hood/engine chrome celebration. That has been done so much that I now consider chrome as standard equipment on a classic vehicle.......and 'original' detailing and paint (or at least 'original appearing') as custom and cool.
As a result I really appreciate a 'built' motor that is made to appear like a stock engine....I think that is very cool and deceiving and I like it because its out of the ordinary.

interesting stuff tho'....and to each his own.
Coley
2005 Chevy Silverado HD2500/Duramax
2000 Dodge Ram 1500
Coley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 03:59 PM   #12
leddzepp

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1971Blazer View Post
Hands down, the biggest waste of time ever. Sitting on a couch getting fat watching televised sports...

A “man cave” is a garage filled with tools, hot rod projects, and a fridge full of cold beer. A “man cave” is not a room in a house with couches and big screen televisions

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 04:09 PM   #13
Desert_Eagle02

Sports. I have no interest in watching professional sports. There are a few exceptions though. Such as Hockey can be fun to watch, but I don't go out of my way to watch it. Also old boxing matches can be fun to watch. I used to ride dirt bikes a lot, but couldn't care less about motocross. But freestyle where they do tricks is cool.

Manufacturer's logo on vehicle windows. I don't get why people put giant bowties in the back window, or giant letters spelling out Ford on the windshield. No need for that, we know who makes it bud.

Super cars, such as Lamborghini and Ferraris and Bugatti. I can appreciate them for what they are, but if I were going to spend a half a million on a car, it would be multiple classic cars, and a nice heated/air-conditioned garage to store them all in.
Old 12-13-2017, 06:35 PM   #14
slomotion
Old Duffer

I'm not particularly fond of all the bells and whistles on the new cars today. It seems to me new drivers are relying on these "lane alerts", "self braking", and the myriad gadgets that are supposed to make the cars safer. My thought is the drivers become complacent and trust way too much in the car's ability to keep them out of a dangerous situation. It seems to me new drivers are just aiming their vehicles and have lost the concept of "driving".

I have more "not-fond-of's", because I've lived long enough to accumulate a hat full, but I'll leave it at that for now......

'81 G10 Shorty Van

"Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement." Will Rogers

"Under promise, then over achieve."
slomotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 06:38 PM   #15
special-K
Special Order

Man cave = She let me decorate this room

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 09:24 PM   #16
The Rocknrod

I grew up loving baseball and somewhat football. Can't stand and refuse to watch either today.
Dont name my rides, Have various weapons and "tons" of ammo And I love JD Green Label.
But the thing that bother me most of all? Going to a web site and getting pop ups when I'm trying to locate a part. I usually close the window right there. Why not let me look first?
The Rocknrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 09:36 PM   #17
davischevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Seymore View Post
This.

I wish we gave the same level of adoration to engineers and teachers and hard working middle class folks that we do to some guy that is "gifted" to throw a ball really hard or hit a ball really far.

K
I would have said this but you already did. I would add policemen and military to your list.

I refuse to spend money on sports event and movies. I save that money for someone that just lost their house to fire or had a special needs baby.

Build thread, Arkansas K10
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=755797&page=5

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
davischevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 09:41 PM   #18
davischevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by leddzepp View Post
Hands down, the biggest waste of time ever. Sitting on a couch getting fat watching televised sports...

A “man cave” is a garage filled with tools, hot rod projects, and a fridge full of cold beer. A “man cave” is not a room in a house with couches and big screen televisions
Golly, leddzepp you just knocked me down, and then kicked me. I resemble that statement.

I like my couch and Big TV.

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
Old 12-13-2017, 09:49 PM   #19
davischevy

I owned Harley Davidson's for years and still own a Corvette.

The owners of both seem to have a need to travel in packs.

I've never understood the need to travel with a bunch of people you wouldn't be around otherwise, and may not even like.

When I stop for gas, I want to get gas, pee and move on. I don't care to wait for people to wander around for no reason. I also don't want to stop for gas when we just stopped for gas and you didn't think you needed any.

I have no problem traveling alone, but if I have a friend with the same interests I do, he is welcome to come along.

I suppose if I were more sociable, I would have more friends, but I get along better with myself.

Old 12-13-2017, 10:12 PM   #20
68bowtie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Seymore View Post
This.

K
Interesting. We engineers normally just get made fun of...

Project "Little Sister" (70 c10 blue original paint refresh)
Project "C10 Fever" (68 factory black 396 swb)
Project "Blue Bomb" (70 c30 blue original paint refresh)
Project "Vitamin C" (71 c10 orange original paint refresh)
68bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 02:07 AM   #21
truckster

After I first got my Blazer on the road my wife asked, "What are you going to name it?" I said, "Blazer."

It drives me crazy to see the way kids (and grownups) worship millionaire athletes who, for the most part, contribute nothing to society but bad examples. As a retired Soldier (combat engineer) and a current teacher, I don't consider myself a hero, but I've had the privilege of knowing many fine people in both professions.

I don't care to hunt or fish but I do love shooting. I coach an air rifle marksmanship team.

I don't feel you have to be loud or crude to be a real man.

Last edited by truckster; 12-14-2017 at 02:12 AM.
truckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 11:00 AM   #22
Advanced Design

I don't like to go to bars, watch sports (other than Grandsons playing ball), play golf or gamble.

And I've noticed as I get older my radio listening in the truck has changed...often now to the point of not having it on.
Advanced Design is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 12:28 PM   #23
shp4man

I have a Sportster and am proud to say there isn't even one Iron Cross or skull and crossbones graphic on it. Or any of my t-shirts.
Old 12-14-2017, 01:02 PM   #24
Coley

Interesting stuff about the sports stuff....
Personally, I'm a big hockey fan....always have been, but I don't watch it that much.
It does not have the same level of status...and thus 'fame' attached to it in the U.S as other sports and that might have protected it a bit from the over indulgence associated with the athletes.
I'm no fan of basketball.....I like the odd baseball game....and football, can be 'entertaining' from time to time.
Overall I spend very little time watching sports tho'....only the bigger games and tournaments.
(Speaking of which the IIHF world junior hockey tournament is coming up starting on boxing day. It is being hosted in Buffalo, New York...including an outdoor game, damn...I love that tournament...lol)

Coley
2005 Chevy Silverado HD2500/Duramax
2000 Dodge Ram 1500
Coley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 02:33 PM   #25
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
I cant put my finger on it but Ive always hated the "Man Cave" name. I'm cool, you got a spot that was given (allowed) to you by your wife lol (maybe I just put my finger on it). Never liked the moniker.
My wife watches the absolute crappiest TV shows ever. Horrible stuff. Like I literally can't even sit through it and play on my tablet because I can still hear how awful it is. Sometimes makes me wonder if I really know who she is. We watch a lot of stuff together, but I love popping on MotorTrend on Demand or one of my favorite YouTube channels on my 60" flatscreen in my huge ass leather couch in the "man cave." We call it our bonus room. Not sure what else to call it. It is directly above the garage, so that makes it slightly cooler?

Quote:

Harley logo overboard. I see guys that have Harley stuff head to toe when they are riding. Now Harley does have some good apparel and helmets and a nice tasteful (my mind tasteful lol) logo is great. I went the opposite when I was riding. One thing I did do was collect Harley T-shirts from dealerships around the country. But my personal rule was that I had to actually buy the shirt at the dealership. I haven't ridden in years and I have only one shirt left. I got it at the dealership in Erie Pennsylvania.
This fad seems so have slipped some. I don't see it anywhere near like I used to.

Quote:
Naming your ride. When I see a custom, chopped, and lowered beautiful ol Merc and it has a goofy name tastefully painted on the corner of the trunk it ruins it for me. Project names .. I just think its weird. One of my old trucks was part black and part blue. My kids called it bruiser. One day one of them said something about "bruiser" and I had no idea what they were talking about. Its your truck dad ... Oh.
I have to do this. Let's take the truck. Ok which one? Crap. Ok. Lets take the Chevy... strike two... Lets take the 67... got more than one of those too... Without saying "get in the blue 1967 C10" it's easier to say "old blue." I consider them part of the family, so they get a name.

Quote:
Putting logos all over your ride. Bow ties for instance. Or murals of any kind, unless they are a factory install or a 70s van ... But I do love flames, man I love flames. Well I love old school flames, not the tribal ones.
Logo's, Check. Big bow ties. Check. Not a 70's van. Check. Even has red wheels I'm batting 1,000 today. Oops, sports reference. I'm going back to my corner....

All of this is in jest, I really don't care what others think. Probably why I only have like 3 friends? But I like it that way
Attached Images

1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote