The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-16-2017, 02:52 PM   #51
flashed

Re: Popular guy stuff that you dont like or do.

No shaving or waxing my chest hairs .I know the hard core bicycle riders shave and wax all over so they can wear the spandex gear .
flashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 03:32 PM   #52
Bigdav160

Waxing is "popular guy stuff"?

I am definitely out of the loop. Ok +1 to the professional (or amateur) sports thing.

I don't mind playing or doing but do not care to watch on TV. Well I don't watch much TV so no need for that in the garage. I do not plan to die in front of a television.

I use to brew and drink beer (nothing harder) but I got old and now it takes 2 weeks to get over a hangover. I'll still have a few a year.

I don't have any car friends. Now that I think of it; I don't have many friends at all. My spouse has chased them all a way.

I do go fishing a few times a year. Nobody in the house eats fish except me so I don't go often.

I used to shoot handguns every weekend with my MIL. My spouse chased her away also so I have no one to shoot with.

I do like to build things out of wood and metal.

And out of the many cars I've owned only two have had names; The Bronze Beast and The Flash
'73 Z-28 Camaro
'63 Ford SWB Uni Pickup
'50 Ford Coupe
Bigdav160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 09:20 PM   #53
68C15
blood type; Retumbo

I like it all. Doing all this helps me deal with my insecurity. Just ask any of my thousands of Facebook friends.

Ok, that's a lie. There's plenty of things I don't care for. I simply let them fly on past me and don't give it another thought. That's probably why I can't think of any. I've gotten to that point in my life. Do your thing if you want, just don't let it impact me

I don't have a man cave. My son calls my gun-reloading room "Dad's Lab"
Man rule #77...if you own a 67 stepside with a caddy 472 you will never be in danger of loosing you man card
68C15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 09:48 PM   #54
kingsolver72
10/30/19

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68C15 View Post
There's plenty of things I don't care for. I simply let them fly on past me and don't give it another thought. That's probably why I can't think of any. I've gotten to that point in my life. Do your thing if you want, just don't let it impact me
" I don't care what you do, just don't splash any on me" Ted Nugent/Motor City Madman.
kingsolver72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 11:39 PM   #55
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

No to sports unless it's the "weebles" (when they run the helmet wobbles "Weebles wobble but they do(n't) fall down".There's a T ball field a block from my house. And I usually do a couple of farm team games a year because baseball is the only on I watch and it only live unless I want to see the series. I still shoot some but not nearly as much as I once did. I used to drink at a near professional level but probably haven't had one in a couple of years, 40 years ago I drank at least a case of beer and most of a fifth of Jack every day and twisted off on the weekends. I don't go to bars because those people aren't near as cool, witty or fun to be around as they were when I drank. I have a smart phone because they didn't have a flipper when I needed a replacement. I've been carrying the same one for 4-5 years and I have read and texted maybe 4-5 times. I'm usually peripherally aware of some trends and clueless to others because I don't care too much what other people do as long as it doesn't affect me.

In the Ten Ring, you need a new therapist, anyone that would suggest a parachute and helmet for jumping does not have your best interests at heart. Someone who truly wanted to help you would tell you "STOP JUMPING OUT OF PERFECTLY GOOD AIRPLANES".
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 11:45 PM   #56
leddzepp

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanelDeland View Post
Someone who truly wanted to help you would tell you "STOP JUMPING OUT OF PERFECTLY GOOD AIRPLANES".
Only two things fall from the sky: Bird crap and idiots. One of my best friends was an airborne ranger and told me that

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 11:46 PM   #57
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdav160 View Post
Dear God I hope not!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdav160 View Post

I use to brew and drink beer (nothing harder) but I got old and now it takes 2 weeks to get over a hangover. I'll still have a few a year.
I never brewed beer, but I used to "go out" a couple times a month with friends. Now I can count how many times I drink per year on one hand. Leaves more $ for truck stuff and vacations
1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 02:55 AM   #58
Desert_Eagle02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coley View Post
.....how about 'skinny jeans' ?

lol, that I simply don't get...certainly not on guys.

Coley
I wouldn't be caught dead in a pair of skinny jeans. I don't know how they could even be comfortable for a guy lol. I'll take a pair of Wranglers any day.
Old 12-17-2017, 08:34 AM   #59
special-K
Special Order

Waxing? Reread the title. It says popular guy stuff not popular gay stuff!

Hair dye? Isn't that a woman thing, too? Not me, salt & pepper till it's all white. I'm real inside and out. Gotta be, I'm a natural born man... Ugh!

Tighty tight jeans are a trend for the confused. Makes them walk funny, too

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 08:47 AM   #60
tristan

Trucks and guns, there is enough to learn in those two fields to keep me mentally engaged. They also crowd out any faint desire I might have to keep current with politics, sports, pop "culture," technology and similar aggravators.
tristan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 09:03 AM   #61
CG
BlahBlahBlah

I dunno if drinking is a popular guy thing, seems like it might be when someone posts .. What's your favorite adult beverage? Those threads usually take off. I was never a drinker. Never had a drop when I was a kid, didn't drink a beer until I had graduated from HS. There have been a few times I had too much to drink in my very early 20's. Its something I stopped before I even got started.

Honestly its a thing Ive never really been able to wrap my head around. I'm not against it or judgmental though. Personally I don't like the feeling of impairment, not even the smallest tiniest amount. When people say, How can you have fun without having a drink its very odd to me. I was at the store once buying some root beer and ice cream so we could have floats with the grand kids. Checkout person, Having root beer floats? (here's your sign lol) Lady in front of me, where's the bourbon? Cant have a root beer float without the bourbon. Its just odd to me haha.

Even though my teen years were in the 70's Ive never been high. Zero recreational drugs. Another thing I could never figure out why people would want to do. We would have giant bon fires out at the beach. The joints would be passed around and I always passed to the next guy. People that didn't know me would give me S ... but my friends always stood up for me, Hey man its just not his thing, more for us haha!

As far as what pants ... Its 501 jeans for me, always has been and always will be. When I do wear shorts in the summer Carhart makes some nice ones. Tough, and I like all the extra little pockets.

Monroe Swap meet May 18-19.
Mike has the same spots for the NW guys he's had forever.
Lunch time BBQ at the spaces.
If you have stuff to sell bring it along.

If you have a question PM stllookn (Mike) here via the board.

https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=851291
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 10:13 PM   #62
Coley

Smile Re: Popular guy stuff that you dont like or do.

Good points CG....and good on you for not having too much inclination to 'imbibe' if you don't feel you want to, zero wrong with that.

I do drink, but not much....usually wine on the weekends with my wife or friends, or maybe a beer or two in the (spring/summer) afternoon after a weekend project or a 'tailgate' (bench racing) visit, lol.
Lately I notice we drink less every year....
I have a very good friend who visits about once or twice a year and he likes to have a couple of nice single malt scotches...which is cool.

As with everything, its a matter of knowing when (and why) to have a drink and when and why to quit....and call it a day and live to fight another day.

Coley
2005 Chevy Silverado HD2500/Duramax
2000 Dodge Ram 1500
Coley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 10:55 PM   #63
davischevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Refer to my Headache Cure joke on November 8th.

Build thread, Arkansas K10
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=755797&page=5

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
davischevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 09:08 PM   #64
beautimus

popular guy stuff that i dont like to do?
hunting, i hate being cold,
my idea of a good day hunting is where i take the truck down that old
logging road, that comes out by the on ramp to the interstate. then i cruise on up to the publix at the next exit. then i creep slowly into the frozen food section and pick up a couple of rib eyes. then back home. i proceed to toss em onto a propane grill.
while a potato is baking in the oven. throw together a nice salad, and thats the kind of hunting i like. you guys that are more macho than me, can keep all that 4 am freezin your behind off , wet , soggy disgusting fun for yourselves . lol
not me brother. ill take my wimpy version of hunting any day.
Old 12-19-2017, 09:47 PM   #65
Coley

As a guy I like projects....and I'm project driven.
That said....I often start more than I finish, lol.

What I really enjoying doing tho' is a cool project, road trip or event with others.
I used to organize a yearly camping/fly fishing trip with about 3-4 other guys and we always had a great time and a great laugh.
It was usually a 4-5 day trip over a long weekend...so not too much holiday time and we usually went up into the mountains of British Columbia to some really great remote 'wilderness sites' to camp and fish.
Regardless....a few of the wives complained about it so we had to shut it down.
You would think that one weekend a year would not be that big a deal...

Anywhooo, I would like to re-start it at some point and I'm sure the enthusiasm would pop up again....particularly because at least one of the guys is now divorced, lol.

Coley
2000 Dodge Ram 1500
Old 12-19-2017, 10:08 PM   #66
davischevy

I don't watch professional sports.

I've even lost interest NASCAR.

Although a lot of guys do it, I don't like work.

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
Old 12-20-2017, 08:05 AM   #67
special-K
Special Order

Guys are really opening up here. It's great to get it all out. Are we ready for a woman stuff guys like to do thread yet?

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 12-20-2017, 09:31 AM   #68
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

Quote:
Waxing? Reread the title. It says popular guy stuff not popular gay stuff!
Hey now! I think you can lose your job for sayin' stuff like that meow?

Quote:
Hair dye? Isn't that a woman thing, too? Not me, salt & pepper till it's all white. I'm real inside and out. Gotta be, I'm a natural born man... Ugh!
My grandpa used vitalis hair stuff for as long as I can remember. Never dyed his hair and it was always black. I can't believe I never put 2 + 2 together. Recently my wife has been bugging me to try some new hair gel she got me. I tried it and it actually dries without my hair looking wet and it has no greasy feel to it. And after using it a few times I realized it had another perk. Most of my grays were gone.

Quote:
Hey now, when you've put on a few pounds and refuse to go to 34's, your pants might be a little tight until after the holidays are over!
1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 01:12 PM   #69
Coley

Smile Re: Popular guy stuff that you dont like or do.

Quote:
Guys are really opening up here. It's great to get it all out. Are we ready for a woman stuff guys like to do thread yet?
Truth or consequences, lol.

I bake a mean pan of cinnamon buns for gifts this time of year (actually about 8 pans).
I have sisters who love those things and always look forward to them...and if I even joke about 'taking a year off' or maybe substituting them with 'christmas cake' or something...they take immediate issue, lol.

I'm not the worlds greatest cook...but I would like to be able at some point to learn a few really cool, non traditional meals.
ie: I can do the 'usual'...chili, spaghetti, bbq, eggs/bacon/sausage, soup....but I don't have any feel for 'finer' cooking.

Coley
2000 Dodge Ram 1500
Old 12-20-2017, 02:44 PM   #70
greasemonkey

I never was popular, and as I get older I realize I am probably the most unpopular person in my area. I don't have a beard, I have 0 lifted trucks, I don't drink beer or watch sports, and I friggin hate camo. I absolutely despise camo. I don't understand why people's daily attire is an attempt to look like a tree. I wore government issued camo for 4 years out of necessity, but someone slouching around in Mossy Oak/ Realtree boots/pants/shirt/hat is ridiculous unless they are actively hunting.
1987 Jimmy
2004 Tahoe
2005 Silverado 1500
2005 Silverado 3500
greasemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 03:33 PM   #71
flashed

Im not a fan of Camo except for one hat that I got from Chevyland on here .
Old 12-20-2017, 08:30 PM   #72
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by greasemonkey View Post
I never was popular, and as I get older I realize I am probably the most unpopular person in my area. I don't have a beard, I have 0 lifted trucks, I don't drink beer or watch sports, and I friggin hate camo. I absolutely despise camo. I don't understand why people's daily attire is an attempt to look like a tree. I wore government issued camo for 4 years out of necessity, but someone slouching around in Mossy Oak/ Realtree boots/pants/shirt/hat is ridiculous unless they are actively hunting.
Keep posting like that and you'll be popular as the funnest guy on here!

I never let camo bug me...but! I do know what you are saying. There's a guy at TSC that, except for the smock, wears camo head to toe. That's hat to boots. I mean everyday. He's a kinda goofy guy anyway.

Tim

Last edited by special-K; 12-21-2017 at 07:40 AM.
Old 12-20-2017, 09:01 PM   #73
flashed

Tim ,you are describing my older brother to a T .
Old 12-20-2017, 09:13 PM   #74
davischevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashed View Post
Tim ,you are describing my older brother to a T .
So, your older brother is kinda goofy?

Old 12-20-2017, 09:23 PM   #75
flashed

Yes ,afraid so ,he drives a Ferd.