The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-13-2016, 02:51 PM   #1
Dad's72

Sell...Don't Sell

I have been frustrated for a while with my situation. I never share my feelings with anyone normally nor do I ever plan a pity party for myself. But lately I have been in a pretty crappy mood surrounding my 72 Chevy.
The beginning. My father was the original owner of the truck and right before he unexpectedly passed away. He gave into my lifelong begging and gave me his truck. It was in good shape on the outside and in but wasn't running. I am not sure why it wasn't running because right when we were about to due a full frame off he passed away. I used all my budget on funeral costs and to finish remodeling my parents house along with a remodel on my house. The budget wasn't much because I did all the work on both houses myself. This was in 2007 when I was 27 years old. I put the truck in the garage to keep it out of the elements and after all it was finally mine. It has a lot of sentimental value as it is the truck that took me on my first fishing, hunting, and camping trips. Not to mention all my little league games.
Fast forward to now. I have since bought a new house, gotten married, and had two perfect and beautiful children. All my money went into that house along with my families expenses. I had to sell that first house after the market went down hill and we needed the money. I still have the truck and would like nothing more than to restore it but just can't ever scratch up any cash to do anything. Daycare, mortgage, and life are really expensive. I have the ability to do most of the work as I am really good with my hands and have been working on vehicles with my dad before I ever owned a car. The truck sat back outside until I bought another house so it now has rust in the bottoms of the doors, floors, drip rail, along front and rear windshields, fender corners and still does not run. The motor turns over by hand so I guess that is a good thing.
I want to fix it up so bad but I can't ever see myself having $10K laying around to do it. I feel like I should just sell it. It feels like a curse or a burden to have most of the time. Just ticks me off. Half the time I look at that tuck and can see what it can be but then the other half I see it as something haunting me as a project that I can never finish.
What would y'all do? The truck is a 72 Cheyenne Super 350/350 Turbo Transmission long bed all original down to the carburetor with 146K miles. Maybe I needed to vent to folks that may know how it is since we are all wanting the same thing. I don't know. Just torn on what direction to go.
Attached Images

Dad's72 is offline   Reply With Quote