The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > The 1973 - 1991 Blazers, Jimmys, and Suburbans Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-25-2004, 02:41 PM   #1
Rdrdave
Broke and still trying

Question Optioins Options Options

I have this 73 k5 that I've put some cash into. I've tried to sell it but it seems people don't think a crate engine is worth the money spent. Nor do they feel a 73 k5 is worth anything. Well, I do. I have yet to sell my blazer and have thought of taking the crate engine out and putting it into my 68 lwb.
The crate 350 is stock except for ed. intake and carb. I would put additional add-ons such as a cam and headers and get the heads worked before putting it into my 68.
My question is what is the k5 worth without an engine?
Here is a link to the pics. It has some of the usual rust starting but it's next to impossible to find a decent 73-75 around here anymore that hasn't been thrashed or bruatlized. Let me know what you guys think. I'm getting the urge to kill something and I don't want it to be the k5 but if it has to be, OH WELL! I am even looking for a built 454 from carb to pan worth the equivalent and maybe a m22. I don't know but i need something to do!

http://photos.yahoo.com/rdrdave2003

Last edited by Rdrdave; 03-25-2004 at 02:50 PM.
Rdrdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 03:07 PM   #2
cochino12
It followed me home?

I cant believe you havent sold that thing yet. How much were you asking for it? I agree about the crate motor thing, doesnt seem to add any value to your resale. To bad you arent closer or maybe we could work something out.

That's why they call it a shortcut Kyle, if it was easy it would just be the way.

86 c-10 SWB
85 CCSB
90 GMC K30 Crew SRW
1985 C30 Dually
cochino12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 03:32 PM   #3
Rdrdave
Broke and still trying

I started at 4500 then went down to 4000 obo and still nothing. I had someone offer me 1500! Silly kid! I told him I'd get him a math tutor so he can do the math.
Old 03-25-2004, 05:31 PM   #4
Jonboy
Slots go on anything!

Dave, it's not that it doesn't add value, it's that some of us are broke. I would love to have that truck, but since I am broke, I figure it is better not to bother you. "If you don't have the cash, don't give me a rash" so to speak. I am really surprised no one has snapped that thing up yet. Maybe take some pics with the top off too, in case you haven't.
Old 03-25-2004, 05:54 PM   #5
Rdrdave
Broke and still trying

Lightbulb

Yeah, that's what I plan on. I think I might have a better chance once I take the top off and cruise it around more. I'll turn it into my daily driver with the top off! Sounds like a hooker! This should give me more offers.

Old 03-25-2004, 06:55 PM   #6
bpmcgee

Dave,

I agree that people won't be willing to pay all the bucks you put into the crate engine. On the other hand, if they can't drive it off of your property, most people would pay almost nothing.

If you really like that engine, pull it and drop in a junkyard 350. Around here those can be had for $200 or so. That would allow you to get a decent price for your Blazer and still have your nice engine!

I have to agree, also, that the '73-87 trucks just haven't started picking up in collectors value yet. I think a big part of that is that the later ones are still mostly on the road. Too bad that you really have to sell it, because I feel confident that in 2 years they'll be worth more than they are today.

Good luck,

Brian
bpmcgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 08:59 PM   #7
vtblazer

Distance

To bad your in cally, I'm lookin for one of those right now. I even have a post in the 73 and up section.
I agree with the no cash/rash thing too but for me it's the mileage/distance thing. I didn't want to bug you if I wasn't willing to go the distance.
Having it shipped knocks it outta the price park
all over again.
Good luck selling it but as posted above, if it were me, I'd find a way to keep it.
Showing pics with the top off is the only righteous way to sell a blazer
vtblazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 12:48 AM   #8
mkundo

If you want to sell the Chassis I would be interested. I have a 4x4 chassis that might make yours more of a value?
Thanks
Old 03-30-2004, 08:47 AM   #9
vtblazer

Rdrdave...I sent you a pm
vtblazer is offline   Reply With Quote