The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-19-2007, 03:16 PM   #1
jerry moss
Born Psycho

Question how long should i wait for payment ?

one of the items i posted for sale a few weeks back was supposed to be purchased by someone here. the payment was supposed to be sent out on the 3rd of january. i haven't recieved it yet, i've sent 2 p.m. with no reply. it's not a big deal if he doesn't buy them, i just wish he would let me know. how long do you guys/gals wait for somebody to pay. by the way, this person has less than 30 posts.
69 suburban K20-tilt,tach,vacuum,speedwarning,buckets,shoulder belts,am/fm,4 inch all spring lift,4 speed, 14 bolt full floater, dana 44 HD,warn winch,posi front and rear,tow hooks,plus other goodies.
73/80 chevy/gmc K20 SB400,turbo 400,205,tilt,a-c,gas hog.
77 K/5 cheyenne blazer-daily driver/beater. SON HAS IT NOW
BRENTWOOD,CALIFORNIA
jerry moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 03:24 PM   #2
byrd
Union Electrician

Re: how long should i wait for payment ?

Two weeks at the most, and if by then no response I would move on my .02..Randy
BTW my payment for the shifter went out on Tues
Zip:40272
Big Sandy Survivor...

Quote:
We cannot choose the way we die, but we can choose the way we live
Quote:
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.
Quote:
I think Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we could identify their corporate sponsors
byrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 03:31 PM   #3
Joe67
67 is sold

If you have tried contacting the buyer using all of the information they have supplied, maybe move on to the next in line after 2-3 weeks or so.

gr8lakes - My ebay auctions

Click here to order forum apparel :: Click here to become a subscribing member
Joe67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 03:35 PM   #4
jerry moss
Born Psycho

Thumbs up Re: how long should i wait for payment ?

Randy,
it ready to ship. p.m. your address so i can put a label on it, thanks. i 'll give the other guy a couple more days and repost it.
69 suburban K20-tilt,tach,vacuum,speedwarning,buckets,shoulder belts,am/fm,4 inch all spring lift,4 speed, 14 bolt full floater, dana 44 HD,warn winch,posi front and rear,tow hooks,plus other goodies.
BRENTWOOD,CALIFORNIA
Old 01-19-2007, 04:32 PM   #5
chopper103in

if after 2 weeks and you are not getting any response from him on your pms---i would move on to the next person
chopper103in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 04:53 PM   #6
90\87Formula

If you didn't put a timetable in the thread, I would wait two weeks (not two more). Impatient as I am, I probably would have PM'd them every other day after Jan 8th. That's giving 5 days for the mail to get to you.
You can check his public profile and see if he has been on the site since you emailed him. If he has, he's just ignoring you and I would move on to the next in line
Old 01-19-2007, 05:07 PM   #7
shifty
Questionable

If payment is being mailed, I will wait 3 weeks. If nothing is received within 14 days, I notify the buyer that if it is not there in a week, I will need to go to the next person in line.

If Paypal is being used, I give someone 72 hours to submit payment. I try to make payment within 1 hour of sealing the deal, or, if it's late at night, before the next morning.

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.

Last edited by shifty; 01-19-2007 at 05:07 PM.
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 05:26 PM   #8
69TowRig

Too many good people here to put up with the "bad" ones. Move on to #2...
Another site I read (ColoradoK5) has an "itrader" rating system for buying/selling, kind of like ebay has. I wonder how we could get that implemented here, or if anyone would go for it?
Building a stripper, one part at a time: 1969 K5, 307, 3spd, 3 seats, hard top. Added Pwr Discs, Pwr Steering, Aux Battery, T-case Skid, Lighted Sidemarkers, HEI, Lock-Right Diff, ECE Class IV Hitch, 32" MT/Rs. Parts to Install: Hand Throttle, Console, Tow Hooks, Dual Horns, AM-FM, Dealer Swing-Away Tire Carrier, Gas Tank Skid.
Also building a 1950 Willys CJ-3A and off-roading a 2001 Nissan Frontier on 1-Ton Portals...
69TowRig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 05:45 PM   #9
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

Tow rig,sounds like a good idea.Then when you think about it the mods and staff have plenty on their plates already.However it may be an automated system and Josh may have the software available.The only way to find out is ask.
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 06:21 PM   #10
stllookn
Saving 1 truck at a time!

Jerry, Did you get my payment for the CC emblems? I hope I was not the culprit but then I never received a pm either...LOL!
'69 Flxible Cruiser (look up ugly in the dictionary)
stllookn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 06:37 PM   #11
Down south truckin

Jerry they call it snail mail for a reason i sent a m/o to a board member in N/J on the 6th he recieved it the 17th good luck Mike
Down south truckin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 10:31 PM   #12
Tim Christian

Jerry You should get my check anyday. Let me know if you have not. Thanks Tim
Tim Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 10:57 PM   #13
boogie67

You get mine?
Old 01-19-2007, 10:57 PM   #14
msgross

jerry, my MO went out today... I'm in PA so give it a week! Let me know when the column parts ship out...thanks.

oh yeah, I would only give a guy two weeks, then relist and drive on. If they send you a MO after that then you can return it or arbitrate to your best ability...
1969 C-10 LWB (SOLD) "Project flip that truck or else"
1993 Passport, F@rd 1-ton (SOLD)"Project Cousin Eddie"

My Garage Build "The 1,000 footer"
msgross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 11:17 PM   #15
woodridge

Jerry, MO went out today, youngest got sidetracked Wednesday.
woodridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 11:31 PM   #16
C10 Club Tennessee

Two weeks like some of the other guys have mentioned. I have some 72 Door Panels for sale right now and a board member stated he'd take them back in Nov. Not real mad, but at least return my PM's and have the you know what's to tell me you decided to go another route.

www.gmtruckshow.com

Project "Andes"-Halen's First Truck

Project: Patina Burb

for he is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God’s wrath on the wrongdoer. Romans 13:4
5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 11:45 PM   #17
kevenj

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry moss View Post
one of the items i posted for sale a few weeks back was supposed to be purchased by someone here. the payment was supposed to be sent out on the 3rd of january. i haven't recieved it yet, i've sent 2 p.m. with no reply. it's not a big deal if he doesn't buy them, i just wish he would let me know. how long do you guys/gals wait for somebody to pay. by the way, this person has less than 30 posts.
It's been plenty of time if he sent payment on the 3rd of January like he said he would. Of course it's possible the check got lost in the mail but you've tried to contact him. I would feel perfectly free to sell it to someone else at this point - - just don't cash the check if it DOES show up and you've already sold the part to someone else.

Suggestion: use Paypal - - it doesn't cost the seller very much and it's safer than a check or money order (except a US Postal M/O) - - and it's pretty much instant, no waiting for the mail.

Last edited by kevenj; 01-19-2007 at 11:48 PM.
kevenj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 12:18 AM   #18
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Jerry
Personally I would inform the buyer that if you do not hear from them in 48 hours you are moving on to the next in line. If you get a check from them then just return it.
As for the trader rating.. we had one... it was all in the new classified system. Which was removed and the parts for sale brought back to the forums cause everyone *****ed non stop that they hated it. A poll was done and the users chose to off it... use the rep system, its there and ignored.

We also have and have had for some time a buying and selling guideline posted in announcements for the site. It goes over how things "should" be dealt with. If those guidelines are followed and you have issues with a sale, contact an admin and we will gladly step in and help you all we can.

I wouldn't let post count deter anyone in sales... we have alot of great new users and truth be half the bad sales come from users who have been here a long time.

Jerry best of luck with this, if you need a hand in any of it just let us know.
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 12:24 AM   #19
Aarons72s

I ask to be pm'ed when payment is sent. If I dont hear that payment is sent between 1 week and 2 weeks I will pm the buyer. And If I dont hear anything in a week after that I move on to the next interested party or relist the item. Have you seen when the guy was last logged in here? I have a order still waiting payment for almost 2 months but the guy had computer problems and hasnt been on here since the first of december. I dont mind be asked for something and then you come along and say you cant pay me or need more time, stuff happens. But at least keep me informed.
Aarons72s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 12:26 AM   #20
Aarons72s

Quote:
I wouldn't let post count deter anyone in sales... we have alot of great new users and truth be half the bad sales come from users who have been here a long time.

Exactly. I completely agree there. I have had great luck with the new users. The only problems I have had are with long time members.
Aarons72s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 11:50 AM   #21
jerry moss
Born Psycho

Thumbs up Re: how long should i wait for payment ?

thanks everyone, it sounds as if i've waited long enough. i'll re-post the part and see in anyone else can use it. if payment does arrive and the part is sold already to someone else, i WILL return his payment.
BRENTWOOD,CALIFORNIA
Old 01-20-2007, 12:24 PM   #22
msgross

I had the same issue on Ebay...it's amazing how many people have been in the "hospital" when they don't return emails for over a week. I had three of them in a row like that... One was even in the hospital and then stuck by a thunderstorm for two days on her way home!
1969 C-10 LWB (SOLD) "Project flip that truck or else"
1993 Passport, F@rd 1-ton (SOLD)"Project Cousin Eddie"

My Garage Build "The 1,000 footer"

Last edited by msgross; 01-20-2007 at 12:24 PM.
msgross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 03:05 PM   #23
SCOTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarons72s View Post
I ask to be pm'ed when payment is sent. If I dont hear that payment is sent between 1 week and 2 weeks I will pm the buyer. And If I dont hear anything in a week after that I move on to the next interested party or relist the item. Have you seen when the guy was last logged in here? I have a order still waiting payment for almost 2 months but the guy had computer problems and hasnt been on here since the first of december. I dont mind be asked for something and then you come along and say you cant pay me or need more time, stuff happens. But at least keep me informed.
Exactly. I request to be notified when the payment is received & again when the item is shipped. I of course return the courtesy & notify the seller once I receive the item so they know the transaction is complete.

I also send my payments (USPS money orders) via USPS Priority Mail. They should receive the pmt within 5-days or something isn't right & they can verify the pmt was actually sent w/a confirmation number.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote