The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-01-2020, 10:10 PM   #11
rechinca

Re: 71 C10 LB: Code Name Sloth

Not as much to finish off this week. Ended up having a small piece of metal in my eye from Saturday. Got under my full face shield and safety glasses so spent Sunday and Monday not working on it much. Just a fleck on the eye they were able to get off but what an irritation! The firewall and cowl are in primer and sealer now, but the windshield frame hasn’t cured and with the high temps here (100-105), I have limited times to paint as this is an outside build on the driveway. I set up a makeshift booth with an easyup and tarps, but it just keeps the heat in. Monday I should be able to get the last of the sealer on and be ready to throw some paint on it Tuesday and Wednesday.

Did get a bunch of little parts cleaned and painted, some small bolts getting the rust knocked off and parts sorted. Took the pedal assemblies off. The brake/clutch assembly was in need of cleaning and I painted the pedals/arms. Took the accelerator pedal assembly apart, cleaned and painted the parts. I figure I couldn’t put it all back together in good faith without doing it.

Discovered the front cable for the emergency brake was fraying and the accelerator cable was suspect in a couple of spots so ordered up a bunch of pets again. Pulled the gas tank while the seat was out so I could inspect it. Super clean on the inside, not a speck of rust I could see! But holy crap, that last couple of gallons were FOUL! Going to scrub the cab down and probably epoxy the floor before it goes back together. Seat and tank will com back out next summer when I do the floor and cab corner repairs, but I figured it’s all out right now so I’d like to get some preventative done now.

And finally, I painted the main part of the Emergency Brake assembly. Decided to use a silver paint to coat it and then next week I’ll paint up the arm and pedal.