The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Tools, Shops and Shop Safety

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-17-2009, 09:55 AM   #51
Fraser Beatty

Re: Snap-On tools...Do you drink the Kool Aid too ?

Lots of other tool companies make cheaper-priced tools that are equal in quality and value to Snap On, at least in my experience. Like I said, my Dad's ratchet lasted 30 years, and that's with heavy farm use. When it broke, he simply walked into the store, and they handed him a new ratchet with no fuss. Now, the new ratchet doesn't look as heavy or durable as the old one, but it's a free ratchet and if it breaks too, we'll just go and get a new one. Another example I paid $70 for my 1/2 inch Power Fist impact gun and $40 for an air ratchet . Those things have balls, and have lasted 4 years so far with no problems. I bought all my ratchets, sockets, wrenches, screwdrivers, pliers, and other hand tools at Canadian Tire and Princess Auto, have less than $600 invested in everything.

I worked in an automotive shop for 2 years and my tools are used daily and beat on heavily at home on the farm as well. I have not had a single tool yet fail me or need replacing.

Also, aren't Snap On tools being made overseas now??? I heard someone say that the boxes and packaging are made in the US, which is deceiving because the package says MADE IN U.S.A., but the tools themselves are actually made overseas??? Not that it makes a difference since nearly EVERYTHING is made overseas nowadays.
1983 Chevrolet C10- SOLD
1983 Chevrolet Camaro- SOLD
1985 GMC C1500 (Dad's truck)
1985 GMC C3500 Crew Cab Dually- TRADED FOR 61 GMC
1997 Dodge Ram 1500 V6 Shortbox- Daily Driver
Fraser Beatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 11:22 AM   #52
lts70
1970 Daily Driver

Re: Snap-On tools...Do you drink the Kool Aid too ?

I lived in Guyana for a year as a missionary for my church. Before I got there I didn’t know anything about Jonestown. I was informed pretty quickly. Needless to say we did not serve cool-aid at our church functions. I miss that country and its slow pace simple life style.
Old 06-17-2009, 02:13 PM   #53
87 STEPPER
STILL PLAYS WITH TRUX

Angry Re: Snap-On tools...Do you drink the Kool Aid too ?

Well boys im here to piss in your Kool Aid and then you can poor it in the toilet i have 10000 $ of snap-off tools and it must either be that i buy the only tools that get discontinued or theres some thing odd about them cuz i have a large collection of broken snap-off junk that i cannot get replaced iv tried many different snap-off men and different states and i get the same answer or responce it's been discontinued or it's on back order WFT! Chuck what the hell am i suppose to do in the mean time? well i'll tell you BUY CRAFSTMAN TOOLS thats what! brake it no BS take it in get a new one no chasing down the truck cuz you cant wait for friday or what ever day the Crappy truck shows up where you work.

I will NEVER buy another snap-off tool for as long as i live!

BUT!

There is a positive side to this story i really do love the feel and fit and function or performance of my snap-off tools and they are very good quality tools iv had most of mine since the early 80's and still do but there return policy is retarded and when you pay top dollar for a tool it should NEVER! NEVER! BE DISCONTINUED OR ON BACK OREDR!

Over n out!

MY 87 STEPPER

MY 99 2D/WD TAHOE
87 STEPPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 02:32 PM   #54
87 STEPPER
STILL PLAYS WITH TRUX

Talking Re: Snap-On tools...Do you drink the Kool Aid too ?

I forgot to mention it in my other post but there is a Jones soda co. and they have a line of drinks called Jones Juice they have some really wacky labels and names like peachy keen and blue bubble gum and fu fu berry my fav was Jones Fruit Punch!! BTW that one has been discontinued for some odd reason!!!! go figure Lol......?

MY 87 STEPPER

MY 99 2D/WD TAHOE

Last edited by 87 STEPPER; 06-17-2009 at 02:35 PM.
87 STEPPER is offline   Reply With Quote