The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1988 - 1998 GMT400 Chevy & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds 88-98

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-28-2014, 10:15 AM   #1
Longmire85

2000 CCSB Rescue Project: "Doube D"

What's Up fellow Tailgaters!

My name is Chris, and I am semi-new to this forum, but not other forums or trucks in general. Since this is my first post here I'll take a minute to introduce myself. My older brother (by 20 years lol) has been into to trucks since he was a little boy. He was around for the late 70's and early 80's when the custom truck and van scene really started to flourish, and has been slamming and racing them ever since. At one point his garage at the house was dubbed "The House of Low." Naturally, his love for trucks has been passed on to his sons and myself. If it has a tailgate, we dig it. We are definitely one of those families with way too many projects, as our shop currently stores about 20 trucks. But hey, you can't ever have just one right?

So, its been a while since I got onto the forums and shared a project. However, this one should be worth sharing by the time its said and done. Plus, its always a great way to record your progress for future reference. So here goes:

My wife and I are expecting our second baby, and it was really time for a "baby hauler." Being 6'3", an extended cab wasn't going to do with two car seats in the back. This was the perfect excuse to find myself a OBS CCSB. I searched and searched for a budget builder, when I came across this one. A 2000 C2500 CCSB. The motor and transmission ran and shifted great, but the appearance was less than decent. It came with a 3" body lift which was one of the first things I removed. This poor truck had clearly been mistreated by its previous owners. What I basically got was a good frame, cab, motor, and tranny. Everything, else, including the interior was trashed. But hey, I only paid $2300 for the rig, so no complaints. I have purchased my replacement
parts from various donor trucks of the same color. After getting it back together, I plan on a 5/7 drop (keeping it 8 lug), and eventually swapping the old Vortech with a LS/LQ motor. I will post the "before" and "during" pictures I have right now, and will add new ones as I have time to make progress. If you have made it this far, I appreciate you taking the time to read! Now lets get on with some pictures!

Here are the before shots:

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

The "During" Pictures
This is where I am at as of July 27th, 2014. I will purchase my bed, fenders, and other misc. parts this week so I can start putting her back together.

Longmire85 is offline   Reply With Quote