The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-01-2020, 10:55 AM   #1
0ldSoul

My '63 Restomod Build

Where to begin? Well, the saying third time's a charm. I've had 2 other 63s prior to this one. The first one was a short bed, big back window, custom deluxe cab with many options. Swapped a 350/700 in it and came as close as needing a drive shaft and wiring to make it a driver before life happened. Wife and I needed to move out of state and sold that one for way too cheap.

Few years went by, we had kids and you know how that goes. Couple years later we found a project 1963, super cheap. Cheap enough that we brought it home and tore it down the next day just to find out it had a bent frame. Parted that out, made some cash while holding on to a few good parts.

Few more years went by. It's now been at least 12 years since the first truck. Looking back, I yearned for that same configuration. Short bed, big back window, deluxe cab. Man, you know the saying.. don't know what you got until it's gone.

I was searching the web one day just to see what was out there. Really wasn't even thinking about buying yet since I was about to leave on orders. I wanted something that was a driver so we could actually enjoy it while doing things to it here and there.

Then I found what we've came to call Ol' Blue. I know, very original right?

It's not a short bed big back window, but it will get there.

Anyway, everyone likes pictures so here they are.

Got it plated and took my oldest to the car wash

Last edited by 0ldSoul; 04-02-2020 at 09:15 PM.
0ldSoul is offline   Reply With Quote