The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-13-2024, 07:07 AM   #1
Belsh

Coil over single adjustable v double

I'm about to purchase the QA1 coil over conversion kit with upper and lower control arms for my 70' C10, just curious if you guys think I need the double adjustable over the single?
I came to the conclusion from previous posts on here that the QA1 is superior to the CPP so already spending more just not sure if I need to spend another $300 to get the double. My truck will only ever be a cruiser so don't need anything fancy geometry wise, I'm really just converting for the way it looks and the ability to adjust the ride height.

Thanks as always
Belsh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 08:42 AM   #2
Joyridin

Re: Coil over single adjustable v double

Unless you are going to race it where you need to set-up the suspension to certain situations, you are probably wasting $300. My truck rides great with single adjustable coilovers.
Joyridin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 10:31 AM   #3
PbFut

Even single is a bit much for a cruiser. I used doubles on a extremely modified road racer. After 20 years, I was still chasing my tail on the settings. Track condition, corner balance, tire pressure, bar size, spring rate, all affect the equation. Then fine tune with compression, and finally rebound on the shock. Change one thing and everything else is affected as well. I don't know the shock you are referring to, but I expect the single adjustable will be in the rebound side of things. That is good as it will affect ride quality the most. Do not buy doubles. You will never use the compression adjustment on a street cruiser. You will find that once you find the setting, you will not change it. Doubles are like having 800hp. You might use that level of performance a whole 2 or 3 seconds in a month. Only you can decide if it's worth it. I am just offering one perspective that I am sure others will disagree with.
PbFut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 10:37 AM   #4
Belsh

Thanks for that guys, I figured I didn’t need it but thought it best to check on here 👍🏻
Belsh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 01:43 PM   #5
HO455
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by PbFut View Post
Even single is a bit much for a cruiser. I used doubles on a extremely modified road racer. After 20 years, I was still chasing my tail on the settings. Track condition, corner balance, tire pressure, bar size, spring rate, all affect the equation. Then fine tune with compression, and finally rebound on the shock. Change one thing and everything else is affected as well. I don't know the shock you are referring to, but I expect the single adjustable will be in the rebound side of things. That is good as it will affect ride quality the most. Do not buy doubles. You will never use the compression adjustment on a street cruiser. You will find that once you find the setting, you will not change it. Doubles are like having 800hp. You might use that level of performance a whole 2 or 3 seconds in a month. Only you can decide if it's worth it. I am just offering one perspective that I am sure others will disagree with.
X2 on this perspective!
If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote