The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Forums > Alternate Tinkerings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-13-2012, 10:24 PM   #11
Secret Squirrel

Re: 1960 Biscayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoomin View Post
Feel free to post all you want on this thread - maybe it will help the next guy that comes along.
Sweet, I am the next guy and it helped me. I bought a 1960 Biscayne Wagon converted into an El Camino. It has a 1990 Camaro sub frame married up to the x frame with a sbc 350 and 700r4 trans. New wires, gages, vintage air, power steering, tilt steering (new style) with grant steering wheel, Tahoe 40/60 electric bench seat. Wife liked it so much she took the car from me.

Trying to find parts for this old gal has been challenging for me. The learning curve is very steep. All the chain auto parts stores irritate the snott out of me when they know nothing about cars but work the parts counter and rely on the computer. Most records they have only go back to 1962. But sir that car did not come with a 350, does it have a/c? LOL

The guy who built it did an awesome job, then he sold it to a guy who knew little about cars. She was abused for a few years then I got her. I need to get polyurethane bushings, body mounts, and a u-joint style rag joint to eliminate the rubber one and she'll be handling like a dream.

If I have questions on what a certain part is called I'd love to ask you guys for advice. For example a 55 rear end looks simular to a ford 9 inch to a young guy like myself!

here is a pic

1960 Biscayne Wagon/El Camino
1995 YJ 4.0 SOA SYE on 35s
01 Excursion Limited 7.3 PSD
06 Suzuki DRZ 400S

Last edited by Secret Squirrel; 04-13-2012 at 10:47 PM.
Secret Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote