The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board > 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans and PanelsProjects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-06-2009, 02:52 PM   #551
Number98
Prestige Worldwide

Re: LFD's 4dr Tahoe Build

This ride is really looking sweet Kevin!
Number98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 03:42 PM   #552
LOW DOUGH
I'M TRUCK CRAZY!

ok, i'm on post 117. got to go..... awsome. glad you decided to keep it.
LOW DOUGH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 07:02 AM   #553
Rokcrln

Hey all just a quick up date. No direct progress has been made and no work has been done!
I have been busy doing customer vehicles to build up the toy fund so I can afford my front tires, dual adjustable shock waves and the Accuride complete system. It will take longer than originally thought because we just dropped down to a single income house hold so my wife and can stay home and raise our son (worth every penny of the toy fund) so my shop money will be split between house hold needs and toy wants.

I have been busy in the shop installing a drop member in XXL's wallet eater over the last few weeks as well as yesterday I built a SS 3" oval exhaust for his insane HHR SS turbo'd DD. I am also working on a 68 Camaro that is getting a new drivers side quarter panel and wheel well, trunk floor and back window valance. Then once this is done XXL will bring his truck back for some other mods before I dive into a 41 Chevy truck full build.

Here are a few pics to keep you all happy for now!

Kevin
LFD Inc.

XXL's bagged truck next to my lifted LowBuck. Yes this is at ride height, dumped is frame on the ground.
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

HHR SS exhaust.
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

And the start of the 68.
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by Rokcrln; 05-04-2009 at 07:05 AM.
Rokcrln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 10:48 PM   #554
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokcrln View Post
we just dropped down to a single income house hold so my wife and can stay home and raise our son (worth every penny of the toy fund) so my shop money will be split between house hold needs and toy wants.
We did the same thing when my kids were little. Remember to make sure your wife feels appreciated. If she is used to working outside the home, there will be an adjustment period for being away from that environment. She may get frustrated at times and bored. Regular re-inforcement of how important the job of mom/wife, etc. is will help. We went without a lot of things during those years, but we have 3 great kids that I think are going to be pretty well adjusted, and I'm positive we owe it to those early years of sacrifice by my wife.

You're doing a great job with all of these projects. I always look forward to seeing your updates.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 06:58 AM   #555
Rokcrln

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgs_notes View Post
We did the same thing when my kids were little. Remember to make sure your wife feels appreciated. If she is used to working outside the home, there will be an adjustment period for being away from that environment. She may get frustrated at times and bored. Regular re-inforcement of how important the job of mom/wife, etc. is will help. We went without a lot of things during those years, but we have 3 great kids that I think are going to be pretty well adjusted, and I'm positive we owe it to those early years of sacrifice by my wife.

You're doing a great job with all of these projects. I always look forward to seeing your updates.

I could not agree more on all accounts! I am very attentive to her needs most of the time, that is why I am always happy We have already had the talk about staying home raising our son is more work than I could handle and it is by far the harder job. But like I said I feel it is worth what ever we have to cut back on to make it happen.

Kevin
LFD Inc.

PS since we can no longer edit posts what I meant to say is I am going with the full Accuair E-Level system in our Tahoe (as well as the 51 F1) not a Accuride! I keep calling it the wrong product but if you have not checked into this system DO before you spend your money on anything else!
Here is a quick link http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=341459
Old 05-05-2009, 03:34 PM   #556
70rs/ss

Kevin, if you weren't so far away, I'd love to have you do the quarter on my 70 camaro, it too needs a trunk (had rust and the PO put a new trunk on top of the out floors, so it is overlapped and not done correctly). and a new rear panel. Mine was cut off over 5-6 years ago and has sat ever since, waiting!! Lookin' good and glad to hear mom is staying home. My wife stayed home till my two boys entered Kindergarten, now she works.
70rs/ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 10:28 PM   #557
Rokcrln

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70rs/ss View Post
My wife stayed home till my two boys entered Kindergarten, now she works.
That is our plan as well so we will see how it works out.

Kevin
LFD Inc.
Old 05-05-2009, 10:57 PM   #558
70 Suburban
Rods

well the way we deal with it is. I encurage her to continue education. she is a lmt and she wants to be a lpt so I encurage it. help her and support her so when she is ready (and the kids are all in school) she can do what she loves.(and make money)
70 Suburban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 11:12 PM   #559
Rokcrln

Well guys no real Tahoe progress but I did add a new hot rod to the fleet. This one will be a work horse for moving trailers and pulling vehicles around as needed. It is a craftsman 16hp , 3 speed with hi/low range and it also has a 3pt implement attachment on the rear. I will mainly be using it for pulling my car trailer in and out of its parking spot and around to the front of the house. I have a great spot for my trailer right between my shop and my out building but it is a very tight spot to get back in their. It is right off an alley that has buildings about 15 feet away and the trailer is 18' plus the pull vehicle. So once I put a trailer ball on that 3pt I should be set. And yes it will end up getting rebuilt and some hot rod flair added to it down the road. Right now it just needs a new front tire and that is about it. I gave $250 for it and drove it on the trailer!

Kevin
LFD Inc.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 05-10-2009, 11:24 PM   #560
texanidiot25
Eat My Rust

So how are you going to put corvette suspension on this one?
texanidiot25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 01:42 AM   #561
gmbpmidway

you do some incredible work
gmbpmidway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 09:55 PM   #562
Rokcrln

Well rumor has it I will have a PBDMC4 at my shop by the weeks end. I will get the Tahoe back in the shop Tuesday and start the front end tear down and clean up. So come monday after noon we should be sitting nice and low! I just hope I am around for the UPS delivery

Kevin
LFD Inc.

Last edited by Rokcrln; 05-18-2009 at 09:57 PM.
Old 05-19-2009, 07:19 PM   #563
thelonerife

your tractor looks like an old gasser lol
thelonerife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 10:26 PM   #564
jugernot
Life, Be In It.....

Love the new tow vehicle. You need to bag it and put 20's all round.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=200082
jugernot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 12:55 AM   #565
Puropedo
Account Suspended

Congrats on that new old rig, (I grew up driving tractors) so I must say this is a classic! Good luck with the new family situation, I sure know your son is going to be one happy kid to have mom @ home!
Puropedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 09:53 PM   #566
Rokcrln

Thanks guys for the good wishes with the home front. All is going well and should work out just fine.

As for the ST-16 tractor it is a 1975 16-hp single cylinder and has moved the trailer around just great into it's new parking spot. Only problem is my son wants rides every night so our front lawn (really just green weeds) is starting to get a circle track look to it. I am sure the neighbors are just rolling their eye's at us

The Tahoe is all backed into the shop and I went down tonight and had the front 275/45-20's mounted up and they are ready to go. Now I just need to figure out some way to get that C4 front suspension mounted in their, any thoughts?

Kevin
LFD Inc.

PS I will get some pics up soon but I first need to figure out the photo program on this Mac that we just changed over to. I have always been a PC guy but so far this thing rocks.
Old 05-21-2009, 12:10 AM   #567
XXL
Seņor Member

Quote:
Now I just need to figure out some way to get that C4 front suspension mounted in their, any thoughts?
There's a guy in AZ who supposedly makes a kit to fit the C4 stuff onto these trucks. You should give him a call and see what his lead time is *cough*

Oh, wait... the tractor kit isn't available yet.

Last edited by XXL; 05-21-2009 at 12:10 AM.
XXL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 01:06 AM   #568
IvelDesigns
Commander Taco Bello

we use pretty much the same tractor to move trailers around up at my parents place. those old things work great. My dad has all kinds of those laying around, so if you need parts, hit me up.
IvelDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 07:22 PM   #569
Rokcrln

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvelDesigns View Post
we use pretty much the same tractor to move trailers around up at my parents place. those old things work great. My dad has all kinds of those laying around, so if you need parts, hit me up.
I need toe front mounting section for it! I believe their is a base that bolts to the frame then a fiberglass section that goes between that and the steel hood. Let me know.

Kevin
LFD Inc.
Old 05-21-2009, 09:36 PM   #570
SCOTI

Quote:
Hey all just a quick up date. No direct progress has been made and no work has been done!
I have been busy doing customer vehicles to build up the toy fund so I can afford my front tires, dual adjustable shock waves and the Accuride complete system..... yesterday I built a SS 3" oval exhaust for his insane HHR SS turbo'd DD.
I'm familiar w/those flanges you used on the HHR exhaust.

My exposure is that style of flange typically gets a flat gasket w/a 'rib' on each side that seats it within the flange. We have them in buna-rubber, a nylon/poly material, & a harder material our parts references refer to as 'tuf-steel' which is like a teflon coated stainless piece.

Max temps for our use is approx 250°F for sterilizing pipes. What gasket medium are you using that stands up to the exhaust temps?
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.

Last edited by SCOTI; 05-21-2009 at 09:37 PM.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 10:01 PM   #571
XXL
Seņor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
Max temps for our use is approx 250°F for sterilizing pipes. What gasket medium are you using that stands up to the exhaust temps?
Good eye. EGT meter is reading ~ 1300° coming out of the turbo. We're using custom fabricated composite gaskets... aka, regular 3" header collector gaskets ground down to fit

I'm waiting to hear back from one of the v-band clamp manufacturers on a high temp silicone gasket that fits into the grooves. Until then, no exhaust leaks so far *knock knock*
XXL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 10:26 PM   #572
Rokcrln

I just saw these last week in one of my many mags I get per month. I really need to find time to read them all if nothing else but for the new products.

V-bands http://www.deedsengineering.com/SHOP.../VBCK3000.html

Here are a few more pics of the Camaro I just finished up for a customer. I am posting these mainly because we just changed from a PC to a Mac and I am having a hard time with the whole pic thing so this is more of a test. I hope to have pics of the Tahoe and new front suspension very soon, I hope

Kevin
LFD Inc.
Attached Images

Old 05-21-2009, 10:33 PM   #573
Rokcrln

Last one of the 68

Kevin
LFD Inc.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 05-21-2009, 10:40 PM   #574
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

I love first gens, great work, as always
1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 01:30 AM   #575
PBFAB.COM

Something tells me you will be able to post up some pics of new parts tomorrow.....

Phone: 480-297-2621

E-mail: sales@pbfab.com

Find us on FaceBook under Porterbuilt Fabrication

Specializing in Chassis and Suspension Components for your Classic Chevrolet Truck.

We offer components from the following manufacturers:

Porterbuilt
Accuair
Ridetech (Air Ride Technologies)
Air Lift
Wilwood
Intro
Unisteer
ECE
Gotta Show
Air Lift
Borgeson