The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-20-2011, 02:33 PM   #1
justdueitt123

LQ4 to carb and now wanting FI

Kind of an interesting situation. I picked up a LQ4 out of a totalled 2006 Yukon about a year ago. For simplicities sake, I decided to go with a carb setup since the intake that was on the motor was shot anyways. Got it installed and it runs like a champ... My only issue is this past winter reminded me how nice it is to have a fuel injected setup.

So my question is:
Would there be an easy way to get this thing converted to FI? Anyone that makes an entire setup... intake, fuel rails, computer, harness?
justdueitt123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 02:40 PM   #2
HARJO

Re: LQ4 to carb and now wanting FI

Quote:
Originally Posted by justdueitt123 View Post
Kind of an interesting situation. I picked up a LQ4 out of a totalled 2006 Yukon about a year ago. For simplicities sake, I decided to go with a carb setup since the intake that was on the motor was shot anyways. Got it installed and it runs like a champ... My only issue is this past winter reminded me how nice it is to have a fuel injected setup.

So my question is:
Would there be an easy way to get this thing converted to FI? Anyone that makes an entire setup... intake, fuel rails, computer, harness?
In the summit catalog there are a handful of choices that are all inclusive TBI type replacements for carbs. Holley, Edelbrock and Professional Products are th main ones that come to mind.

I have my eye on the professional products one (Summit part PFS-70020)
4x4 conversion, 6" lift, 37" GoodYear Military OZ's, carb'd GMPP RamJet 350, Be Cool aluminum radiator, Flex-o-Lite electric fans, March accessory brackets, T350 trans, NP205, 4 wheel disc, fuel cell... etc.
HARJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 02:54 PM   #3
68Stepbed

Fast EZ EFI

You could also just get an intake, throttle body, ECM, and wire harness from a salvage yard. Nelson Performance makes a wiring harness made to adapt to older vehicles.

68 C10 stepside, LS1/700R4, TCI Engineering suspension system
68Stepbed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 02:59 PM   #4
HavinSomeFun
Still Just Havin Some Fun!

I have an extra intake with rails and a DBW TB if you want to do some swapping.. I don't have the harness. However, several companies make them to spec.
Old 04-20-2011, 04:44 PM   #5
justdueitt123

I wasnt really considering the carb replacement efi systems... would rather go with something closer to factory.

I was originally looking to do an entire 6.0 with harness swap but in all honesty I was a bit overwhelmed with the wiring portion. Could of had something to do with the fact that I replaced the entire chassis harness at the same time of the motor swap. One more thing to troubleshoot might have sent me over the edge! Plus i came across a good deal on my lq4 that had a bit of fire damage and melted the intake.

Any ideas on how much that Nelson Performance harness would run me? Would still need an ecu i'm assuming?

Seems a shame to ditch it .... looks mighty good sitting on top
Name:  IMG_0372.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  55.9 KB
justdueitt123 is offline   Reply With Quote