The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2011, 05:33 PM   #1
LUNATICS

Title

Does anyone know how to get a title for a 60-66 c-10 or has anyone got a junk truck with vin plate and title for sale?
Old 11-02-2011, 05:51 PM   #2
rockdogg2020

Re: Title

My uncle only had the bill of sale when I got my truck from him. I got a title bond, took it to the court house and was mailed a new title shortly afterwards.
Old 11-02-2011, 06:24 PM   #3
LUNATICS

rockdogg2020 that does work in some states, however NC does not work that way, I either need a title with a matching vin or I was told by the DMV to build the truck and they would send a rep out to inspect it when I was done, NC does not require a state insp on a truck this old but it would have to pass one being that it was put back on the street plus I have to pay a bond as well in order to get a title, its just a mess, didnt know it would be so hard to get a title, I have been looking on craigslist to see if anyone has an old parts truck with a title but no luck...i appreciate your info though.
Old 11-02-2011, 06:36 PM   #4
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

You do realize it is illegal to switch vins in Nc, right? Not being assy but have to close the thread as vin switching is a no no. Feel free to post the title q again if needed. Indemnity bonds are what most do in NC.
Closed Thread