The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-08-2010, 04:35 PM   #1
way2lo2
way2lo2

Anyone want Corvette Brakes for their C10?

I'm working on something to drive for this upcoming summer and was going to do a 13" C5 Front brake setup on a Mcgaughys drop spindle for my truck which has a dropmember so I'm running the 73-87 Spindles. I also have a new set of whitewalls that came with the truck when I bought it so I have decided I would run 15" wheels with stock 73-87 disc brakes so I can do the whitewall thing instead of the big brakes and big wheels. I was hoping I can get someone local that would be interested in this setup so I can install it and get some feedback. I would do the install free of charge just pay for the parts, or you can bring your own. The spindles and hubs I will need to supply since the Spindles had to be machined for the brackets that secure the vette brakes. I guess I would be easier for me to supply the aftermarket hubs as well, they are drilled for 5x4.5 and 5x4.75 but I can re-drill both the vette rotor and the hub to 5x5 for NO charge if you already have the wheels in that bolt pattern. I've done alot of these conversions on passenger cars with excellent results but this is the first truck I've done. If there is a lot of interest I might start offering these at a very reasonable price for a cost effective big brake swap alternative. If anyone has any ideas, suggestions, comments good or bad, I'd love to hear em'
Thanks
Attached Images

Last edited by way2lo2; 03-08-2010 at 04:53 PM. Reason: typo
way2lo2 is offline   Reply With Quote