The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Product Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-06-2001, 09:17 AM   #1
Yukon Jack
Post Whore

Post 4" Tuff Country lift install

The below link goes to my site where I detailed the installation of a 4" Tuff Country lift with a rear shackle flip.

linky

After I think 1 1/2 years I am still happy with the lift and would only make a few changes. First, I would have gone 6 inches if I had to do it over again. I would also have gone with a different rear setup. Since I am going with a flatbed someday in the future (meaning when I have extra $$) I would still do the shackle flip and then some conseravative 2 inch springs to get to 6 inches of lift. If I wasn't going with a flatbed I would have second thoughts about the shackle flip. The rear axle is moved foward a bit and the wheels are no longer centered in the wheel well. No biggie, but just something to be aware of.

I would also go with different shocks. I'm not too impressed with the Tuff Country shocks. I think I would like the Rancho RS9000 or RS5000's better. The front end can get pretty bouncy at times and I think better shocks up front would control that better.

I would definitely do the front shackle replacement. The ones I am using from www.offroaddesign.com are much beefier than the stock ones. I am also very impressed with the greaseable bushings that I used on the front and rear springs. Absolutely no squeeking plus added life.

------------------
1969 C20 4x4 with 4" lift and 35's
residing near Rose Hill, Kansas

Yukon Jack's Web Pages

Last edited by Yukon Jack; 01-12-2008 at 09:42 AM.
Yukon Jack is offline   Reply With Quote