The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-24-2021, 10:31 AM   #1
hairball

Speaker help

Good morning all,
Has anyone used the Undercover 2 speakers by Custom Autosound? I would like to mount them under the stock bench seat of my 1965 C10. I have the behind the seat gas tank. I have the Retosound Laguna radio with two 3.5 Kenwood speakers mounted in the original dash location so far. I do not expect top performance from this system but would like it to be somewhat decent. I don't want to cut anything. Thanks in advance, enjoy the rest of the weekend.
hairball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 02:10 PM   #2
The Rocknrod

Re: Speaker help

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairball View Post
Good morning all,
Has anyone used the Undercover 2 speakers by Custom Autosound? I would like to mount them under the stock bench seat of my 1965 C10. I have the behind the seat gas tank. I have the Retosound Laguna radio with two 3.5 Kenwood speakers mounted in the original dash location so far. I do not expect top performance from this system but would like it to be somewhat decent. I don't want to cut anything. Thanks in advance, enjoy the rest of the weekend.
There are a couple of people in this thread that have, might PM them and ask - http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=562859
The Rocknrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 11:08 AM   #3
vin63
It's Better With Nitro

I used them under the front seat of my 1963 Tempest convertible. They worked OK with the dual 5" speakers I installed in the original dash location. I did something similar for my C10 with the dash, but I used a couple of 6x9 enclosures in the cab corners.
Tubular front and rear suspension
Custom 6-piston front disc and 4-piston rear disc brakes
vin63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 10:35 AM   #4
hairball

I went ahead and ordered the Custom Autosound Undercover 2 speakers that I plan on putting under the seat. I may have to remove the seat adjuster rod, my seat sits all the way rear and I never move it anyway. The speakers get pretty good reviews so we'll see how it goes. Ther're just not too many options in my case. Thanks for the replys.
hairball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 08:24 PM   #5
zekecorn

Completed this install a few weeks ago. Undercover II's paired with a Kenwood KAC-M1824BT Bluetooth Amp. Sounds great but I did need to turn the low freq. way down and highs way up to balance the sound. Did that using the equalizer on my Spotify App. Very bass heavy with everything being under the seat until I adjusted that. Very happy with the upgrade and love how the cab looks 100% stock but has killer sound!
Attached Images

zekecorn is offline   Reply With Quote