The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-02-2007, 12:14 PM   #35
BigTex

Re: LS7 Engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkade View Post
Why not just buy a escalade motor and spend about 2 grand on it and make more hp and torque for around $3200.00? .... Just my 2 cents.
I'll see your 2 cents and raise you a nickel!

I have about $2500 in the LS1 motor and Magnacharger Radix supercharger. Using an LQ9 (escalade motor) instead of the LS1 with this supercharger won't net any more hp, but will have a bit more torque. The added 20 cubic inches difference for the 6.0 over the 5.7 pushes this specific supercharger out of its max efficiency range. The LS1 will allow me to spin this baby into higher rpms for more horsepower. Then add in the fact that the aluminum block of the LS1 weighs almost 100 pounds less than the iron block LQ9, and it makes my decision a bit easier.

If I decide to use a larger motor, it will either be an aluminum LS2 6.0 block, the newer L92 6.2L block, or a lot larger cubic inch LSX iron block.
BigTex is offline   Reply With Quote