The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-13-2008, 07:02 PM   #1
72Levi

RANT, Any Vendor want to sell me patch panels? Call them and No Answer????

Any vendor want to sell me some patch panels? Calling and NO Answer with many. I try to support the vendors on this site but its pretty hard not to go with LMC Truck when their web site is very easy to order from. I tried Tri-po and their site does not list what I need, I called them and machine says "Please leave your name and number etc..." UGH!!! I called Mikes bump and grind and the same thing. I called Brothers and stayed on hold and finally got through and the guy was poor on customer service and took forever just to look up a part I needed, I hung up after 10 mins. I am easy going and maybe old school. But I remember when customer service was #1 priority. I would have ordered on their sites but I can't find the panel I need. LMC lists it easy and I could order from them but I try to support vendors here. I need...

1972 Chevy Blazer

Frt Lower Quarter Panel both LH and RH
Rocker Panel outer Pass side (RH I believe)
Inner Rocker panel
Plug-Rocker Panel Access

In this recession, you would think companies would double check their order taking/customer service. I have not ordered parts in a while, maybe thats just how it is these days. Its a shame if it is, I have my own company and customer service is #1 priority.

Any vendors out there that want some business and more later? BTW I am looking for the best fitting/gauge panels, I heard Tri-Plus is the way to go.
2008 Buick Enclave AWD, Nav, & DVD, Wife LOVES it!
72Levi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 07:27 PM   #2
Classic Heartbeat
Project Junkie! Fishing Poor!!

Re: RANT, Any Vendor want to sell me patch panels? Call them and No Answer????

I have everything in stock and you can call me toll free 888-338-2502 WES
Call us Toll Free (888) 338-2502
Like Us on Facebook
No appointment necessary.
72 BB Chevy Custom Deluxe / Custom Camper
67 I-6 (Soon to be 5.7 LS1) Panel
68 BB Chevy Short Bed
72 6.0 LQ9 Short Bed Chevy 4X4
Olympia's fastest growing truck parts supplier.
Olympia's home for Wayward Chevys
Classic Heartbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 08:18 PM   #3
HoupPhotography

Well that was quick! Type up a little rant, eat breakfast and Vioala!

Just one more reason this site is so awesome, very cool to see a vendor step up!!
Old 05-13-2008, 08:41 PM   #4
Classic Heartbeat

Must have missed him, no call. WES
Like Us on Facebook
68 BB Chevy Short Bed
Old 05-13-2008, 09:08 PM   #5
Olden Days
Living In The Past

I have had issues with some board vendors not being responsive but everytime I called Classic Heartbeat someone has answered the phone and took my order.
Olden Days is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 09:17 PM   #6
72Levi

Sorry Wes, I'll call you this afternoon and order them. One more thing, are they Tri-plus or who makes them? Thanks for stepping up.
Old 05-13-2008, 09:39 PM   #7
Classic Heartbeat

They are Tri-Plus. I have a doctor appointment at 2:15 so I will be out of the office untill about from 1:30 to 3:00 pacific standard time. So anytime befor or after that will be fine. I will get your stuff ready to ship meanwhile. WES
Like Us on Facebook
68 BB Chevy Short Bed
Old 05-13-2008, 09:47 PM   #8
haysonj

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72Levi View Post
Any vendor want to sell me some patch panels? Calling and NO Answer with many. I try to support the vendors on this site but its pretty hard not to go with LMC Truck when their web site is very easy to order from. I tried Tri-po and their site does not list what I need, I called them and machine says "Please leave your name and number etc..." UGH!!! I called Mikes bump and grind and the same thing. I called Brothers and stayed on hold and finally got through and the guy was poor on customer service and took forever just to look up a part I needed, I hung up after 10 mins. I am easy going and maybe old school. But I remember when customer service was #1 priority. I would have ordered on their sites but I can't find the panel I need. LMC lists it easy and I could order from them but I try to support vendors here. I need...

1972 Chevy Blazer

Frt Lower Quarter Panel both LH and RH
Rocker Panel outer Pass side (RH I believe)
Inner Rocker panel
Plug-Rocker Panel Access

In this recession, you would think companies would double check their order taking/customer service. I have not ordered parts in a while, maybe thats just how it is these days. Its a shame if it is, I have my own company and customer service is #1 priority.

Any vendors out there that want some business and more later? BTW I am looking for the best fitting/gauge panels, I heard Tri-Plus is the way to go.
I've also had this problem with Brothers. Poor business practice if you ask me.
Old 05-13-2008, 09:52 PM   #9
space

I feel ya bro. I don't care how outstanding a person or their company is, if their customer service sucks or they take forever packaging/shipping/whatever, you'll never see my business again. They are very busy is not an excuse.
space is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 09:58 PM   #10
Classic Heartbeat

I am down to one Rocker Access plug. I have some on order, but I can send you the one I have.. WES
Like Us on Facebook
68 BB Chevy Short Bed
Old 05-13-2008, 10:21 PM   #11
72Levi

I just ordered from Wes at Classic Heartbeat, nice guy, professional, and quick. He has my business for now on, thanks Wes! BTW good prices also. Thanks everyone.
Old 05-13-2008, 11:02 PM   #12
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

wes is #1 from what I've seen (Granted, I've hardly ordered any new parts in years) and a VERY stand up guy.
Here's my story on Wes;
In January of 2000 I was on another message board (before I found this one) and someone said he was looking to sell a truck bed. I stepped up and told the cat we needed to know what he had, step/fleet, 6.5/8/8.5/9 foot... you get the drift.
Wes contacted me knowing I was into Longhorns, and sent me a photo asking if I was needing one.
I politely let him know I wasn't in the market and that I was just trying to help out. That's when i looked at the longhorn bed again, and saw it had a long piece of lower woodgrain tim that I desperatly needed, but couldn't find used anywhere. He informed me that it was a little kerfagled and he felt it was worthless and told me I could have it for 15 bucks and 10 to ship.
Here's the cool part.
I let him know I was stationed in Korea, and dead ass broke. Asked if he could just set it aside for a couple weeks till i returned to Texas and after one night at my second job, I could contact him and buy it. He said not to worry about it, no problem.
1 1'/2 weeks later, the day before I got on the plane to get home, the (at the time) wife told me there was a real long box in the living room for me.
I got home, there it was, a semi kerfaggled trim piece, fronted to me. I hammered it a little, installed it on the truck, delivered some pizzas a couple days later, and wrote Wes a note saying thanks for the part, and the trust, and the money I owed him.
I never knew untill 3 years later that I got it from a vendor. I posted this photo to show someone what a longhorn was, and Wes said "Wow, I scrapped that bed YEARS ago... I had no clue someone still had pictures"
When i was in Washington, I wanted so bad to stop by and see him, and was considering getting a couple new burb bumpers, but the time wasn't there, and the funds were questionable (with a 2800 mile trip in an unknown 36 year old truck)
I keep tellin myself that I'll be buying from him when I need new parts, but I usually make do with parts store stuff, junk yard stuff, or used parts from here... but one day... wes WILL get more of my money, becouse his buisness practices EARN my respect, and my buisness.
Attached Images

Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 12:01 AM   #13
jaros44sr

Cool story, Thanks for sharing this info. Nice to see that there are good people left in the world

All parts offered to help are free, unless otherwise noted

Dont try this stuff in my build thread, unless you have 55 years of mechanical OTJ training
SAFETY FIRST

AS usual, off topic

They say your mind goes second, can't remember the first

Jim
jaros44sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 12:05 AM   #14
El Jay
Gone to greener pastures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Man View Post
wes is #1 from what I've seen (Granted, I've hardly ordered any new parts in years) and a VERY stand up guy.
Here's my story on Wes;
In January of 2000 I was on another message board (before I found this one) and someone said he was looking to sell a truck bed. I stepped up and told the cat we needed to know what he had, step/fleet, 6.5/8/8.5/9 foot... you get the drift.
Wes contacted me knowing I was into Longhorns, and sent me a photo asking if I was needing one.
I politely let him know I wasn't in the market and that I was just trying to help out. That's when i looked at the longhorn bed again, and saw it had a long piece of lower woodgrain tim that I desperatly needed, but couldn't find used anywhere. He informed me that it was a little kerfagled and he felt it was worthless and told me I could have it for 15 bucks and 10 to ship.
Here's the cool part.
I let him know I was stationed in Korea, and dead ass broke. Asked if he could just set it aside for a couple weeks till i returned to Texas and after one night at my second job, I could contact him and buy it. He said not to worry about it, no problem.
1 1'/2 weeks later, the day before I got on the plane to get home, the (at the time) wife told me there was a real long box in the living room for me.
I got home, there it was, a semi kerfaggled trim piece, fronted to me. I hammered it a little, installed it on the truck, delivered some pizzas a couple days later, and wrote Wes a note saying thanks for the part, and the trust, and the money I owed him.
I never knew untill 3 years later that I got it from a vendor. I posted this photo to show someone what a longhorn was, and Wes said "Wow, I scrapped that bed YEARS ago... I had no clue someone still had pictures"
When i was in Washington, I wanted so bad to stop by and see him, and was considering getting a couple new burb bumpers, but the time wasn't there, and the funds were questionable (with a 2800 mile trip in an unknown 36 year old truck)
I keep tellin myself that I'll be buying from him when I need new parts, but I usually make do with parts store stuff, junk yard stuff, or used parts from here... but one day... wes WILL get more of my money, becouse his buisness practices EARN my respect, and my buisness.
Great testimonial.
Yu know where my money will be going when the time comes.

"Ah women. They make the highs higher and the lows more frequent." Friedrich Nietzsche

"Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day." Harry S. Truman

GUN CONTROL: Never having to say, "I missed you."

Always fire two warning shots into your attacker's chest area before putting a bullet between his eyes. Paraphrased from Louis Awerbuck
El Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 05:20 AM   #15
Classic Heartbeat

Thank you guys for the compliments, 72Levi You parts will go out first thing tomorrow. I didn't get them packed in time to beat the FedEx truck, and the Doctors appointment was looming too.
Wow, Andy!! I hadn't seen pictures of that truck in about 8 years!! I remember buying it. I purchased it on Thanksgiving Day 1988. Funny story, My son (who is doing his second tour of duty in Iraqu now) thought he would sneak out to drive it around the block while I was at work. Someone who knew me and the few trucks that I had, called me at work to tell on him. He was pulled over to the side of the road out of gas and they didn't want to see my truck go to the impound yard... Well to make a long story short, the truck never went to impound, but Mike did!! lol I just had to tell you that story, because that was the first thing to pop in my mind when I saw it... WES
Like Us on Facebook
68 BB Chevy Short Bed
Old 05-14-2008, 07:15 AM   #16
Spoof

I concur, Wes is all about customer service and has never let me down when I have a question. He's also been around since the get go.
Old 05-14-2008, 07:33 PM   #17
jostrans68
Jostrans68

I am partial to wes for several reasons Great guy full of knowledge and a true love for these trucks, always willing to answer questions stocks great quality parts, he has put a lot of effort into getting new parts made for these trucks.
An for me personally he is 30 minutes from my house LOL thanks Wes for everething over the years. Looking forward to making your BBQ this yr now that i have something nice to bring LOL Jack
Old 05-15-2008, 02:27 AM   #18
72BlckButy
Tot Roddin'

That's exactly what I love about this board...

1969 CST SWB - Project Blank Slate (4.5/6" ECE Static Drop, 6-lug disc brake upgrade (manual), Billet Specialties Vintec 20x8.5 255/40 (F) 20x10 295/40 (R), 250 I-6)
1960 AMF Skylark - Tot Roddin' (Lowered with custom frame; soon to include custom push bar and interior)
2008 Silverado CrewCab 1LT (5.3L, 3:73, 4x4, LT1, Z-71, Towing Package)
72BlckButy is offline   Reply With Quote