The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1988-1998 GMT400 Chevy & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-18-2012, 08:06 AM   #26
75ChevyGuy
GM Parts Guy

Re: 88-98 Chevy & GMC Heavy Duty Headlight Harness

Well if it's feasable, I would love to get my hands on one.
75ChevyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 05:21 PM   #27
VH Coachworks

Bump! Fall is here, and all the wildlife will be actively moving at night with the farmers in the fields harvesting there crops! Now is a great time to upgrade your headlight harness and boost your light output so you can see better at night!
VH Coachworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:47 PM   #28
minitruck_freq

do you have any of these available? i need a couple of them. how do i contact you? your inbox is full.

cody

95 Chevy 1/2 ton 2wd *under construction*
92 Chevy 1/2 ton 4x4 (my beater)
00 Chevy 1/2 ton 4x4 (wife's truck)
minitruck_freq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:10 PM   #29
VH Coachworks

Quote:
Originally Posted by minitruck_freq View Post
do you have any of these available? i need a couple of them. how do i contact you? your inbox is full.

cody
Hi Cody,

I apoligize for that, I cleared some space in our PM box so you can try agian to send us a PM again! If you have any questions, please feel free to ask!

Thanks,
Baron
Old 02-24-2013, 03:54 PM   #30
AuggieStyle

i am interested in the hd harness i have a 1997 gmc yukon and have a limited bumper with the fog lights in it . i also have daytime driving lights
is there a way to have fog lights come on with the head lights? i also have a set of PIAA 520's on the brush guard is there a way to wire those in for he brights?

my main concern is the fog lights in the bumper i can do with out the 520's being wired in. please in box me a price and payment thru paypal would be preferred.
AuggieStyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:48 PM   #31
VH Coachworks

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuggieStyle View Post
i am interested in the hd harness i have a 1997 gmc yukon and have a limited bumper with the fog lights in it . i also have daytime driving lights
is there a way to have fog lights come on with the head lights? i also have a set of PIAA 520's on the brush guard is there a way to wire those in for he brights?

my main concern is the fog lights in the bumper i can do with out the 520's being wired in. please in box me a price and payment thru paypal would be preferred.
PM Sent!
Old 03-16-2013, 07:55 AM   #32
orange72blazer

How much brighter will this harness make the headlights? I live out in the country & I can barely see anything with my dim lights on, I usually just drive with my brights on but even then its kind of hard to see, my lenses are a little bit yellow but not to bad.
orange72blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 04:43 PM   #33
VH Coachworks

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange72blazer View Post
How much brighter will this harness make the headlights? I live out in the country & I can barely see anything with my dim lights on, I usually just drive with my brights on but even then its kind of hard to see, my lenses are a little bit yellow but not to bad.
Hi There,

The HD Harness does truly make a big difference in light output. Due to the way that the OEM Headlight Circuit is set up, the headlights draw there power from the headlight switch; through ~16awg wire. This results in a fairly large voltage drop by the time that the power reaches the headlights.

With this harness installed, it takes care of that problem. The harness supplies your headlights with direct voltage through 12AWG wire, and takes all of the load off of your headlight switch. Which results in brighter headlights, giving you more light output being that they are getting the full 13.8V+ and allowing the headlights to run at 100% intensity.

Even on stock headlight bulbs, this harness WILL make them noticeably brighter. This harness along with a decent upgraded headlight bulb, will make for a WORLD of difference and truly make you feel like you are driving a different truck at night! If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask!

Thanks for your time,
Baron
Old 03-17-2013, 10:28 AM   #34
FIREBALL
(007) aka Houdini

Quote:
Originally Posted by VH Coachworks View Post
Hi There,

The HD Harness does truly make a big difference in light output. Due to the way that the OEM Headlight Circuit is set up, the headlights draw there power from the headlight switch; through ~16awg wire. This results in a fairly large voltage drop by the time that the power reaches the headlights.

With this harness installed, it takes care of that problem. The harness supplies your headlights with direct voltage through 12AWG wire, and takes all of the load off of your headlight switch. Which results in brighter headlights, giving you more light output being that they are getting the full 13.8V+ and allowing the headlights to run at 100% intensity.

Even on stock headlight bulbs, this harness WILL make them noticeably brighter. This harness along with a decent upgraded headlight bulb, will make for a WORLD of difference and truly make you feel like you are driving a different truck at night! If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask!

Thanks for your time,
Baron
Yeah, I have to say I'm very happy with my harness on my 71, now I've gotta get one for my 94 z71 (lol) i'll pm you soon in a few to get one for it. Thanks again and free bump for a awesome seller/products!
Old 03-17-2013, 06:56 PM   #35
VH Coachworks

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIREBALL View Post
Yeah, I have to say I'm very happy with my harness on my 71, now I've gotta get one for my 94 z71 (lol) i'll pm you soon in a few to get one for it. Thanks again and free bump for a awesome seller/products!
Thank you very much for the kind words! We strive to put out the best products we possibly can, and it means a lot to us hearing positive reviews of our products from our wonderful customers!
Old 08-08-2013, 03:12 PM   #36
VH Coachworks

To the top!
Old 10-04-2013, 04:36 PM   #37
86454k30

So do I just need to PM you my paypal address?
86454k30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 10:31 AM   #38
Dobok

Is VH Coachworks still open and/or around ! I am thinking about a Christmas present to myself this year !!Thanks
Dobok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 01:53 AM   #39
VH Coachworks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobok View Post
Is VH Coachworks still open and/or around ! I am thinking about a Christmas present to myself this year !!Thanks
Yes sir, we're still around! We've been in the industry for over 3 decades, and we're not going anywhere anytime soon! We've been absent from this forum for a brief time, but we'll be on regularly again now!

If you need anything, or have any questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86454k30 View Post
So do I just need to PM you my paypal address?
That is correct, if you would like to order a harness just shoot us a PM with your PayPal address!
Old 12-01-2013, 11:06 PM   #40
VH Coachworks

Bump
Old 12-09-2013, 10:28 PM   #41
TheBlueBomber

The problem I'm having with my HIDs are my drivers side headlight doesn't come on sometimes in the morning and I have to sit there for a while to get it to come on. Is that something that is happening because of the thin wires I used to hook up the 4 hi relay? Will this kit fix that problem?

1979 Chevrolet K10 Scottsdale - Carolina K10 -

My 4.8L Twin turbo build - Project Short Stroke -

Instagram - TheBlueBomber1996
TheBlueBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 10:51 PM   #42
VH Coachworks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueBomber View Post
The problem I'm having with my HIDs are my drivers side headlight doesn't come on sometimes in the morning and I have to sit there for a while to get it to come on. Is that something that is happening because of the thin wires I used to hook up the 4 hi relay? Will this kit fix that problem?
What you're experiencing could be a variety of issues. The most likely cause is that it has to do with the wiring; whether it be from the stock harness or the 4-hi relay you added. Even though it is on the drivers side, the passenger side ballast could be igniting first and starving the drivers side HID ballast.

With our harness, it would be providing both headlights 13.8V+ anytime your headlight switch is on, therefore providing the HID's with 100% of the power they need to run properly. As well as providing you with an integrated 4-High feature. It's always best to run a good HD Harness when running HID's, so that they have the power they need to run properly; also so the HID's don't overload the OE harness and headlight switch.

With a harness installed, if you where ever to have issues with your HID's, you'd know that the issue lies in the HID kit itself and not your truck! If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask and we'll be more then happy to help!

Thanks,
Baron
VH Coachworks
Old 12-09-2013, 10:58 PM   #43
TheBlueBomber

Sounds good. Yea the power is definitely going from passenger side to drivers side. I'll send you a PM with more questions. Thanks.

1979 Chevrolet K10 Scottsdale - Carolina K10 -

My 4.8L Twin turbo build - Project Short Stroke -

Instagram - TheBlueBomber1996
TheBlueBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 03:54 PM   #44
VH Coachworks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueBomber View Post
Sounds good. Yea the power is definitely going from passenger side to drivers side. I'll send you a PM with more questions. Thanks.
Alright, sounds good. We'll be more then happy to help answer any questions you have!
Old 12-14-2013, 12:33 AM   #45
VH Coachworks

Bump
Old 01-10-2014, 02:07 PM   #46
speedmachine

send you a pm and left a message on your phone. need an order update on my 1987 4 headlight harness.
speedmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 07:00 PM   #47
454_72_4X4

I've been wanting to do the 4 headlight high relay on my 93 for quite some time, but never got around to it.

Questions;
1. About where do the relays mount?

2. The 2 orange wires hook straight to the battery, correct? Black is ground of course. The 2 other plugs, (activation wires for the relays from the headlight switch I assume), hook into my truck harness where? (I've never seen that style plug-in in my truck is why I ask)

3. I don't care for fuses in the headlight circuit myself, Is there a way you could replace the fuses with circuit breakers? If not, if one fuse would happen to blow for whatever reason, I would lose both headlights, correct? Meaning both right and left side, low or high beams, depending on which fuse blew.
98 Sonoma (TPI outa the Trans Am)
03 Yamaha 660 Raptor
03/04 660 Raptor
07 700 Raptor
85 Honda Odyssey
454_72_4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 01:18 PM   #48
rideblue00

bware of doing business with this vendor, he took my money and didnt send the parts. there is a thread started in the vendor reviews about it. He wont call or email me back.
rideblue00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 05:07 PM   #49
Already Gone
70+ ( Old Skool Club )

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideblue00 View Post
bware of doing business with this vendor, he took my money and didnt send the parts. there is a thread started in the vendor reviews about it. He wont call or email me back.
Just aheads up here. I've dealt with Baron a few times and he has always been honest and up front. A year or two ago he was off the boards for 3/4 months and wasn't answering posts and then all of a sudden he was again and apologized for any problems anyone may have had because he wasn't around. By the way his products are top notch.

Members I have personally met: MusicMan70 - HeavyD - ChewyChevy67 - StingRay -71SWB4x4 - 67 Burb - DeadheadNM - too much stuff - bc65 - das601

" Circumsatances Do Not Change Responsibility "

" The Sky is not the Limit, Your Mind is." Marilyn Monroe ..

RIP Charlie Watts 1941 - 2021
Already Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 08:47 PM   #50
rideblue00

Well thats good to hear, but I got $127 on the line here and no items. if he has health issues, then he needed to have somebody take care of things for him. at least answer calls and emails.
rideblue00 is offline   Reply With Quote