The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > The 1973 - 1991 Blazers, Jimmys, and Suburbans Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-26-2010, 02:51 AM   #1
SBTork
Garage wrench

New DD....

Finally, I got one ok pic of the suburban I picked up last October. I bought it from a friend/co-worker of mine. It belonged to his uncle, who lived in GA. The body/frame has almost 500K miles on it and is in great shape. It had running boards and a different front bumper on it when I bought it. I removed both with hand tools and no penetrant, that's huge here in the midwest. It's a basic Silverado, pw, pl, ac, rear ac, cruise, 350/700r4. My plans for it are bodywork/paint, exhaust, lower it a good bit, tint front windows and drive it. I've been driving it everyday for the last month and could not be happier with it. Anywho here is a pic of it to hold you junkies over until I get some better ones

It has bench seating all the way up. I recently acquired a set of stock buckets and have a question. I have never been around these seats before so go easy on me if this is a stupid question. Does the dial knob adjuster for the recliner face the door or the console? I am unsure which is driver and which is passenger. I know common sense would say they would be towards the door panel, but you never know. Also, has anyone had to deal with a sheared bolt on a recliner on these style seats before? Seems like it should be an easy fix, but who knows? Here are some pics of the seats..

Any advice, questions, comments, etc is welcome

90 V1500 GMC Suburban 350/700R4/NP241.....
01 Saturn SL1 stock DD.....
SBTork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 04:02 AM   #2
1320n8

Re: New DD....

If you didn't get the buckets seats towers out of the doner burb you will have to make some for the inside front mounting bolts on the buckets. The dial knob adjusters goes towards the inside. Yes to me it seems backwards also. The sheared bolt on a recliner is a easy fix. I have did 3 or 4 of them though the years. Just work out the old bolt in the threads and replace with a good grade one. Try to find a factory or a grade 5 or better if possible. What are your plans for the suburban? I have two Suburbans, one 1/2 ton 350 with 700r4 and a 3/4 ton BB with a TH400. I am going to make the 1/2 [it's a 91] a DD. I would like to drop the front 3 in's and try to have a good rake to it......the 3/4 ton [it's a 89] is just my tow rig for my Camaro. Keep the pictures coming.....
1320n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 06:23 PM   #3
SBTork
Garage wrench

Re: New DD....

Thanks for the advice man. I would advise making the 91 into a DD, they ride awesome and have enough room for almost anything.

90 V1500 GMC Suburban 350/700R4/NP241.....
01 Saturn SL1 stock DD.....
SBTork is offline   Reply With Quote