The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-06-2013, 07:04 AM   #26
special-K
Special Order

Re: Survivor 82k 1972 Cheyenne - need help identifying upholstery?

This is a great truck for sure,but not what I consider a survivor. It's been lightly restored I'd say. On the Camper Special thing...although the GM option found on 8-lug trucks after '69 was called the "Custom Camper" option,many SPIDs were typed out listing it as "Camper Special". The option did not include the camper mirrors or camper wiring. These were options available on any truck. In '72 the factory step bumper was a one years only stamped steel. This bumper is aftermarket.

My '71 Custom Camper (Cheyenne) from Pennsylvania still had the built sheet,carpet tag under the carpet with date,original glovebox liner in perfect condition,as well as all kinds of original paper work in the glovebox in perfect condition. That's just one of many trucks I've owned where paper items lasted just fine. I've had local trucks,S/E trucks,and western trucks and never noticed any difference in paperwork lasting or not. The point is the theory on humid climates destroying paper doesn't fly.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:33 AM   #27
Mister-B
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
This is a great truck for sure,but not what I consider a survivor. It's been lightly restored I'd say. On the Camper Special thing...although the GM option found on 8-lug trucks after '69 was called the "Custom Camper" option,many SPIDs were typed out listing it as "Camper Special". The option did not include the camper mirrors or camper wiring. These were options available on any truck. In '72 the factory step bumper was a one years only stamped steel. This bumper is aftermarket.

My '71 Custom Camper (Cheyenne) from Pennsylvania still had the built sheet,carpet tag under the carpet with date,original glovebox liner in perfect condition,as well as all kinds of original paper work in the glovebox in perfect condition. That's just one of many trucks I've owned where paper items lasted just fine. I've had local trucks,S/E trucks,and western trucks and never noticed any difference in paperwork lasting or not. The point is the theory on humid climates destroying paper doesn't fly.
Just because you've had some trucks that had build sheets that weren't effected by humidity, doesn't necessarily mean that my theory doesn't fly. Humidity is hard on paper. That's a fact. http://www.ehow.com/info_8145756_har...ity-paper.html
Posted via Mobile Device
Mister-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 03:28 PM   #28
sodly

Did you ever have any luck repairing the rust and saving most of the original paint?

Custom Camper Club-- Own a 65-66 Custom Camper? Join us at: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/g...hp?groupid=117
sodly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 03:41 PM   #29
leddzepp

OP hasn't been here in almost two years.

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote