The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-24-2019, 10:52 AM   #1
blackhawck

LS swap in San Antonio.

I will probably need to post this in the LS forums but thought it might get more action here. I have a 71 k10 that I want to put a LS motor in. I work out of the country a lot and the truck sits plus not much time at home to keep fixing/tuning and keeping a 350 running right.
Does anyone know a shop in the San Antonio area that does LS swaps and knows our trucks, especially a K10? I’m actually in Bulverde but don’t really know many places around here.
blackhawck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 12:58 PM   #2
special-K
Special Order

Re: LS swap in San Antonio.

Well, since you posted here where I'd see it, I don't see your reasoning as valid. I mean, if you want to do an LS swap than go ahead. I'm not saying I'll never do one either. But I am just as fine with what came in these trucks as ever. Since around 1989 I have stopped winter driving my nice ones. So they sit for 3-4 months each year. The day comes to start driving and I hop in, start it up, and drive until the first snow. When I had several, one might sit for months during the nice weather, or not get driven all year. . The state of tune has never been affected by the sitting. I just got my '72 going last Saturday after sitting since the first week of January. Runs the same as when I parked it. I was worried about the same tank of ethocrap sitting in there, but no problems.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 08-25-2019 at 10:28 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 06:48 PM   #3
AussieinNC

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Well, since you posted here where I'd see it, I don't see your reasoning as valid. I mean, if you want to do an LS swap than go agead. I'm not saying I'll never do one either. But I am just as fine with what came in these trucks as ever. Since around 1889 I have stopped winter driving my nice ones. So they sit for 3-4 months each year. The day comes to start driving and I hop in, start it up, and drive until the first snow. When I had several, one might sit for months during the nice weather, or not get driven all year. . The state of tune has never been affected by the sitting. I just got my '72 going last Saturday after sitting since the first week of January. Runs the same as when I parked it. I was worried about the same tank of ethocrap sitting in there, but no problems.
Hey...special-k....how old are you mate? "Since around 1889 I have stopped winter driving my nice ones"....

2006 Chevy Silverado (Daily Driver)
2012 Chevy Equinox

AussieinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 10:30 AM   #4
special-K
Special Order

How old is the automobile? Obviously a typo. I fixed it and the other typo

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote