The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-13-2014, 10:22 AM   #1
harpo231

Question Seats that may fit in my 67 C10

I currently have a 67 c10 that is a driver. I have a crate 350 and TH w/shift kit
i also have the original seat that is in great shape but gives me back pain like a church pew.What I would like to do is find buckets and a console that may fit
without major modification. The tank is still behind the seat. Can anyone suggest a yr make model that I could hunt down that would fit.We have many places in the area for junked vehicles. I am not in good enough health to walk the junkyard all day just measuring seats so if anyone has any ideas where to start that would be great.
harpo231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 10:48 AM   #2
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

Re: Seats that may fit in my 67 C10

I have swap meet Misu*****i seats in mine, but they are high backs and some don't like that look n a rear window. I have a Panel so it's not an issue. Besides, it's my truck and I will build it the way I want. That said, there are almost limitless options but size is the biggest factor. I would pick a seat that was comfortable for me and not worry too much about the console since you can build one to fit your interior and needs(there are some write ups in the interior section. I chose the ones I have because of comfort, price (Fifty bucks) color and the fact that they were car buckets. This allowed me to use the original mounting points on the seats and the truck with adapter made from angle iron and square tubing. There's no doubt that later model seats are more supportive and comfortable than the originals and contain creature comforts never imagined in the era our trucks were built. You can choose heated, power (mine are six way) and other options. Look at the ones with a removable headrest if that bothers you. I can't tell you what will work best for you, but I hope I gave you some things to consider. There are some using later truck seats and they seem to like them well.
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 11:09 AM   #3
GMCGrim

Check out these websites:www.shop4seats.com and www.discountvantruck.com They both have new seat options you might like and in the end may be less money than trying to have an old seat reconditioned.
GMCGrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 11:45 AM   #4
crazychevyc10

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpo231 View Post
I currently have a 67 c10 that is a driver. I have a crate 350 and TH w/shift kit
i also have the original seat that is in great shape but gives me back pain like a church pew.What I would like to do is find buckets and a console that may fit
without major modification. The tank is still behind the seat. Can anyone suggest a yr make model that I could hunt down that would fit.We have many places in the area for junked vehicles. I am not in good enough health to walk the junkyard all day just measuring seats so if anyone has any ideas where to start that would be great.
i pulled mine from a dodge mega cab. they fit snug but are very comfortable! grinded some brackets used for metal fencing and it worked great for the seats!

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=647021
crazychevyc10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 12:49 PM   #5
hugger6933

The later chevy [99-07] I have tried myself but were a tad bit tight without a tilt steering wheel but that was almost a hundred pounds ago. Does that sound right? yes I've lost right at one hundred pounds. the thing about the seats from the Chevy/GMC is the seat belts are made into the seat so that is something else you won't have to worry about having to try to make up. Jim
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 01:07 PM   #6
Voodoo_Child

I personally like the 88-99 seats. the best IMO is the 95-00 rear crew cab bench.

cloth is out of a 94. second pic shows the plastic trim installed on the bottom and the seat belts out of the same truck.

other seat is the rear crew cab bench with the fold down center but no storage in leather.

I have a gray one that I will be installing when the truck and weather get better.

reason I like the rear out of crew cabs is they have the rails under them and the wear is minimal when not found in a work truck. same with the seat belts
Attached Images

Voodoo_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 01:09 PM   #7
hooverfish

Check out this thread by member SeniorVerde. He put Subaru seats and console in his truck and it turned out great..... good looks and comfort at a good price from the junk yard.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ghlight=subaru

"It's a sorry man who can't find his wife a good job"
hooverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 01:33 PM   #8
Fitz
Account Suspended

Quote:
When I bought my 67 Stepside the PO had installed the 2nd row seat out of a 96 Yukon Denali. Comfortable, but I didn't like the look. It did fit the original bolt holes and seatbelt mounts.
Attached Images

Fitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 04:53 PM   #9
harpo231

Thumbs up Re: Seats that may fit in my 67 C10

Wow You folks are on the ball.. Good Ideas ,, keep em coming THANKS
Old 11-14-2014, 10:12 AM   #10
Steve Cole

These seats came out of a 2001 Dodge Intrepid and are 6-way power adjustable. Console is from an F-150. These were supposed to be temporary while I had my buddy buckets redone but they are sooo comfortable, I'm thinking of having these redone and keeping them. Console is huge with tons of storage and built-in cupholders.
Name:  seat photo.jpg
Views: 6401
Size:  92.5 KB

Forgot to mention, the seat had the female end of the seat belt attached to the seat frame so I took the male end when I got the seats and had it installed on my aftermarket seat belts. Fits perfect and the seat belt doesn't "ride up" on you like some non-factory belts do.
Steve Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 11:54 AM   #11
harpo231

HEY STEVE
Those seats do look good (and comfy). Was there any probs getting them to bolt in ?
Old 11-14-2014, 03:16 PM   #12
alsriv2

Location: Formerly MD and San Diego, now loving life in Arizona

Great ideas here. Keep posting others that have been used successfully.

2012 Ram 3500 Dually Crew Cab 6.7 Cummins
2014 Palomino Columbus 340RK 5th wheel
'69 Chevy C10 396BB
alsriv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 07:49 PM   #13
Steve Cole

Quote:
HEY STEVE
Those seats do look good (and comfy). Was there any probs getting them to bolt in ?
It took a little bit. First I cut the existing mounting tabs off and welded 2" square box tubing to the frame on the underside of the sliders. On each end of the square tubing, new mounting tabs were welded on. I picked up the original bench seat mounting holes for the outside holes and picked up new holes for the inside holes. I mounted the seats so they would be positioned just like the factory bench would be using cab dimension measurements from GM assembly manual.
Steve Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 08:06 PM   #14
Tkmadone

I got these from the DiscountVanandTruck that GMCGrim linked to.
Attached Images

Tkmadone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 11:53 AM   #15
harpo231

Thanks for the input guys... I found exactly what i wanted at seats4sale.com
. Perfect fit and custom brackets that need minimal drilling. brackets bolt right to original mount holes then can drill bracket to fit seat framing. Did order the 40 20 40 Express lowbacks with the burl wood console top.Talked to my upholstery guy{my brother}and even with the family price for covering and refoaming late model seats and making brackets etc.He said It was about the same but he doesnt do the burl lid on fold down. Now waiting for them to build seat. And thinkin up more cool stuff to fix up on the ole girl.
Old 11-15-2014, 04:11 PM   #16
painterljp

I am loozing for a reproduction handle that will fit buddy buckets seat. It is a lever of sorts and I need one anybody got any ideas. Thanks am in nm my number is 505 264 4719 don't know how to work this site very well. Thanks
painterljp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 04:40 PM   #17
harpo231

What make ,model year,etc are the seats. there are sites that sell parts for older vehicles (thank goodness). Be much easier to help if knew what they were
from.
Old 11-15-2014, 05:22 PM   #18
painterljp

Quote:
What make ,model year,etc are the seats. there are sites that sell parts for older vehicles (thank goodness). Be much easier to help if knew what they were
from.
These are the original.buddy buckets that came in these trucks only in 1967 and 68. Just need the adjustment handle for drivers side the passenger seat is station ary.
Old 11-15-2014, 05:24 PM   #19
painterljp

Saw somebody on here had gotten handles machined to replace the original one. Looking for that guy or a used handle but has to look like original one. Thanks. You can reply to my email painter3011@gmail.com or call me at 5052644719 thanks
Old 11-15-2014, 05:27 PM   #20
painterljp

Quote:
from.
they are original buddy buckets out of a 1968 truck gmc to be exact.
Old 11-16-2014, 10:48 AM   #21
harpo231

They are the rarest of rare. That was 50th anniversary of chevy. Your best bet may be fabricate, any good mechanic with the right tools can do it.actually had a friend use tremelo bar from a fender stratocaster for a round lever fab job

http://www.rsac.com/index.php/processes << this place makes all kinds auto stuff in New Mexico
They in Albuquerque
Old 11-16-2014, 12:47 PM   #22
painterljp

Quote:
They are the rarest of rare. That was 50th anniversary of chevy. Your best bet may be fabricate, any good mechanic with the right tools can do it.actually had a friend use tremelo bar from a fender stratocaster for a round lever fab job

http://www.rsac.com/index.php/processes << this place makes all kinds auto stuff in New Mexico
They in Albuquerque
Then we will just some round stock and a solid ball bearing and make our own but was just figuring that if anyone had one. 72 Mike said he had some made in previous postings so wondered if I could get one from him. But guess not. I guess just heat us end then pound it straight so it will bolt up but getting the bend right without having one here is gonna be tough. Thanks.
Old 11-16-2014, 12:50 PM   #23
painterljp

Quote:

They in Albuquerque
Will make our own then. Just getting the bend in it in the right angle without actually having one is gonna be tough.
Old 11-16-2014, 01:01 PM   #24
harpo231

Aluminum welding rod is good for template making round stuff . Bends easy and can be adjusted easily .. Then transfer to hard round stock. Good luck !
Old 11-16-2014, 01:02 PM   #25
Ozzy2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkmadone View Post
I got these from the DiscountVanandTruck that GMCGrim linked to.
What kind and year are these from ?They look great!
Ozzy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote