The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-10-2019, 02:42 PM   #11
FAKKY

Re: 57 Panel "FAKMLC" build

Quote:
Originally Posted by yossarian19 View Post
Just to throw another option out there, had you considered using a VetteWorks type adapter, so you can run a factory fuel pump / regulator / gauge sender?
Not sure it's going to be any cheaper but I like OEM solutions when I can find them.
Well thats interesting.
Pretty sure Im going to go with the TANKSINC intank pump - they have been super responsive/friendly on the 2-3 emails I have sent and have heard nothing but good feedback on their pumps.

Tank is tricky part. Think ....

1) Im going to have to get my rearend dead nuts center and plumbdrop the center of frame to ensure i have it where its going to end up.
2) Mock up a 3" sewer pipe or whatever from the flange to the output so I can see where the shaft will be.
3) Create a few squares - 10x10 and 12x12 example to see both what the clearance from frame to driveshaft looks like all the way down based on position of tank.

Go from there. Its likely I might have to go a custom tank thats 10" wide .... I got a quote for around $400 shipped ..... but its steel. Would be clost to 20Gallonos though so thats a bit better than the 16 typical and then dont have to mess with the tire.

Other options considering ...

* Dual tanks and keeping them fed somehow
* Tank on on the otherside of the frame and run the fillup across
* Go rear - and move tire to back panel door somehow - hang on back

lol