The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Electrical > Truck Audio

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-19-2010, 01:18 AM   #1
C10longwb

dual amp wiring

hey guys I have 2 amps im wanting to wire up one is a 4 channel amp for the mids and I have a single channel amp for my sub I belive im going to run a capasitor in the system as well ive seen that the proper way to run a dual amp system is to get a power distribution box and run the main power source into the box and run one out to the 4 channel and then the other to the capasitor and then on to the single channel for the sub sence that ones going to draw the most current now my main question is do you have to run a power distirbution box or can you run your main power source to the capasitor and then just run 2 power souces out of the capastior and 1 to each amp...both amps are small single channel is only 250 rms i think 600 peak and the 4 channel is 75x4 peak and like 50x4 rms
C10longwb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 10:05 PM   #2
tubbedII
needs more $$$

Re: dual amp wiring

I wouldn't recommend running 2 wires off the capacitor since you would only be using 1 fuse for both amps that way.

With those watts, I'd also save the money and not put in capasitor. If you have issues with too much draw on bass hits, I'd look into upgrading the alt. first.