The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-02-2021, 11:25 AM   #1
Boog
laying low

The big Break Out of 2021

It's been a long hard year for all of us over the covid and it's effects on everything. With closures and restrictions being eased or lifted we are all thinking about getting out again and doing more normal things. The wife and I have been picking up food at take out only for a year and we had our 1st dine in meal yesterday and it was nice. Our governor lifted the mask mandate this week but we still use ours for now. We'll get our 2nd shot next week then we'll back off on the mask usage some.
By this time last year I had new tires on the truck, our 5th wheel camper washed up, serviced and a new set of tires on it too ready to go then our campgrounds were shut down and we didn't get to go anywhere. We've only been out of the county at all twice in a year.
We buried my mother in law this week after a 3 month decline in her health after being diagnosed with covid the day after Christmas. She was 92.
We seriously need a get away..
So what do you look forward to doing and what precautions will you be taking that you didn't use to going forward?
And please leave POLITICS out of this so it doesn't get shut down.

I've got to replace the fresh water pump on that camper and it should be ready to go, again.
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 11:46 AM   #2
57taskforce
All about them K’s

Re: The big Break Out of 2021

Sorry to hear about your mother in law, that’s a shame. Well I’ve just lived my life as normal as possible honestly in regards to precautions. I don’t wear a mask and really haven’t since the beginning... when Fauci said we didn’t need them, before he changed his mind 300 more times... I’m sure I’ll get flamed but I’m fine with taking my chances. ( haven’t been sick in the last year other than a stomach bug in December, although I’m fortunate in that I rarely ever get sick) I don’t plan to get the vaccine. Ive never really gotten flu shots either. I’m looking forward to going to some dirt and NASCAR races this year. Only going to one race last year sucked. Laps for charity driving my Camaro at on the track at Las Vegas motor speedway in January was a huge breath of fresh air. Im also gonna try to take the Camaro to Vegas again in the fall to run it on the road courses at the speedway during Camaro con. The sooner we all get back to doing what we love and living our full lives instead of essential lives the sooner all this nightmare will move on.
‘69 K10 SWB http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=805206
'98 Silverado LT K2500HD ECLB Vortec 454/4l80E: 6" lift 315/75/16's
‘87 IROC-Z all original 50K mile survivor TPI 305 IROC Blue
‘10 Camaro 2SS/RS Aqua Blue Metallic #93 -version 2.0
57taskforce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 12:29 PM   #3
cwcarpenter98

I've been doing my first full time job since January. It's just a tax season internship, but it has led to an additional part time internship this summer while I'm also taking a couple grad school courses. I ended up getting the 'vid in the middle of February, right before a lot of the tax returns started rolling in. Thankfully just mild symptoms for me.

Since I've already had it, I only wear a mask while at work because that's company policy. I have noticed that about half the people I see in Milledgeville wear a mask, the other half doesn't. I think at this point there's a huge amount of people that have either already gotten it or they've got the shot.
I use hand sanitizer after filling up with gas a lot now. Those gas pumps always be nasty

I'm planning on going to more car shows and swap meets this year. Hopefully a Nascar race or two and maybe even start the cab rust repair on my truck

1963 C10 - Frankentruck 283, 3 speed with overdrive
Overdrive wiring here
1963-ish truck bed trailer - Half-Wit

1981 C10 - Penny 305, th350

1995 Dodge Dakota Sport

"I'll put it simple: if you're going hard enough left, you'll find yourself turning right." - Doc Hudson
cwcarpenter98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 12:54 PM   #4
1976gmc20

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57taskforce View Post
Sorry to hear about your mother in law, that’s a shame. Well I’ve just lived my life as normal as possible honestly in regards to precautions. I don’t wear a mask and really haven’t since the beginning... when Fauci said we didn’t need them, before he changed his mind 300 more times... I’m sure I’ll get flamed but I’m fine with taking my chances. ( haven’t been sick in the last year other than a stomach bug in December, although I’m fortunate in that I rarely ever get sick) I don’t plan to get the vaccine. Ive never really gotten flu shots either. I’m looking forward to going to some dirt and NASCAR races this year. Only going to one race last year sucked. Laps for charity driving my Camaro at on the track at Las Vegas motor speedway in January was a huge breath of fresh air. Im also gonna try to take the Camaro to Vegas again in the fall to run it on the road courses at the speedway during Camaro con. The sooner we all get back to doing what we love and living our full lives instead of essential lives the sooner all this nightmare will move on.
Same here except the racing really isn't my thing.

Montana is pretty much normal, but we haven't eaten out for a year now. We started just taking a snack box for our days in town instead of getting lunch somewhere. We never really had dinner out because who wants to drive three hours round trip just for dinner and come home late?

We were hoping to maybe go visit our grandkids but things are still weird enough some places that I don't want to risk getting stuck somewhere. So that doesn't look like it will happen, but sometime I really need to get down to southern Colorado to take care of something. I really have no idea what life is going to look like this year, and it seems like things are getting a lot worse instead of better on a national level.
1958 Chevy C-60; 1965 GMC C-50; 1965 Chevy C-10; 1971 Chevy K-10; 1973 Chevy K-20; 1976 GMC C-20; 1977 Chevy C-10 Suburban; 1980 Chevy K-10; 1989 Chevy K1500; 1991 GMC V1500 Suburban; 2016 Chevy K2500 HD

Other vehicles: 1988 Jeep XJ; 2011 Toyota 4Runner
1976gmc20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 05:07 PM   #5
'63GENIII

Sorry to hear about your Mother in Law passing Boog. A loved ones passing is never easy. The last year seems to have compounded the grief and targeted the more vulnerable among us.

My 2nd installment is today in a couple of hours. Not looking forward to any side affects but that's just because it might mess up the weekend . I was a bit hesitant to get the shot at first but with what I've seen at work and all, Ill take my chances with it. I mask up most anytime Im out of the house in public or outside of the vehicle. Ive worn one for work for the last 35 years so its really not that much of a change but I am beyond ready to see these masks be the exception rather than the rule. Wash my hands a more frequently especially working at an international airport.

Yes CW, the pump handles have always been nasty!

This last year has kind of forced me to be home more than usual except for necessary trips out and emergency calls. I wasn't a big crowd kind of person to begin with anyhow. I normally work a lot. 60 - 70 hours a week. Thats slowed considerably. Not BC the work isn't there, just needed to be home more.

I have had more time to spend with the kids, get to know my neighbors, talk with my parents (albeit from 20' away ) and start more projects than I could finish in 10 years of lockdown . Ive gone MX riding with the boy at least twice a month nearly all the last year and a few trips with my family to my folks cabin that they can't get to anymore. In a weird way the pandemic has actually had a more positive than negative effect on my life and I think I will try and continue with the positive activities that its brought about.

I might have to cut back a little on the Sourdough bread that my wife learned to make although its tough when she matches it up with some home made soup. Heck, the bread is good with a bowl of hot water! Ive gained 20-25 lbs and I really don't want to buy a bunch of new pants.

I have been having a bad jones to take a trip to Hawaii to visit my wife's sister and brother in law. Never been. I have been thinking about it a lot so that must mean that I should look into it more. Ive never been a big traveler. Maybe thats changed too.

'63 k15 long step
Vortec 7.4 - L29 Blackbear tune, Five 0 Motorsports injectors, Chris Straub Cam, NV4500, divorced 205
52" front and 63" rear spring swap
D44 / 14bff - disc axles
Milemarker 9K and 10.5K hydraulic winches

63" & B52 Spring Install http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ng+swap+thread

NV4500 Reverse Build Thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=reverse+build

L29 - 7.4 Vortec Build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...&highlight=L29
'63GENIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 06:27 PM   #6
GOPAPA
"Tail Gate Best Seat In House"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1976gmc20 View Post
Same here except the racing really isn't my thing.

Montana is pretty much normal, but we haven't eaten out for a year now. We started just taking a snack box for our days in town instead of getting lunch somewhere. We never really had dinner out because who wants to drive three hours round trip just for dinner and come home late?

We were hoping to maybe go visit our grandkids but things are still weird enough some places that I don't want to risk getting stuck somewhere. So that doesn't look like it will happen, but sometime I really need to get down to southern Colorado to take care of something. I really have no idea what life is going to look like this year, and it seems like things are getting a lot worse instead of better on a national level.
1976gmcc20
cwcarpenter 98
Sorry your wife lost her mother Boog ,,and you lost your mother in law .. happy she made it into here 90ies .
I fit into what these two fellas said pretty much ,I very rarely get a cold or flu,, but our grandchild goes to child care and brought me a cold ,, of course I can trace that back to that one day she used my face to rub snot off hers,,, it;s hard to not pick up a sweet little gal like her at 1 1/2 years old .

Last edited by GOPAPA; 04-04-2021 at 06:41 PM.
GOPAPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 07:15 PM   #7
Boog
laying low

Thank you fellas. She lived a full life.

Old 04-05-2021, 07:25 PM   #8
Low Elco

Sorry to hear it, Boog. I lost one friend and came last rites close to losing 2 more.

We're kinda homebodies, so it didn't affect us much at all. I got a new job and I finished one frame off and finished another and did work on the drivers in between. Then I got stupid and bought a boat. Over the last several years, I have been informed by family and friends that I work too much. So, hopefully we're gonna hook up and run south to the big water a few times in the hot months, and do some more car things this summer.
Low Elco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 07:58 PM   #9
1976gmc20

It's been a tough year, but I'm actually glad that my mom didn't live to see all this nonsense.
1958 Chevy C-60; 1965 GMC C-50; 1965 Chevy C-10; 1971 Chevy K-10; 1973 Chevy K-20; 1976 GMC C-20; 1977 Chevy C-10 Suburban; 1980 Chevy K-10; 1989 Chevy K1500; 1991 GMC V1500 Suburban; 2016 Chevy K2500 HD

Other vehicles: 1988 Jeep XJ; 2011 Toyota 4Runner
1976gmc20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 10:43 PM   #10
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Sorry to hear the bad news Boog. I have to go to So.Cal. to see my mom on the 15th. She's 90 and not doing well. It'll probably be the last time that I ever see her.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Every day is a gift from God.
FleetsidePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 11:16 PM   #11
Boog
laying low

Don't miss that trip Paul.

Old 04-06-2021, 12:08 AM   #12
lux

Sorry about your Mother in law Boog. We lost my mom to Covid as well.

We are going for our first outing this weekend. It's called The Texas Fandango in Fredricksburg, TX. It's a big classic motorcycle show, swap meet and even flat track racing. Most all of it is out doors, we have had our shots and will wear our masks. So I feel good about going. It got cancelled last year so I'm happy they get to put the show on. Also I went to the barber for the first time last week end. The barber asked what I had been doing for hair cuts and I told him I've been using the dog's sheers in the mirror. He asked about the back and I said I couldn't see that part in the mirror so it didn't matter to me. He said he could tell.
lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 07:58 AM   #13
Keith Seymore

Sorry to hear your sad news, Boog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Elco View Post
We're kinda homebodies, so it didn't affect us much at all.
This is me.

I'm working from home and getting a lot done around the house and in the garage.

I only had one race last year, so I'd like to do more of that.

Other than that: I'm pretty happy with this level of social interaction.

K
1986 - 2019
Intro from an Old Assembly Guy: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=342926
My Pontiac story: http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=560524
Chevelle intro: http://www.superchevy.com/features/s...hevy-chevelle/
Keith Seymore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 08:00 AM   #14
Keith Seymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by lux View Post
Also I went to the barber for the first time last week end. The barber asked what I had been doing for hair cuts and I told him I've been using the dog's sheers in the mirror. He asked about the back and I said I couldn't see that part in the mirror so it didn't matter to me. He said he could tell.
Good point.

I should probably go get a proper hair cut.

I've been letting my hair grow out and it's starting to get kinda wild.

K
Attached Images

1986 - 2019
Intro from an Old Assembly Guy: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=342926
My Pontiac story: http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=560524
Chevelle intro: http://www.superchevy.com/features/s...hevy-chevelle/
Keith Seymore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 08:06 AM   #15
67C10Step

Sorry about your mother in law, Boog. I lost my father in law back in late August after about a year of serious decline. He as 75 and we really miss him. Spent a lot of time with him and he really was like a second father to me. One of the smartest men I have ever known. Air Force in the 60's and his job was to keep that fledgling system that became the internet up and running. Worked for IBM from the early 70's to mid 80's when he started his own computer business.

The past year has really been a different time. I work from home so other than minimal travel, I have stayed pretty busy. I've not been to my "real" office in Memphis in about 15 months and have not laid eyes on my boss in person in over a year. Wife and I both got the virus back in January and other than minor symptoms we recovered quickly.

We have booked a house in the Smokey Mountains in June and are going to take our two college aged kids and their boyfriend/girlfriend out there. None of us have ever been so we are looking forward to it. I have a flyer on my desk for a car show in Greers Ferry on April 24 and since that isn't too far from my hometown I plan on going if the weather is nice.
2020 Toyota CH-R
2020 Acura MDX
67C10Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 08:09 AM   #16
61_FL_Apache
Who Me?

Sorry to hear about your mom Boog! That is never easy..

I cant wait till they lift the mask mandate in FL too.. I have had enough of this mess. I get my 2nd shot at the end of the month and im ready to get back into trouble again

1997 Tahoe LT 4D 2WD (DD)
1961 Apache 10 (sold)
1965 C10 Stepper (sold)
61_FL_Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 11:10 AM   #17
LockDoc
The Older Generation

-
It's always hard losing a family member that you care about, no matter how old they are. Sorry about the bad news you shared.

I often think about family members that are gone. My Grandfather on my dads side died the year I was born so I never got to meet him. I often wonder what he was like. I know he played the banjo because we have a couple of pictures of him holding it.

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 05:47 PM   #18
Low Elco

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67C10Step View Post
Sorry about your mother in law, Boog. I lost my father in law back in late August after about a year of serious decline. He as 75 and we really miss him. Spent a lot of time with him and he really was like a second father to me. One of the smartest men I have ever known. Air Force in the 60's and his job was to keep that fledgling system that became the internet up and running. Worked for IBM from the early 70's to mid 80's when he started his own computer business.

The past year has really been a different time. I work from home so other than minimal travel, I have stayed pretty busy. I've not been to my "real" office in Memphis in about 15 months and have not laid eyes on my boss in person in over a year. Wife and I both got the virus back in January and other than minor symptoms we recovered quickly.

We have booked a house in the Smokey Mountains in June and are going to take our two college aged kids and their boyfriend/girlfriend out there. None of us have ever been so we are looking forward to it. I have a flyer on my desk for a car show in Greers Ferry on April 24 and since that isn't too far from my hometown I plan on going if the weather is nice.
If it's near Gatlinburg, it's awesome. Go up to Clingman's dome, the drive's worth it. Don't know your feelings on "spirited" driving, but if you get the chance, Try The Dragon just south of Knoxville. 318 curves in 11 miles. I wanna go back so bad!
Low Elco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 09:51 AM   #19
special-K
Special Order

I'm sorry to hear of your mother in law passing and that it was a three month long demise from the virus. She may have lived years longer. My mom will turn 91 the end of May. Folks of age are so precious. They are the ones I am most concerned with through this whole Covid ordeal. My mom has had her shots, my sister and b.i.l. got their second on Easter. I saw my mom for the first time since it all came about two weeks ago when my sister and I rode up to get my first shot. My second shot falls on the Saturday of Spring Carlisle. I'll pack up and head out in the morning

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote