The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-04-2021, 08:41 PM   #1
Andy4639
Old member

Question Why???

I was just looking over the board and threads. Why is it there seems to be so many people that have to condemn other peoples trucks are things they do to them? I always came here for idea's and inspiration, not to laugh and condemn some ones stuff.
I just get the feeling some people are just not happy unless they can find something wrong with another's stuff. Anybody else feel this way?

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 09:11 PM   #2
weasel29gm
SLOW BUT SURE,BUT CLOSER

Re: Why???

Well said I won't put down someone's ride. Maybe question why on some stuff but not to their post or face if in public. But this is like the world always someone has to say stupid stuff.
69 C-10, OWNED 35YRS... 350 over 30, 350 Turbo, 3:73 Posi P/S, P/B Black with red and black int. ''LOVE THESE OLD ''TRUCKS.......
weasel29gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 09:19 PM   #3
67C10Step

Some folks are bitter inside but I think too many have grown up with or gotten used to saying anything online that pops in their head. I personally treat my posts like a face to face conversation. If I wouldn’t say it standing in front of you then it doesn’t need to be said online.

Plus, while some builds aren’t my thing I appreciate all of them. From the rusty road truck to the $100,000 build. They are all trucks that were saved from time and the elements. While I prefer driver trucks I like to see them all. Everyone has their preference and budget.

L
2020 Toyota CH-R
2020 Acura MDX
67C10Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 09:46 PM   #4
starterman99

This is one of the reasons I quit taking my truck to shows. You are sitting close by and some know it all points out everything he doesn't like about your hard work and money spent and how he would have done it differently.
Old 04-04-2021, 10:01 PM   #5
72gmguy

All that said...if you’ve been on other forums this one is a pleasure to be a part of! It happens here but not to the degree it happens elsewhere.

1969 Blazer 4x4 original cst
1971 Blazer partial 2wd convert
1972 Blazer 4x4 original cst
1970 Blazer 4x4 w/ 2 1/2in lift and 33in tires w/4 wheel camper
1970 4x4 suburban w/ 6in lift and 35in tires
1968 Corvette convertible
1970 Malibu convertible
1959 Brookwood wagon
1972 International Scout ii
72gmguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 10:14 PM   #6
LS short box

Most people that seem to have an opinion about some ones else's build most times haven't built anything themselves.
I'm a LS guy so I've many comments on how my projects would be so much cooler if they had a more traditional engine swap.
My 98 Wrangler has a LS6/4L60E swap and I had guy (serious Mopar guy with daddy's money) walk up and said it would really be cool if it had a hemi. I asked him how many late model hemi swaps he had done? He just walked away.
Most of the meat heads that put your ride down haven't driven a late model engine swap. No clue on how well they can run.
Nothing against stock or semi stock rebuilds.
My current build is a 1980 Camaro. 28000 mile no rust car. Was a 229 V6/3 speed. No chance that was going to stay. Just getting ready to install a 2012 6.2/4L60E combo.
Trouble is I like all hot rods and I would love to do a late model hemi or 5.0 Ford swap but due to the size of the engine it kind of limits the cars they can go into.
LS short box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 10:31 PM   #7
Andy4639
Old member

Agree, I like everything in general. I have seen things I didn't under stand sometimes but that doesn't mean it's not the right way. I have seen young guy's do things that I never would have done either but I don't put them down for it. I do ask questions though and I do try and explain things sometimes.

Yes I'm member of several boards on the net and some are just ridicules. I was a big fan on ChevyTalk for my 56 & 64 SS Impala but it got to the point that since they weren't stock it was like I shot some ones mother. I haven't posted in a long time there. I just don't understand people who think because they don't do it that it's wrong.

Upstate SC GM Truck Club

After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Old 04-04-2021, 11:14 PM   #8
Getter-Done

Andy
I noticed this issue today.

I seen the thread that sparked this.

I pick and choose what I respond to now.

(personally)
I am just trying to help and share info here on the forum.
(Period)

I am not on here to say that my way is the only way to do it.

I have been slammed by several people on here in the past.

I just let it go now

I am close to a lot of ya'll here on this forum.

So I will not take sides.

I think the comments that were made/

Was not well thought out.

Probably wasn't meant to be as bad as it was
typed.

Got a golf cart issue I will get with you on soon.

I need your advise.

Several projects in the way before I need to do this

Talk to you soon

63 Impala (my high school car)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...Crew Cab Build
Getter-Done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 12:15 AM   #9
Sheepdip

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72gmguy View Post
All that said...if you’ve been on other forums this one is a pleasure to be a part of! It happens here but not to the degree it happens elsewhere.
I'll agree for sure on other forums they have a handful of know it all, my way is they only way keyboard bullies. I simply do not partake in those, at first I was surprised the moderators allowed it, then I finally came to the conclusion they must be just like them.
Sheepdip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 12:28 AM   #10
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

I like it when chicks fight. Sometimes they rip their tops and you can see their boobies. Now that's entertainment.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Every day is a gift from God.
FleetsidePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 02:00 AM   #11
dagnabbitt

Just wanted to say that I haven't seen the post or thread in question, but I have always found this forum to be friendly and encouraging. I've been here long enough that I seek out certain people's opinions and search their posts to see if they might have said something I missed. If I ask the forum what they think, the members might not pull punches, but hey, I did ask.

That said, I hate to say it, but: the criticism of other people's rides seems to be a problem with many car people in general. I've noticed it since I was a kid, no one is happy unless they are trashing another guy's ride... behind his back, or - now - online. It's one of the reasons why my interest in "our thing" is something I pursue on this forum and hardly anywhere else... I don't hang out with too many people with the same interest as me in my day to day real life.

Just my opinion. But I really don't see this kind of behaviour from people who are into boats... or... whatever other people are into.
1967 K20
1968 C20
1970 C10
1972 GMC 2500
1981 C10
dagnabbitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 03:23 AM   #12
franken

About all I see on most sites are words such as "not my taste" or similar not so bad things. If that bothers people, maybe they should lighten up.
To be contrarian for a laugh, or go in the opposite direction (which is a usual test of a theory), why shouldn't people disagree with others?
Maybe we should be able to tolerate other people's opinions while having ours.

Last edited by franken; 04-05-2021 at 04:11 AM.
franken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 08:42 AM   #13
72c20customcamper

I may not like what others have done . But I wont put down someone's ride everyone's taste is different in there vision . If someone asks I politely tell them my feelings .

I'm on another site a firewood site that people get put on suspension and outright banned regularly . It's a big distraction.
1969 AMX ,
1968 c20 stepside ,85 K20
1977 Suburban sold
68 anniversary.
72c20customcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 10:42 AM   #14
blazer2007

I had one guy along time ago made a remark about me being from Canada., I guess he could,t come up with a snappy reply
blazer2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 10:48 AM   #15
1976gmc20

I am not a builder or restorer. I just love old Chevy/GMC trucks and joined the forum some years ago for information about how to keep stuff running. It's pretty friendly here so it's become my online pub

That said, I don't care for lowered pickups at all but I try to keep quiet about it. I scroll past quickly or just close the thread on things I don't want to look at.

I do speak up sometimes if somebody is talking about doing something I would consider dangerous like towing with an inadequate vehicle or one that's been inappropriately modified for that purpose. I've towed some heavy stuff with too light of a pickup in the past so I've got some "experience" with that
1958 Chevy C-60; 1965 GMC C-50; 1965 Chevy C-10; 1971 Chevy K-10; 1973 Chevy K-20; 1976 GMC C-20; 1977 Chevy C-10 Suburban; 1980 Chevy K-10; 1989 Chevy K1500; 1991 GMC V1500 Suburban; 2016 Chevy K2500 HD

Other vehicles: 1988 Jeep XJ; 2011 Toyota 4Runner
1976gmc20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 01:45 PM   #16
61_FL_Apache
Who Me?

I have not noticed this issue much on this forum. I have been criticized from other hobby forums which I'm no longer a part of. With some forums everyone is an expert and your always doing in wrong. Pretty much anyone in the animal related forums are the worst. Im talking about fish and reptiles. Learned my lesson there.

1997 Tahoe LT 4D 2WD (DD)
1961 Apache 10 (sold)
1965 C10 Stepper (sold)
61_FL_Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 01:47 PM   #17
SCOTI

I guess I'm the only one. I'll admit it; I'm one of those guys that will say something about someone's ride to a buddy @ a show. If the owner is within hearing distance, it is what it is. I'm not saying something to diminish their effort or to be mean. it will usually be a comment identical to the topic of this thread: Why?

Usually my comments will be focused/based on priorities. ...

The guy that has 6k in the latest huge x huge billet bling wheels but no front shocks
A dually c-notched w/only 1.25" of frame rail height above the axle tube saying how it's solid/safe enough because the c-notch is something everyone uses & the frame is boxed
The turbos poking out from the hood complete w/some bull-horns through the fenders in a cavernous engine compartment to have that current 'trendy look'
Color coordinated split loom for every inch of exposed 'new' spliced into 'old' wiring in the engine compartment.
The old Edelbrock/Weiand or clone triangle foam air cleaner on the 60's/70's era muscle-car
The import/early or late model truck/car that's so low the vehicle is beat to heck (leaky exhaust from dragging/contact damage, visible damage to sheet metal, trashed engine compartment because of no inner wheel tubs, etc).... but hey, they're 'lower than you'.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 03:32 PM   #18
1slo64

I always welcome criticism and I'm not afraid to give my opinion online or in person.
Old 04-05-2021, 05:22 PM   #19
LT7A

I look at being on a forum like this as being an advocate for the hobby. We encourage each other to make progress, laugh about stuff only truck guys would understand, and help each other find things and fix things. If not, why do it? Forums are generally things of the past in regards to the folks who have moved on to instagram, etc. Forums however, are a much better platform for sharing information. Don't get me wrong, I have an IG account, but I see it as entertainment primarily. Here, I learn and take notes. And somebody who takes the time to make a negative post distracts from that, but even worse they may convince somebody to stop posting information about their vehicle, or stop posting altogether. The traffic on the forum has diminished by probably 60% since I joined 5 years ago. There are still a lot of committed guys with a lot of knowledge and information, but negative posts don't help anybody want to stay on board. If a guy takes the time to do a write-up on his truck and post pictures, why would you disrespect that time with the discourtesy of finding fault with it? He put it online, so he gets what he gets? I suppose, but to Andy's point, why? I will admit to being a bit of a hypocrite in that if I'm walking a car show with a buddy, I will talk about what I see. I try to notice if there are people sitting behind the car, and am not intentionally disparaging. But as a a part of an ongoing conversation with my buddy I may talk about what I do and don't approve of. Long post, and thanks if you made it this far. I have felt for quite a while that we are losing valuable members and I think it's worthwhile doing what we can to help people enjoy being here.

Last edited by LT7A; 04-05-2021 at 06:05 PM.
LT7A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 05:45 PM   #20
Boog
laying low

This is more about someone not using tact in how they speak to or about another person or something belonging to someone else. I know of who you speak and this is just the way he is. He stepped on my toes a time or two as well.
Also be aware there is a little known feature in your user control panel that allows you to block any user you choose. It effectively allows you to never see anything someone blocked posts.
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 06:33 PM   #21
Low Elco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boog View Post
This is more about someone not using tact in how they speak to or about another person or something belonging to someone else. I know of who you speak and this is just the way he is. He stepped on my toes a time or two as well.
Also be aware there is a little known feature in your user control panel that allows you to block any user you choose. It effectively allows you to never see anything someone blocked posts.
As a friend of mine who is not a man to be toyed with says, "There's a lot of people out there now who have never been punched in the face."

I generally try to be polite and ask questions. If someone wants to talk my stuff down, my answer is usually "ok, where's yours?" That usually sets them to stammering. Yeah, that's what I thought. It's so much easier to be positive and have fun. We usually do.
Low Elco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 09:13 PM   #22
dmjlambert

I'm glad I missed seeing the thread you guys are talking about. Pretty much all I see here is encouragement and complements. Thank you folks for making this a friendly place and packing it with lots of great info and pictures.
dmjlambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 09:38 PM   #23
Andy4639
Old member

Talking Re: Why???

Don't think for a moment it made me mad guy's. I been on here for a long time. I know how people are when they sit behind a computer. I have probably said things on here a time are two also that I shouldn't have are they took the wrong way. I'm just curious why guys seem to get their giggles out of it. Just keep on doing it over & over again.
As we all know most of the guy's are nice and very forth coming with info and helping with questions. I just don't get the ones on here who don't but yet they want help also.
We all had to go through a learning curve to get where we are today. I guess some just couldn't handle the straight away.

Upstate SC GM Truck Club

Old 04-05-2021, 09:47 PM   #24
57taskforce
All about them K’s

Unfortunately it’s par for the course with the Internet in general. Lots of wanna be key board warriors on the net. It’s a lot easier to be rude online with no real consequences. I’ve learned with the forums I associate with that you’ve got to have a thick skin, I don’t always love all of the trucks I see on here, I do like all of them though. however I do respect the tastes, time, effort, and enjoyment that the people who own, build, and drive them. Don’t let it get to you. We all do things different and sometimes that doesn’t go over like we wish it did.
‘69 K10 SWB http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=805206
'98 Silverado LT K2500HD ECLB Vortec 454/4l80E: 6" lift 315/75/16's
‘87 IROC-Z all original 50K mile survivor TPI 305 IROC Blue
‘10 Camaro 2SS/RS Aqua Blue Metallic #93 -version 2.0
57taskforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 10:36 PM   #25
SCOTI

I'm curious now.... Someone PM the post/thread that triggered this "why" thread.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote