The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-14-2003, 11:37 AM   #11
Classic Heartbeat
Project Junkie! Fishing Poor!!

I think that Craftsman wrenches are fine, the rough surface can be a pain to clean when done. The profesional series is better but more expencive. I also think Craftsman rust a lot easier, especially the plyers. I purchased some Craftsman tool sets for my boys for Christmas and they don't take care of them verry well, so some are getting rusty. They have the odd snap on wrench and they seem to be fine. The biggest issue I have with Craftsman tools is their screw drivers.. They are junk as far as I am concerned.. Sure Sears will replace them when you break them, but oce a weak I need to go to Sears with a fist full of screw drivers for them to replace. For one the phillips head screw drivers don't seem to grip the screws as well as the Snap On's do, but when they do and you are going after a rusted screw they break off. Leaving the tip right in the screw! I have Pitsburg brand screw drivers I purchased from Harbor Freight that perform better than that and those are supposed to be the bottom of the line tools... WES www.ClassicHeartbeat.com
Call us Toll Free (888) 338-2502
Like Us on Facebook
No appointment necessary.
72 BB Chevy Custom Deluxe / Custom Camper
67 I-6 (Soon to be 5.7 LS1) Panel
68 BB Chevy Short Bed
72 6.0 LQ9 Short Bed Chevy 4X4
Olympia's fastest growing truck parts supplier.
Olympia's home for Wayward Chevys
Classic Heartbeat is offline   Reply With Quote