The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-30-2015, 12:29 PM   #1
HONDAWASAKI

Advice on an LS swap on a '67 C0

Hello Everyone! I have a unique LS swap Id like to perform on my '67 c10, but I'm having a hard time finding info, and anyone that is willing to talk on the phone about it. Hopefully someone here has gone down this road.
My recipe is as follows. '05 lq4 6.0, 4l80E, LS1 drive by wire intake. Does anyone know where I could get a harness made for the car intake, and tuning to run the engine/auto trans?

Also if anyone has any advice on headers, mounts, and a trans crossmember I would appreciate it.

If this is in the wrong forum, I apologize.
Old 10-30-2015, 12:37 PM   #2
hugger6933

Re: Advice on an LS swap on a '67 C0

Just have the ends changed to run the other injectors or put the 6.0 injectors in the car intake. Jim
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 12:47 PM   #3
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Quote:
Originally Posted by HONDAWASAKI View Post
Hello Everyone! I have a unique LS swap Id like to perform on my '67 c10, but I'm having a hard time finding info, and anyone that is willing to talk on the phone about it. Hopefully someone here has gone down this road.
My recipe is as follows. '05 lq4 6.0, 4l80E, LS1 drive by wire intake. Does anyone know where I could get a harness made for the car intake, and tuning to run the engine/auto trans?

Also if anyone has any advice on headers, mounts, and a trans crossmember I would appreciate it.

There is an LSx Swap forum. I will see about getting this moved over there....

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 02:09 PM   #4
Fitz
Account Suspended

Quote:

John Spears at Speartech is the guy that Troy Trepainer, Chip Foose and the late Boyd Coddington used for harnesses, controllers and ECU reflash. I used Speartech on an LS2/Mazda Miata swap and the engine started first try.
https://www.speartech.com/
Fitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 08:27 PM   #5
HONDAWASAKI

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugger6933 View Post
Just have the ends changed to run the other injectors or put the 6.0 injectors in the car intake. Jim
The original harness was severed at the trans, and whoever pulled the engine broke several of the connectors, so i'd either have to fix 20 or so wires, and replace a bunch of connectors or source a replacement truck harness. Also its a DBW harness and PCM, and just for aesthetics, I'd like to use the DBC car intake, with a car harness, so at this point I'm leaning toward having a harness built, and reflashing a car PCM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitz View Post
John Spears at Speartech is the guy that Troy Trepainer, Chip Foose and the late Boyd Coddington used for harnesses, controllers and ECU reflash. I used Speartech on an LS2/Mazda Miata swap and the engine started first try.
https://www.speartech.com/
I sent them an E-mail. Thanks for the advice.
Old 10-30-2015, 08:29 PM   #6
HONDAWASAKI

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockDoc View Post
There is an LSx Swap forum. I will see about getting this moved over there....

LockDoc
Sorry about that, I swear I looked. (obviously not hard enough) I'm happy there is a subforum, I'm looking forward to kicking back and reading up. Thanks as always for your help.
Old 10-31-2015, 11:20 AM   #7
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Quote:
Sorry about that, I swear I looked. (obviously not hard enough) I'm happy there is a subforum, I'm looking forward to kicking back and reading up. Thanks as always for your help.

No problem, I just thought you would get more responses here. There is definately a lot of good reading in this forum.

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 12:27 PM   #8
ls1nova71

This is actually a pretty basic, straight forward swap, been done many times. But first, you need to realize that the truck accessories aren't going to work with the truck intake unless you at the very least, relocate one of the idler pulleys. If done this way, the alternator will still be high on the driver's side, and if it's aesthetics you're going for, might not look the best. A set of F body accessories would be a good choice. Another reason for going to the Fbody accessories will be because you will need an F body water pump due to where the upper radiator hose comes out. On a truck it comes out the top, where as the f body comes out the front, the TB won't have a chance of fitting with the truck water pump. You also may need to trim/eliminate the steam line in the TB to clear the '30-'06 DBW TB. A 2010 Camaro water pump may work and has the truck belt spacing if you do not want to swap all the accessories. Also putting a car intake on a truck engine will require you to slightly bend the fuel rail where the feed line attaches due to the truck coils being in the way.

Truck and car PCM's are the same, just the tunes are different, so the PCM you have will work, just need to be tuned for your exact application. You will also NEED the matching TAC module and gas pedal from your donor truck, or at least one from a similar year (for your application it should be '03-'05). There are many different companies that sell stand alone harnesses, just do your homework to find out what everybody's opinion of any particular company is. There are a lot of really good companies, but also a lot of bad, and I'm not going to get into battles on that since I mod my own harnesses, and it's really not my place to repost things I have only read about.

Mounts and headers are just like harnesses these days, a lot of different choices, and again, reading the forum should get you the info you are looking for. I usually use manifolds instead of headers for practicality reasons, but my blazer does have a set of Doug Thorley headers, and they fit great, but it is kind of disappointing to see them starting to get little rust spots in just a year with the truck having never been driven yet...

5.3 swap into my RUSTY '71 C10
http://ls1tech.com/forums/conversion...71-c-10-a.html

Last edited by ls1nova71; 10-31-2015 at 12:47 PM.
ls1nova71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 07:01 PM   #9
HONDAWASAKI

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls1nova71 View Post
This is actually a pretty basic, straight forward swap, been done many times. But first, you need to realize that the truck accessories aren't going to work with the truck intake unless you at the very least, relocate one of the idler pulleys. If done this way, the alternator will still be high on the driver's side, and if it's aesthetics you're going for, might not look the best. A set of F body accessories would be a good choice. Another reason for going to the Fbody accessories will be because you will need an F body water pump due to where the upper radiator hose comes out. On a truck it comes out the top, where as the f body comes out the front, the TB won't have a chance of fitting with the truck water pump. You also may need to trim/eliminate the steam line in the TB to clear the '30-'06 DBW TB. A 2010 Camaro water pump may work and has the truck belt spacing if you do not want to swap all the accessories. Also putting a car intake on a truck engine will require you to slightly bend the fuel rail where the feed line attaches due to the truck coils being in the way.

Truck and car PCM's are the same, just the tunes are different, so the PCM you have will work, just need to be tuned for your exact application. You will also NEED the matching TAC module and gas pedal from your donor truck, or at least one from a similar year (for your application it should be '03-'05). There are many different companies that sell stand alone harnesses, just do your homework to find out what everybody's opinion of any particular company is. There are a lot of really good companies, but also a lot of bad, and I'm not going to get into battles on that since I mod my own harnesses, and it's really not my place to repost things I have only read about.

Mounts and headers are just like harnesses these days, a lot of different choices, and again, reading the forum should get you the info you are looking for. I usually use manifolds instead of headers for practicality reasons, but my blazer does have a set of Doug Thorley headers, and they fit great, but it is kind of disappointing to see them starting to get little rust spots in just a year with the truck having never been driven yet...
Thanks, I'll be studying your build thread closely.