The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-23-2003, 05:22 PM   #1
tmad

Fender seal ?

Can someone tell me how my fender seals go on my 67 2wd lwb. I do not recall removing any when I tore this truck down but I got some with my exterior rubber kit and would like to put them on now. Judging by the way they are cut they must fit around something. I did get a lmc catalog but for these it doesnt show much. Thanks in advance for any help.
tmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 06:01 PM   #2
7T1BURB

Fender seals attach to the cowl side(s) and are reinforced by a piece of metal trimmed to conform to the cowl shape...however, not all vehicles had the fender seals! I think the "CST" models and some others had them and I was faced with the same problem on out BURB...you can tell if your vehicle came with them by locating the fender seal mounting bolt holes on the cowl sides..I'll bet yours probably didn't come with them.. after looking closely, I didn't find any previous mounting holes in the cowl so I left the seals off for now----hope this helps!!
7T1BURB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 08:44 PM   #3
tmad

Sure does! I was looking for those holes and I dont see them so Im gonna assume It did not have them, and leave them off. Thanks much for the reply!!
tmad is offline   Reply With Quote